The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
AndyDiaz

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by AndyDiaz »

Hoping that the we don't get any more titles. Having 1 World/Womens/Tag makes them so much more meaningful than having double of everything, although I like have two midcard titles, more opportunities for the midcard to flourish which they so desperately need.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Well, I think it's pretty much guaranteed that we're going to see a new world title, but I do indeed hope they're not going to do 2 tag and women titles, though that would leave the brand without the title with a pretty meaningless division
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
I was told this was a ****+ match.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Kurt Angle is not taking any new wrestling bookings this year, although is doing appearances. He’s also not taking anything right now in 2017, at this point because his management believes they are still expecting something to happen with WWE
Jericho looks to be leaving in the fall or winter.

Jericho did an interview with Fansided.com talking about his schedule and promoting his new podcast network. He said originally he and Fozzy were going to do an album this year, so he’d have left wrestling months ago. He said they are right now planning on recording in September and or October, and also doing a November and December European tour. That would indicate he’ll be out of action during that period
The word going around the locker room from multiple sources is that Reigns tested positive for Adderall, which is used to treat ADHD, but can also be used as a mile performance enhancer (and cognitive enhancer in other professions) as well as a party drug. This isn’t official given that WWE doesn’t release what a performer fails for, and the performers themselves are strongly encouraged not to publicly talk about it and just take their punishment. At this stage of the game, they really should reveal what the positive tests are for just to avoid the rampant speculation that comes out given the nature of coverage
What makes the Lesnar situation unique is his dual role as a pro wrestler and the weird regulation rules.

The WWE’s own policy bans Clomiphene, but a first offense by WWE policy would be a 30 day suspension. When it comes to Lesnar, that means little. If WWE was to suspend him, they would time the suspension during a period where he wouldn’t be wrestling to begin with. At this point there has been no suspension, but it’s also unlikely WWE had all the details regarding the test results past what UFC and the media have reported, since they aren’t involved in that program, so wouldn’t suspend him just yet. WWE has not responded to any questions regarding Lesnar, the test and the policy, past stating that Lesnar would not be performing until SummerSlam.

The company has shown in the past with suspensions of a number of wrestlers in 2007 found violating the program by purchasing banned substances as shown by mail order records, even though those same wrestlers were passing WWE tests. They also fired Kip Sopp (Billy Gunn) as a coach as soon as they found out he had failed a test for testosterone while competing in a powerlifting meet.

However, because Lesnar competed in Nevada, there will have to be a hearing where, unless he can prove extenuating circumstances, he’d face a large fine, a lengthy suspension and his win against Hunt would be overturned. The new result of the fight would be that Hunt would have a no contest on his record, while Lesnar’s record would fall to 5-4 as he would be considered having a loss in that fight.

But a commission suspension would ban him in all states that license pro wrestlers for the length of time of the Nevada suspension. There is a precedent here. In 2012, when King Mo Lawal was suspended for nine months by the Nevada commission when he tested positive for the steroid Drostanolone, he then started training in OVW for pro wrestling after signing with TNA. Because Kentucky regulates pro wrestling, he was not allowed to wrestle on any shows in that state until the suspension was up. Essentially any state where wrestlers are licensed, Lesnar could not wrestle in.

Most states don’t regulate pro wrestling. New York, where SummerSlam takes place, has a unique approach. It sort of regulates wrestling, but it stopped licensing wrestlers in 2002. But it does license promoters. Lesnar being suspended would not stop him from wrestling at SummerSlam, and WWE is still promoting his match with Randy Orton and aside from the one statement, and the minor things they’ve done that almost nobody is aware of, you would think they’re trying to ignore this. The commission could sanction WWE for usage of a suspended athlete after the fact, but couldn’t keep them from doing so. It’s pretty clear they will look the other way in this instance and the match isn’t in jeopardy.

Lesnar failing two tests performed by USADA after only being available for testing for five weeks, while he’s been with WWE for four years without a test failure is an interesting case, particularly since he’s far larger in the WWE. His being bigger, and not quite as cut, in WWE is because in UFC he had to make 266 pounds at weigh-ins, while he can be more than 300 pounds for WrestleMania. For years, WWE did have a far better testing program than UFC, but in recent months the UFC’s ramped up testing blows away the WWE’s. The UFC program is actually incredibly serious, whereas WWE tests but is obviously not nearly as concerned with it because it’s still doing the testing from another generation as opposed to the surprise 6 a.m. showing up at home tests all over the world.

It was notable that unlike other wrestler/manager combinations, Lesnar was not listed with Paul Heyman [for the draft]. Heyman’s contract with WWE has expired and at this point the sides haven’t come to an agreement for a renewal, so he was never mentioned as coming to Raw with Lesnar.

