The Beyond Wrestling/Women's Wrestling Revolution Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
dark patriot

Re: The Beyond Wrestling Thread

Post by dark patriot »

well with this show sold out already it will be tough to gauge any possible negative effects of those decisions.
joshkyleo'reillyfan

Post by joshkyleo'reillyfan »

Thats true. I'd suggest maybe nobody will buy the DVD but with the Beyondemand thing thats not even really accurate anymore.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

as much as i like Beyond they need to be careful IMO.most the shows between Americanrana in July and the Fete Finale had low attendance so this early sell out shouldnt cloud how they do things.
ShaunSperling

Post by ShaunSperling »

What's a good starting point for this to a newbie of the product?
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

It's more of a farewell than a jumping in point, but it'd be a mistake to start following the product and not watching GRRR.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

ShaunSperling wrote:What's a good starting point for this to a newbie of the product?
Americanrana 2013
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

JTCole wrote:
ShaunSperling wrote:What's a good starting point for this to a newbie of the product?
Americanrana 2013
Agreed. Americanrana 2013 is the best place to start with Beyond.
joshkyleo'reillyfan

I have a question for you guys. On Twitter I made a few jokes about Fury vs Sabre and I was asked by Dijak if I was trolling and the guy who runs Beyond's Twitter said that people who really support Beyond wanna see it. I was kind of taken aback by it as first of all I do support Beyond so that was kind of odd for him to say and I didn't really think there were people who actually truly want that as Zack's first match in Beyond. I don't have anything against Brian Fury really, he's done a lot for the business, I just find him kind of uninteresting and think its bizarre that they're pushing him so much. I don't think it will be that bad of a match I just think it was a really strange move to have Fury as Sabre's first opponent, when theres so many other people on the roster they could've chosen. What do you guys think?
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Yeah, Fury as a wrestler doesn't do much for me either. I was hoping for Sabre Jr. vs. Gresham. But, for the Beyond faithful who attend every show, Fury is one of their guys and will certainly love seeing the match.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

1/30 BEYOND WRESTLING #THEDREAMLEFTBEHIND LIVE REPORT FROM SOMERVILLE, MA
By Paul Crockett on 2016-02-01 09:30:00
Beyond Wrestling
"The Dream Left Behind"
Arts at the Armory
Somerville, MA

Storytelling seems to be a lost art in some corners of professional wrestling. Not here. Not tonight. What Beyond Wrestling does is make sure that what you're watching is a story that makes you invest emotionally in the characters in the ring. Novel concept, right? Tonight, this company showed me that there is hope for new organizations in this loaded landscape.

Match #1: Steel Cage Match - JT Dunn v. Joey Janela

This was clearly a feud with some history. Dunn came out with the words "Bad Boy" painted on his chest, which is the nickname of Janela. This was escape the cage rules. The early part of the match saw more of a back and forth affair, with both guys getting in a lot of rough, hard hitting offense that included the cage. That all changed at the end. Dunn punished Janela. He overwhelmed him to the point that at the end of the match, Janela literally begged off, asking for mercy. Dunn wanted to give him the finishing blow, but instead chose mercy and walked out of the cage for the win. Really solid opener and a really well-told story.

WINNER: JT Dunn via escape

Match #2: Ryan Galeone (with Veda Scott) v. Jonathan Gresham

Mr. Galeone is a large human being. Mr. Gresham is not so much. While I wouldn't call this your classic big man-small man match, I would say they played up that dynamic pretty well. Veda got involved on a couple of occasions, including cutting off Gresham as he was going to try a running dive to the floor. The crowd did not enjoy that, which was a great bit of work on her part. The finish saw Galeone put Gresham away with a sit-out powerbomb while Jordan Grace jumped Veda on the outside.

WINNER: Ryan Galeone

Match #3: Matt Riddle v. Chuck O'Neil - Guest Referee: Drew Gulak

Riddle obviously has an MMA hybrid style, but for those that don't know, so does O'Neil because he competes in MMA as well. They entered the ring and put on a good match that showed off both men's skills as strikers and ground tacticians. Gulak did a good job having to be strict with both men and warning them that he will disqualify them if he has to, and subtly teasing issues between him and Riddle. The issues didn't stay subtle for long. The finish came when both men were attempting submissions and Riddle was able to roll O'Neil into a guillotine. There was no tap out as O'Neil passed out in the hold. When Gulak called for the bell, Riddle wouldn't let go of the hold. In a move reminiscent of Ken Shamrock-Bret Hart at WrestleMania 13, Gulak picked Riddle up off of O'Neil and tossed him away. Gulak struck his best kung fu pose to keep Riddle at bay in the corner, but it seems like we may see something between these two soon.

