The WWE Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Colt45

Re: The WWE Thread

Post by Colt45 »

ROHFanAnthony wrote:Maybe he is retiring from wwe and will return to the indies once he is free from wwe contractually.
Oh yes I'm sure Bryan will give up a WWE deal to further destroy what's left of his body and brain on the indies. ROH may not be able to line his pockets fat like Vince, but I'm sure once Daniel hears those three fateful letters R-O-H all those wasted hours of surgery and rehab will all be worth it.

Shit, maybe he can wrestle CM Punk after he DESTROYS his first UFC opponent since we're living in fantasy world.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

You're right Colt45, I shouldn't even wish for him to risk his body any further. He accomplished a lot in his 16 year career. Sadly it's over!

I got into ROH by reading on the Internet how awesome it was, particularly matches of someone named Bryan Danielson.
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

This is the first time in like, 12 years, I'm actually contemplating watching Raw tonight.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

trufreedom wrote:This is the first time in like, 12 years, I'm actually contemplating watching Raw tonight.
Hasn't been worth it yet, IMO. This episode ain't that good, at least not yet.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Brock Lesnar is a beast. I don't know how they are going to book him to credibly lose.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

Am I watching all of Raw just for Daniel Bryan? Yes yes yes.

More on the other thread.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
Sardonic Artery

Sardonic Artery wrote:Can't remember the last time I saw Tamina Snuka in a singles match. Surprised she still has a gig in the E.
Guess it's tonight. I see why she doesn't get more, but I liked that big kick.
Sardonic Artery

Man, Rusev has fallen far.

He gets pinned way more than a huge heel should, gets crapped on by the Rock, etc. Guess they couldn't take it out on Lana as much...
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Yeah, he's way to low on the card. Should've been the leader of the League of Nations instead of Sheamus
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Dean Ambrose landing the blindsiding nut shot on Lesnar was fucking lame and anticlimactic.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

SmackDown! 2/11/2016 from Portland, OR - SPOILERS

Dark match:

Colin Cassidy & Enzo Amore over 2 unnamed jobbers. "This is awesome" chants at the start for no reason. The promo shtick wasn't recognized by much of the audience. They were over at the finish.
Spoiler: show
Main Event spoilers:

Heath Slater over Zack Ryder in a match I imagine gets pimped on the VoW forum. Ryder was over despite not teasing a comeback as were the Social Outcasts. No Bo Dallas.

Natalya over Alicia Fox

Mark Henry & Darren Young over Fandango & Damien Sandow. Nothing but two silver linings both involving Sandow: he was back in the Scholars attire and was quite over, with Fandago refusing to tag him in. Imagine if Sandow had gotten promo time.

SmackDown! for 2/11/2016:

Chris Jericho opens the show and says AJ Styles hasn't compiled the body of work in WWE that he has, specifically citing the classic ladder match here against Shawn Michaels at No Mercy 2008. Styles comes out and as they're about to start the match, the Social Outcasts interrupt and talk shit, resulting in a fisticuffs and impromptu tag, with Jericho vs. Styles to happen later tonight.

Jericho & Styles over Adam Rose & Curtis Axel. Jericho & Styles tried impressing each other, with the former attacking the latter from behind in the post-match.

Dudleyz cut a very good promo with a dozen tables set up outside the ring. They returned to add to their legacies, not be a novelty farewell act and are sick of being viewed as one trick ponies, citing constant chants for tables. They say they've retired the tables gimmick.

Goldust chokes on a food item and is saved by R-Truth, then says that's the foundation to be partners. Still keeps getting denied.

Sasha Banks over Naomi. Becky Lynch provides commentary. Naomi dominated most of the match thanks to a lovely apron bump for Banks. Tamina attacked Lynch and was taken out by Banks near the end.

AJ STYLES TALKED. In an interview, he says he won't fall for Jericho's mind games.

The entire Wyatt Family state in a promo that they're looking to rid the company of "titans." They want to be worshipped as "gods." They say it's begun.

Lucha Dragons & Neville over Cosmic Wasteland. The Kalisto push is working.