Lesnar was originally booked to appear on the show in Worcester live and was being advertised. He was then pulled from the show, and from the advertising, having nothing to do with his drug test failure as we were told a few days before the test even came in that he was off the show. Still, the WWE stated Lesnar’s next appearance would be SummerSlam. He was originally to return to television in August to appear on episodes of Raw to build up SummerSlam. What’s notable about that is with Orton on Smackdown, in theory, they would be doing a match with no angles involving the two since in theory the two would have never appeared on the same show. The result of the match becomes interesting since Orton’s role is going to be stronger with Cena no longer doing house shows and the Lesnar booking with Ambrose (which makes far less sense now than it even did at the time) wouldn’t make sense.

If Lesnar is suspended from the UFC for two years, he would be 41 when he would be eligible to return, so this likely ends his MMA career. He’d have to pass a battery of drug tests to get reinstated if he would even be interested in fighting at that point. The suspension may not completely remove Lesnar’s UFC leverage in negotiating a contract with WWE when his current deal expires, since his contract is up in April 2018. A two-year suspension, if that’s what he gets, would expire three months later.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

On tonight's Observer Radio, Meltzer says WWE won't suspend Lesnar. "100%"
Montana

Post by Montana »

Personally i prefer SD roster much better. Raw has Rollins and Reigns, but once that feud is over, they are going to be grasping at straws. A lot of the wrestlers with good mic skills are on SD. I think Raw will have a very hard time putting together a 3 hour entertaining show, with the most entertaining wrestlers are on SD. (IMO) I do think Owens will move up quick. I also think we'll get at least 2 womens matches a week. Maybe 3 on raw, to will the time.

Raw does have the women's and i think the Tag division is closer than what most people think. Also SD mid card is fine with Ziggler, Del Rio, Miz, Corbin, Ryder Rowan, Kane, Kalisto, and not to mention Apollo Crews. Plus i like the SD tag divison with american alpha and Breezango. Plus the ascension will be re-pushed. Throw the uso's in there and i think you have some good stuff!
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

The new Raw and Smackdown logos look really really really really not good.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

WWE hitting the G-spot like ROH once used to do consistently.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/cruise ... s-offered/

I wonder what the deal is with Zack.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

How a company that was able to produce two good-excellent shows in Battleground and Raw, is able to put on a show from top to bottom in every single avenue that wrestling uses for a show/event that was just awful is beyond me.

If Raw was hitting the G-Spot, Smackdown felt like two awkward virgins having sex for the first time.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Shelton Benjamin, 41, is returning on 8/2 on the Smackdown brand.

Regarding Del Rio, there has been talk from a few weeks back that he's got an out clause from his deal in September.

Nick Gwiazdowski, who won 88 straight matches until losing to Kyle Snyder in the NCAA tournament this past year (after winning the title in 2014 and 2015), has his eyes set on WWE, but not until 2020 as he wants to make the next Olympic team. As far as his amateur wrestling style, some have compared him with a bigger Jack Brisco, as they are apparently remarkably similar in technique, although "Gwiz" is about 40 pounds heavier. I believe he attended WrestleMania this year.

Mascara Dorada, who is Gran Metalik in the cruiserweight tournament and is expected to start on Raw when they debut the cruiserweights, is still denying it. He's constantly being asked if he's signed in Mexico. While we've been told he agreed to come in last week (there are still all the channels you have to go through), he just said he's heard the rumors, has no plans of going to WWE right now, but would consider any offer they would give him. Apparently that's what WWE has told him to say as they want to release all signings themselves when they feel the time is right.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

So is anybody here going to get the Booty Os cereal? If it was a little cheaper I would get it. I'd feel stupid for buying a box of cereal for $12.99 plus shipping.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Meltzer says it's "pretty clear" Roderick Strong is WWE bound "relatively soon." TNA wouldn't have led to him bidding farewell to PWG this weekend.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Meltzer says SmackDown will have it own tag team and female championships.
ShaunSperling

Post by ShaunSperling »

I wonder how many lines Bryan and Foley are going to flub tonight in the Raw opening?
Brada

Post by Brada »

2 weeks before SummerSlam and your RAW main event is Rusev-Cesaro (who wrestled twice).

New Era over, back to the same ol' crap.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

‏@WWEArchivist 11h11 hours ago
Dug @WWENetwork @steveaustinBSR Podcast with Ambrose- he mentioned the infamous Shield Shields. Never saw TV- enjoy!
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Per Voices of Wrestling's Joe Lanza, Ambrose did a disservice to himself with his behavior on the Stone Cold Podcast in WWE's eyes.
ShaunSperling

Post by ShaunSperling »

Eva Marie has been booked fantastically on SD.