WINNER: Matt Riddle

Match #4: Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa v. Da Hit Squad (Monsta Mack & Dan Maff)

I've heard plenty of chants in my life, but there was one that hit another level during this match. While they were staring each other down, Mack was daring Ciampa to hit him by touching his own chin. So Ciampa decided, hey, what the hell? Why not kiss him on the cheek instead of hitting him? So he did! And the crowd went nuts. For the rest of the match, the crowd let out a lot of kiss related chants, but "Ciampa's Gonna Kiss You" may be one of my favorites. This was a really hard hitting match. Gargano may not seem like he fits into this equation, but he more than held his own against these other three killers. I also got to see Monsta Mack hit a second-rope hurricanrana. I never thought I would see that. The finish saw a combo superkick-knee strike from Gargano & Ciampa for the win. All four got a long ovation and Da Hit Squad got a really well-deserved one after the fact.

WINNER: Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa

Match #5: Zack Sabre, Jr. v. Brian Fury

If you love intricate and innovative technical wrestling, this match is right up your alley. Sabre has been gaining a tremendous reputation for himself, but Fury has been a guy who has been a big time veteran on the independents in the New England area and he more than held his own in this one. Get this: Sabre spent a lot of the match working over Fury's fingers. Yes, his FINGERS! It may sound outrageous in writing, but in execution it was a pleasure to watch. As each move got more and more involved, so did the crowd. It built to a great finish that saw Sabre lock Fury in a modified Rings of Saturn where he also twisted his fingers at the same time. Painful enough for a verbal submission and another long ovation from the audience.

WINNER: Zack Sabre, Jr.

Match #6: Shynron v. Travis "Air" Gordon

In the official card that was put out by Beyond, this match was dubbed "Flippy Shit." There was quite a bit of that in this match. Shynron was the one that came into this match with a growing reputation in the company, but Gordon showed himself to be up for the aerial battle. There were too many high flying attempts for me to try and name. Shynron was able to get the win with a mid-air neck breaker/Destino hybrid. The highlight of the match may have been before the bell rang. Ring announcer Rich Palladino, who has been a staple of New England wrestling for over 20 years, had his 10-year old son Anthony take over as ring announcer for the match, much to everyone's delight. It was a really cool moment.

WINNER: Shynron

Match #7: Chris Hero v. Matt Tremont

This was was a slow starter than was able to overcome some speed bumps and get the crowd behind it. Tremont, the CZW Tournament of Death Champion, was now in a position where he was without weapons and doing his best to overcome the man whose best weapons are attached to his body. For those that have never seen him, Tremont has a Axl Rotten/Hack Meyers vibe to him, and in this match, he had the comeback spirit of Tommy Dreamer. Despite the fact that he has put on some significant weight since leaving NXT, it didn't impede Hero's flexibility or athleticism. He was still able to get his legs and knees up for his big strikes. There was a really fun spot where Tremont dared Hero to run off the ropes and hit him. So Hero wound up like he was getting ready to run, then just turned and straight kicked Tremont in the face. Tremont was able to withstand a ton of Hero's offense, including the Death Blow, which didn't even bring him to the mat. He wasn't able to withstand the Cradle Piledriver, which got Hero the win. After the match, Hero got on the mic and said he never wants to face Tremont again because he's so tough.

WINNER: Chris Hero

Match #8: EYFBO (Jaka, Angel Ortiz & Mike Draztik) v. The Crusade for Change (TJ Marconi, Darius Carter & Anthony Gangone)

This was the story of two factions that had long been circling each other and just never crossed paths. It was also the story of chaos. The match was a wild back and forth battle with a lot of quick tags and a lot of break downs into not even tagging at all while they traded blows. Speaking of blows, the Crusade for Change was able to strike the first one in this war when Darius Carter scored a roll-up with a hand full of tights.

