Women of Wrestling returning with ViacomCBS syndication deal, Tessa Blanchard, AJ Lee

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
famicommander

Women of Wrestling returning with ViacomCBS syndication deal, Tessa Blanchard, AJ Lee

Post by famicommander »

Announced talent:
Tessa Blanchard
The Beast (reigning WOW champion)
AJ Lee (color commentary)
Jeanie Buss (majority owner; also owner of the LA Lakers)
David McLane (founder, minority owner; also owner and founder of the original GLOW)

They have a syndication deal which will distribute their show every weekend to 167 markets on stations owned by both ViacomCBS and the Sinclair Broadcast Group. Their footprint will cover over 70% of television homes in the United States.

They won't start airing new content until fall 2022, but they have signed a multi-year contract so this won't be a situation where we wait forever and then they just sort of fade away.

In the meantime the 77 episodes they aired between 2000 and 2019 will be put up for on demand streaming on CW Seed (50% owned by ViacomCBS) and will be given their own channel on Pluto TV (100% owned by ViacomCBS).

They will also return to live events soon.
NewROHFan2020

Re: Women of Wrestling returning with ViacomCBS syndication deal, Tessa Blanchard, AJ Lee

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Wow another year to tape shows and have all their talent plucked by then. Who makes these decisions??
Shanahan

Re: Women of Wrestling returning with ViacomCBS syndication deal, Tessa Blanchard, AJ Lee

Post by Shanahan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:42 pm Wow another year to tape shows and have all their talent plucked by then. Who makes these decisions??
It's like you don't even read what was written. Read it again.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Shanahan wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:54 pm
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:42 pm Wow another year to tape shows and have all their talent plucked by then. Who makes these decisions??
I did and I stand by what I wrote. Why would anyone sign here if they’re not going to do new shows for a whole year?
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:49 pm
I did and I stand by what I wrote. Why would anyone sign here if they’re not going to do new shows for a whole year?
They will be doing live events soon. The TV kicks in next year for 2022 fall season.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:49 pm
1. During the last WOW run they allowed their workers to appear for any television promotions besides WWE. I don't see why that would change now.

2. They're going to be running live events long before they start airing new television

3. The owner is a multi-billionaire with a multi-year contract in hand with two separate media giants.

So, essentially, the only downside to signing with WOW would be if another, bigger promotion wanted to sign them while they were signed to WOW. But otherwise, WOW doesn't limit them in any way. It's all additional. They could still do freelance work for AEW, ROH, Impact, MLW, NWA, GCW, UWN, etc.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

To recap, they’re going to be running live events based on no current TV to sell it on and the old stuff is on a streaming service I have never heard of and not sure if it is free or not.

The owner must like wasting money. Seems a sure fire way to never get out of the red. Best of luck!
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:40 pm To recap, they’re going to be running live events based on no current TV to sell it on and the old stuff is on a streaming service I have never heard of and not sure if it is free or not.

The owner must like wasting money. Seems a sure fire way to never get out of the red. Best of luck!
CW Seed is free and Pluto TV is free. Millions of people use them every day.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:20 pm
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:40 pm To recap, they’re going to be running live events based on no current TV to sell it on and the old stuff is on a streaming service I have never heard of and not sure if it is free or not.

Source that millions are watching each platform everyday.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:29 pm

CW Seed is just a subset of the CW Television Network's online platform. It's where they put shows that they aren't actively running on television to air on demand. If you go to CWTV.com, there's a tab for CW Seed:
https://www.cwtv.com/shows/

Seed is where you can find old shows like 90210, Everybody Hates Chris, Nikita, Krypton, etc. It's where most of the old DC Comics shows were before WB launched a DC-exclusive service which they later folded into HBO Max.

36 million people per month used Pluto TV as of January and they've shown consistent growth:
https://www.nexttv.com/news/pluto-tv-ev ... d-platform
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:43 pm

CW Seed is just a subset of the CW Television Network's online platform. It's where they put shows that they aren't actively running on television to air on demand. If you go to CWTV.com, there's a tab for CW Seed:

Seed is where you can find old shows like 90210, Everybody Hates Chris, Nikita, Krypton, etc. It's where most of the old DC Comics shows were before WB launched a DC-exclusive service which they later folded into HBO Max.

36 million people per month used Pluto TV as of January and they've shown consistent growth:
So no proof that Seed gets any views or that Pluto gets millions “everyday”, right?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:21 pm

So no proof that Seed gets any views or that Pluto gets millions “everyday”, right?
36 million people per month would have to be multiple millions per day, unless you think that 36 million different people watch exactly 1.2 days of Pluto per month each.
DougN

Post by DougN »

It feels to me that WoW is almost destined to fail, and I just feel bad for AJ Lee in that scenario.

I get that Tessa Blanchard is good and is a free agent, but why make her such a prominent fixture when she's so incredibly polarizing? I mean, WWE kept Velveteen Dream despite the allegations and tried to bring him back... and even THEY won't touch Tessa.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:28 pm

36 million people per month would have to be multiple millions per day, unless you think that 36 million different people watch exactly 1.2 days of Pluto per month each.
36,000,000 averages to over 1 million per day. You’re talking January stats only. Maybe 7 million watched on New Years Day. Maybe 3 million watch on Saturdays and Sunday. That’s less for the other days where they would not hit 1,000,000 “everyday” like you claimed.

What about CW Seed? No stats right? Just something you made up and pulled out of your ass?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:36 am

36,000,000 averages to over 1 million per day. You’re talking January stats only. Maybe 7 million watched on New Years Day. Maybe 3 million watch on Saturdays and Sunday. That’s less for the other days where they would not hit 1,000,000 “everyday” like you claimed.

What about CW Seed? No stats right? Just something you made up and pulled out of your ass?
It's 36 million viewers per month, not 36 million views per month.

So it would have to be over one million per day unless the overwhelming majority of people watching only watched one day per month. Math has always been hard for you though, I get it.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:00 am
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:36 am

It's 36 million viewers per month, not 36 million views per month.

So it would have to be over one million per day unless the overwhelming majority of people watching only watched one day per month. Math has always been hard for you though, I get it.
Again, not impressive as there are no stats on how long they watch. I like Pluto and use it here and there, but it’s not some great thing filled with great content.

CW Seed stats you made up and lied about though, yes?
DougN

Post by DougN »

Well that shut him up.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

According to Similarweb CWTV.com averages over 2 million hits per day from web browsers alone, ie not including Roku, Android, iOS apps etc.

Just because it's not always worth my time to reply to him doesn't mean I'm wrong.
DougN

Post by DougN »

You literally responded to pedantic stuff over and over again in other threads and left this one sitting for a full day, clearly stung by someone very shrewdly calling you out on your BS.

Oh, sorry. That's not what I'm supposed to say.

Good for you, little buddy!
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:14 am According to Similarweb CWTV.com averages over 2 million hits per day from web browsers alone, ie not including Roku, Android, iOS apps etc.

Just because it's not always worth my time to reply to him doesn't mean I'm wrong.
Is that the CWSeed app you’re talking about? Just because someone visits a website, doesn’t mean they’re watching shows there does it?