RIP BOBBY EATON (1958-2021)

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
supersonic

RIP BOBBY EATON (1958-2021)

Post by supersonic »

https://www.f4wonline.com/other-wrestli ... old-349096
'Beautiful' Bobby Eaton, one half of the best-known incarnation of The Midnight Express, has passed away at the age of 62.

Deborah Eaton, his sister, confirmed his passing on Facebook.

“I never wanted to have to post this, but my Little Brother Beautiful Bobby Eaton passed away last night,” she wrote. “When I find out all the details I will post them. Bobby was the kindest, loving person you would ever meet. I loved him so much and am going to miss him, please say a prayer for my [niece] Taryn. She found him. And she just lost her Mom a little over a Month ago.”

Bodyslam.net reported back on July 25 that Eaton was hospitalized after suffering a fall that left him with some broken fingers and a banged up hip.

Eaton started wrestling in 1976 for NWA Mid-America and later wrestled in the Memphis territory in the early 1980s. In 1983, he went to Mid South Wrestling, where he joined The Midnight Express with Lover Boy Dennis Condrey and Jim Cornette. Condrey and Eaton were best known in Mid South for their feud with the Rock ‘n’ Roll Express (Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson), which would later be reignited in Jim Crockett Promotions.

The Midnight Express joined Jim Crockett Promotions, later known as World Championship Wrestling, in 1985. After Condrey left JCP in 1987, he was replaced by Stan Lane. Lane and Eaton continued to wrestle as a team through 1990, when Lane and Cornette left WCW. Eaton remained with the company on and off through 2000, winning the WCW Television title once and also teamed with Steve (William) Regal, where they were known as The Blue Bloods.

After WCW folded, Eaton continued to wrestle on the independent scene through 2015.