WINNERS: The Crusade for Change

Match #9: Submission Match - AR Fox v. "Hot Sauce" Tracey Williams

AR Fox isn't know for his submission work. At all. Ever. He is known for lots of really innovative high flying, and despite the fact that this was a mat battle, Fox was still able to do a lot of aerial work. Much to the surprise of a lot of people, though, Fox was able to hit the mat and trade holds with Williams really well. Fox actually went for a pinfall at the beginning of the match and had to be reminded by the referee what kind of match was happening. Fox and Williams went back and forth in a really entertaining match, with Fox getting the win with the Anaconda Vice.

WINNER: AR Fox

Main Event: The United States Death Machine (Sami Callahan & Chris Dickinson) v. Team LoveLee (Kimber Lee & Heidi Lovelace)

Intergender matches are a topic of discussion in a lot of wrestling circles. Some pro, some against. I can't lie. I am in the against camp. With all that being said, while I can't say I am now a believer, I can say that if you're going to an intergender match, this is way to do it. Heidi Lovelace but on an absolutely brilliant performance as the babyface in peril. Her selling and facials were at another level and she was able to make the crowd believers. She may not have had to do that much to make people believe, because Callahan and Dickinson did NOT take it easy on her. Dickinson even got on the mic and berated Lovelace, saying he brought her to this company and she betrayed him, but he would be willing to stop the beating if she gave up and left the ring with them right now. Obviously, she declined. The offense they laid into her was brutal, tough and smash mouth. After multiple hope spots that continually saw Lovelace come up short with the tag, she was finally able to get the tag to Kimber Lee and the crowd went wild. They were able to pull off some double team moves and get themselves in a position to win. As the referee was distracted, Callahan earned himself a low blow while Dickinson was trapped on the second rope. Kimber Lee hit a Razor's Edge off that rope for the win to send the crowd home happy.

WINNERS: Team LoveLee

An incredible wrestling experience. If Beyond is within driving distance, do yourself a favor and check them out. Everyone on the roster worked really hard to give the fans not only an athletic experience, but a great storytelling one.

Check them out on Twitter and Facebook.

pwinsider
http://theburninghammer.com/forum/viewt ... =1&t=35308
joshkyleo'reillyfan

Eddie Edwards vs Brian Fury on 2/28. First Zack, now Eddie. My interest in this promotion is 100% gone.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

joshkyleo'reillyfan wrote:Eddie Edwards vs Brian Fury on 2/28. First Zack, now Eddie. My interest in this promotion is 100% gone.
Why?
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
joshkyleo'reillyfan

After Fury won TFT I was questioning the direction they were going in but then Fete Finale's card looked great and I can't wait to buy that when it finally is released on DVD. But lately the cards haven't interested me as much and I don't like Fury but they keep booking him against the wrestlers I get excited about them bringing in.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

You don't have to like both guys in the ring to enjoy whats going on. Zack Sabre Jr and Eddie Edwards are masters of their craft and can pull good work out of anybody. Let's see if those guys did/can make Fury look better.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

I thought the Armory show last month was very good,better than the Fete finale.

I dont love Fury but i dont think he needs anyone to make him look better either.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Michael Elgin will be returning to Beyond Wrestling on 5/29. His opponent will be Jeff Cobb aka...
Spoiler: show
Matanza Cueto
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here's the card for the Beyond Wrestling Head Over Heels, which is this coming weekend. Looks like a pretty interesting card:
*Americanrana Comes Early*
Donovan Dijak vs. Chris Dickinson

*Tag Team Dream Match*
Death By Elbow (Chris Hero & JT Dunn) vs. Da Hit Squad (Danny “Mafia” Maff & Steve “Monsta” Mack)

*Intergender Showdown*
Colt Cabana vs. Kimber Lee

*CLL World Title Match*
Shynron (c) vs. Lio Rush

*Six-Man Tag Team Match*
The Colony (Fire Ant, Silver Ant, Soldier Ant) vs. Team Pazuzu (Jaka, Mike Draztik, Angel Oritz)

*Beat The Clock Challenge*
Matthew Riddle vs. Suge D

*Mixed Tag Team Match*
Jonathan Gresham & Jordynne Grace vs. Ryan Galeone & Veda Scott

*Special Guest Referee: Johnny Cockstrong*
Massage NV (Dorian Graves & VSK) vs. Milk Chocolate (Brandon Watts & Randy Summers)
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Hell of a card.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

Credit: Michael Langan

“New England Mania 2″ Pre-Show”

1. Brian Fury submits Drew Gulak to the Branding Iron to counter a sunset flip combo from Gulak.

2. Chuck O’Neill & Eric Spicely defeated Cam-An Connection (Cam Zagami & Anthony Greene) when Spicely submits Zagami with an armbar.