Chris Jericho over AJ Styles in a match that was about a dozen minutes. Much smoother than the Miami match and Styles is quite over. Hottest crowd heat of the night by far. Clean finish, zero interference, no appearances by Miz. ***3/4

Dark segment:

Entire Wyatt Family lay out Jericho & Styles in the post-match. Lucha Dragons & Neville come save them, with Harper & Wyatt leaving Strowman & Rowan to the wolves. The trio knock Strowman out of the ring and Sin Cara #2 gives Rowan a splash through a table.
Brock Lesnar confirmed for next week's SmackDown! in Ontario, CA.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

http://pwinsider.com/article/99695/wwe- ... d.html?p=1
WWE star Titus O'Neil was sent home from last night's Smackdown taping in Portland, Oregon shortly after he arrived. The word we are getting is that O'Neil has been suspended for "unprofessional conduct."
During the ending of last night's Raw taping in Seattle, Washington, a number of WWE personalities and staff were assembled on the stage in honor of the retiring Bryan Danielson. At the end of that segment, which aired on Raw before going live on the WWE Network, Danielson returned to the locker room after passing through the center of the assembled WWE personnel.

As WWE talents returned to the back, O'Neill grabbed WWE owner Vince McMahon in what was described to us as in a "playful, physical way." McMahon responded by shoving O'Neil away. McMahon's shove of O'Neill actually made it onto the final seconds of the broadcast. We are told that McMahon was angry at being grabbed and that led to the suspension.

When O'Neil arrived at Smackdown, he was informed he was going sent home. The word making the rounds is that the suspension could be for upwards of 90 days. That would put O'Neil out of action through May, which means he would be missing Wrestlemania 32.

O'Neil, 39, signed with WWE in 2009 and is best known as one half of the Prime Time Players, although he's been used most recently in a singles role. He's been very active in local community outreach where he lives in Tampa. O'Neil had lost to Adam Rose earlier during the Raw broadcast.

Last night, the WWE Network exclusive video of Bryan Danielson's farewell was removed from Youtube and WWE.com as well as the WWE Network. It is likely that WWE is going to edit the snippet at the end out before restoring the videos.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

Thelone

Post by Thelone »

What an idiot.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Seemed playful enough. 90 days is harsh as shit for someone who gives them such good PR.
Sardonic Artery

As someone noted on Twitter, Black History Month indeed, Vince. Way to give Titus a push...
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
A current WWE star is fairly strongly considering MMA when his contract expires. To me, once you get past about 27, even if you are a top level athlete (and Brock Lesnar’s don’t grow on trees), MMA isn’t the way to go as a career if you can still do WWE. It’s one thing if you’re already rich and it’s a bucket list thing like with Dave Bautista or Punk, but not for a regular guy looking to switch careers. If it’s one of the Gerald Brisco developmental guys, and there are a lot of them, who aren’t making money in NXT, then the equation is different than for a main roster regular
Any talk of Undertaker vs. Strowman now is 99 percent dead. Right now the plan is for Strowman to win the Andre the Giant Battle Royal and get a major push from that point on as a monster, to build him for an eventual title program with Reigns as well as a potential PPV match with Lesnar, which right now is on the books for SummerSlam. So at this point there doesn’t appear to be an idea what the situation is with Undertaker unless Cena is going to make it back by then. Owens pitched real hard backstage for the Undertaker match but that also isn’t happening
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

supersonic wrote:Observer:
A current WWE star is fairly strongly considering MMA when his contract expires. To me, once you get past about 27, even if you are a top level athlete (and Brock Lesnar’s don’t grow on trees), MMA isn’t the way to go as a career if you can still do WWE. It’s one thing if you’re already rich and it’s a bucket list thing like with Dave Bautista or Punk, but not for a regular guy looking to switch careers. If it’s one of the Gerald Brisco developmental guys, and there are a lot of them, who aren’t making money in NXT, then the equation is different than for a main roster regular
Legitimately curious as to who this person is.
supersonic wrote:
Any talk of Undertaker vs. Strowman now is 99 percent dead. Right now the plan is for Strowman to win the Andre the Giant Battle Royal and get a major push from that point on as a monster, to build him for an eventual title program with Reigns as well as a potential PPV match with Lesnar, which right now is on the books for SummerSlam. So at this point there doesn’t appear to be an idea what the situation is with Undertaker unless Cena is going to make it back by then. Owens pitched real hard backstage for the Undertaker match but that also isn’t happening
It's shocking how much they (I'm sure it's mostly Vince) are behind Strowman. Are they seriously considering two big PPV matches with him against Reigns & Lesnar? These next few months are going to be groan-enducing...
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Why do you think the roster will have Joe, Zayn, Styles, and Owens by then? They're pacifiers to keep us hooked. Then there will also be Cena, Orton, Rollins, and Cesaro.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »