The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
supersonic

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by supersonic »

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
While not confirmed, there is a lot of talk about Undertaker wrestling at SummerSlam
Regarding Ellsworth, he is not under contract and just being used on a per date basis. Since this comeback, he has only been working TV dates and no house shows. This run has helped his indie bookings as there are very few guys featured on WWE television these days that indie promoters can use. But that also means they have no long-term plans for his role since if they had a long-term idea, he’d be signed
Even though Bryan is being advertised for dates after 9/1, he has not signed a new contract. But there’s nothing that indicates he’s leaving either, and in fact, he’s strongly indicated the opposite... A few weeks ago he said that he missed being away from his daughter at the age she is for long periods of time, and would to work 50 to 100 dates per year. Right now I can’t see WWE not signing him to that type of a deal. He has made it clear, and until a few months ago, was 100 percent in on the idea that he would be wrestling in places like ROH and New Japan prior to WWE clearing him. There were reports this past week that he had signed a two-year contract, and later when we wrote that wasn’t the case, that he had signed a two-month extension and a new two-year-deal is on the table. Obviously a new deal is on the table, but as of this point he has not signed anything new
roacheyyy

Post by roacheyyy »

Thought of a stable when I was blazed last night, don't have all the details figured out but the rough timeline of it goes like:
- Samoa Joe beats AJ Styles at Summerslam to win the title with help from Jamie Noble, Noble becomes his manager
- The next night during a tag team match Daniel Bryan turns on AJ and aligns with Joe/Noble
- Nigel McGuinness replaces Corey Graves on Smackdown and becomes the group's personal announcer (start calling themselves "The Honor Ring"
- Seth Rollins joins Smackdown after losing a "Loser Leaves Town" match to Dolph Ziggler, also turns on AJ
- Roderick Strong helps Rollins beat AJ the next week
- AJ wins the title back from Joe, but after a group beatdown Kevin Owens comes out and cashes in the Money in the Bank Briefcase he won from Braun Strowman to win the title and join the group
- Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly interfere in a tag team match and assault the tag team champs The New Day, starting an Undisputed Era vs New Day feud

Bit silly but would be cool seeing all the former world champs together
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

WWE wouldn't be dumb enough to do an ROH stable while ROH is clearly on the rise.
ShaunSperling

Post by ShaunSperling »

I don't think WWE will ever do a ROH stable, tbh.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Mike, thank you
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Roman just publicly stated that he is dealing with recurring cancer. Sincerest wishes to him, his family, and friends. Leukemia changes everything about your life.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Hopefully he comes through it strong. Sucks he has to deal with this again, I had no idea he had beaten it once before.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Crazy thought: who imagined 3 years ago, that a day would come with us more worried health-wise about Reigns than about Bryan?
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

So, I guess WWE wanted to make sure they never returned to Saudi Arabia.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Rooting for a Kurt Angle Royal Rumble victory this year so we can finally get that Kurt Angle-Daniel Bryan match. I remember watching The Greatest Royal Rumble when those two were in the ring thinking "this has gotta happen at WrestleMania." Now is the time to pull the trigger!
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Ronda looks to be leaving the company after Wrestlemania. Nice job producing stars with the most loaded roster in history, Vince.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

What a slap in the face this whole Rousey saga must be to all the women who busted their asses through indies, developmental, and/or international promotions to get there.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

famicommander wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:50 pm What a slap in the face this whole Rousey saga must be to all the women who busted their asses through indies, developmental, and/or international promotions to get there.
Just like Warrior, she paid her dues through a different journey and there's more money plus other opportunities available to feature her. All indicators are that she's been a total team player and it would be incredibly shocking for her not to due the clean job on the way out for her current run, whether she'll be back here and there or not. It all lines up perfectly too - the historic women's main event on the biggest stage, in the world's media capital city, the brightest of lights. It's going to be fucking epic and I'm sad I can't be there for it, as I expect it to be the most heated WrestleMania closer in the current 6-7 hour PPV era.

If anything, she's been TOO much of a team player, wrestling more often than truly necessary on Raw and being settled in as a regular cast member, rather than being a true box-office special attraction that we all know she can be. However, there's a flip side to that coin - perhaps all the ring work she's accumulated has been a major factor in her rookie year improvement, comparable only to the likes of her fellow real-turned-fake fighters like Angle and Lesnar. You don't get a ***1/2 level match out of Nia Jax without being a great worker, as only Asuka and Bayley were able to do that before Rousey.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

famicommander wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:50 pm What a slap in the face this whole Rousey saga must be to all the women who busted their asses through indies, developmental, and/or international promotions to get there.
Motherhood?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

rovert1 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:45 pm
Motherhood?
You know exactly what I mean. They brought it a complete novice, buried half the roster to make her look good, put a belt on her due to her celebrity, and now she's leaving.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:32 am
rovert1 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:45 pm
Motherhood?
You know exactly what I mean. They brought it a complete novice, buried half the roster to make her look good, put a belt on her due to her celebrity, and now she's leaving.
No one has been buried. The opposite in fact.