3. Dave Cole & Anthony Stone defeated Da Hoodz (Kris Pyro & Davey Cash) when Cole pinned Pyro with the Dave Cole Bomb (Pearl River Plunge.)

4. Jon Silver scored an upset victory over Tommaso Ciampa with the Spin Docto (torture rack spun-out into a sit-out powerbomb).

Main Show

1. Shynron retained the CLL Lucha Libre Championship over Chuck Taylor (replacing the injured Lio Rush), countering Taylor’s Awful Waffle with a Jackknife pin.

2. Massage NV (Dorian Graves & VSK) vs. Milk Chocolate (Randy Summers & Brandon Watts) w/ Special Guest Referee Johnny Cockstrong was interupted by the Crusade For Change, leading to…
2a. The Crusade For Change (Darius Carter, TJ Marconi, Anthony Gangone & M1nute Men (Tommy Trainwreck & Devin Blaze)) defeated Massage NV (Dorian Graves & VSK), Milk Chocolate (Randy Summers & Brandon Watts) & Johnny Cockstrong with a barrage of moves from the Crusade onto Cockstrong, ending with the Foreclosure (Code Breaker) from Carter.

3. Matt Riddle defeated Suge D in under 5 minutes springboard knee lift.
– Sugar Dunkerton came out to “Let’s Go Crazy” by Prince, dressed in purple, and was introduced as “The Purple Rain of Bringing the Pain, A man so fly he makes doves cry, Shinsuke Chocomura”

4. Team Pazuzu (Jaka & EYFBO (Mike Draztik & Angel Ortiz)) defeated The Colony (Fire Ant, Soldier Ant & Silver Ant) when Jaka pinned Fire Ant with the T’Challa Kick.
– This iteration of the Colony has not teamed together since April 29, 2012 in CHIKARA.

5. Jonathan Gresham & Jordynne Grace defeated Ryan Galeone & Veda Scott when Gresham hit Galeone with a shooting star press.

6. Kimber Lee pins Colt Cabana with the Alligator Clutch.

7. Da Hit Squad (Dan Maff & Monsta Mack) defeated Death By Elbow (JT Dunn & Chris Hero) when Mack pinned Dunn with a sit-out powerbomb.
– Hero had Maff pinned after a package piledriver/stomp, but neither man were legal. DBE beat up a referee. Joey Janela made his way out, then David Starr came out, making his return to Beyond since December! Janela and Starr brawled through the crowd and then to the outside of the building.

8. Donovan Dijak vs. Chris Dickinson went to a No Contest. Dickinson gave Dijak a buckle bomb for two. Dijak came back with Feast Your Eyes for two. Then, JT Dunn hit the ring and attacked both men, as well as referee Dan Yost. Chris Hero came out and was not happy with Dunn’s actions. Jonathan Gresham comes out, Dunn lays him out too. Jordynne Grace goes face to face with Dunn. Kimber Lee comes out, looking to probably hit Dunn, but he moves and Kimber Lee hits Grace instead. Kimber Lee and Dunn then go face to face, and Hero knocks down Kimber Lee! The show ends with Death By Elbow standing tall.

Beyond Wrestling Schedule:
– “GIGANTIC” at the Aurora in Providence, RI on May 29th ft. Jeff Cobb vs. Michael Elgin.
– Debut in NYC on June 17th for “Beyond vs. House of Glory Wrestling.”
– Return to Somerville, MA June 26th.
pwponderings
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I don't think Lio Rush was injured. He was posting on Twitter about his mom being in the hospital (which sounded pretty serious, based on what he said), so I think that's the reason why he missed the show.