The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
supersonic

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by supersonic »

FairPlay wrote:I didn't like Raw too much this week. Eh, maybe its just me though...
DVR it and then skip the filler like I do.
adam08

Post by adam08 »

So I guess AW is gone?
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

AW + Caprice and Cedric. Do it ROH. Do it.
adam08

Post by adam08 »

fm20000 wrote:AW + Caprice and Cedric. Do it ROH. Do it.
I would love that.
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

adam08 wrote:So I guess AW is gone?
Is he? I know he got in trouble for saying that line about Kobe. But I didn't hear he was gone. I sure hope he isn't but its the WWE, so you never know... :?
adam08

Post by adam08 »

FairPlay wrote:
adam08 wrote:So I guess AW is gone?
Is he? I know he got in trouble for saying that line about Kobe. But I didn't hear he was gone. I sure hope he isn't but its the WWE, so you never know... :?
Yup he got released yesterday.
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

^ Well that's complete bull sh*t IMO. AW was awesome. Always has been (even when he was on ECW back in the day). #DamnThisWWEBullSh*t. :x
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

He made a rape joke when he honestly should have known better and apparently complained backstage about getting yelled at. I don't feel bad for him in that sense especially with his recent childish rants about getting fired/being held back/etc.
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Apologies for the double post, but congratulations are certainly in order for Antonio Cesaro's United States title win on the Summerslam pre-show. He's improved a lot the past few months and I'm glad he's getting a chance for more time on TV.
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

^ He honestly should have won it actually ON the show but oh well, that's the WWE for ya.

As for AW, he has been held back. He's been awesome for years and they send him back down to FCW? Really? What the heck are they thinking. And they shouldn't give someone a live mic and tell them to say what you want and then get in trouble for doing so. But oh well, it is what it is... :?
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Bottom line is he won a title. I'm not going to be one of those annoying fans that keeps hoping for things to happen, then when it actually does they feel they have the right to complain because it wasn't booked exactly to their liking. He's the new champion and I'm happy for him.

As for AW, them giving him a live mic shows they had a lot of trust in him, so don't play the "he was held back" card. They clearly thought he had potential as a manager, but his ECW show BOMBED, and that was his own fault as they kept it around more than long enough for him to get the concept over.

Back to the live mic, a rape joke is NEVER something to use to get talent over, as somebody as established as you are making him appear AW should have known that, without question. If he was going to do something that major in a time they're in, he should have known he had to clear it backstage first. He didn't, complained about it, and got fired. I feel no pity for him in that regard.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Summerslam was a decent ppv imo. Going in, I didn't have high expectations. I'm sure this ppv made a lot of ROH fans happy. Bryan and Punk going over big wwe guys and Claudio winning a title(albeit on the pregame show). Like Jeremy, I am happy Claudio is a champion and I won't complain about it not happening to my liking.
lucey216

Post by lucey216 »

didn't see all of it, but from what i saw, yea Summerslam was pretty good this year
benpas

Post by benpas »

I can't be the only person who kind of is annoyed by the Brock's gimmick is now he constantly leaves thing?
adam08

Post by adam08 »

So Punk vs Claudio and kow vs Black and punk happened at the nxt taping.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

adam08 wrote:So Punk vs Claudio and kow vs Black and punk happened at the nxt taping.
Yeah Punk & Rollins (Black) fought KOW in a Bonus Tag Team Match. Heard it was EPIC. I SERIOUSLY hope this match ends up on Youtube (have my doubts but hey the full Ambrose/Punk match made its way to Youtube so I'll keep my fingers crossed)
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

benpas wrote:I can't be the only person who kind of is annoyed by the Brock's gimmick is now he constantly leaves thing?
You're supposed to hate him. He cherry-picks when and where without the tact of the Rock. He has a limited number of contracted dates for a huge salary.

Of course, that likely makes this autumn completely meaningless, although it can't possibly be any more tedious than last autumn's run of TV and PPVs.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

adam08 wrote:So Punk vs Claudio and kow vs Black and punk happened at the nxt taping.
As soon as it's available, get it on here.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Yea that show of NXT won't air for awhile, they're quite ahead in tapings atm.

Rollins winning the NXT title doesn't even air till next week, and we knew about that ages ago.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

supersonic wrote:
As soon as it's available, get it on here.
Dark match
MOOSE!