UWN actually becoming a thing?

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
NewROHFan2020

Re: UWN actually becoming a thing?

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:01 am
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:56 am
famicommander wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:46 pm NWA is lucky if the number of subscribers they have has four digits at this point.
CWFH is lucky to get 4 digits viewers on YouTube, for free.
That's okay because they have, you know, over 130 outlets willing to put them on television. Compared to the ZERO wiling to put NWA on television.

Face it, the NWA has failed according to the guidelines Billy himself set forth when he bought it. He even said people told him his business plan wouldn't work, then he ignored them, then his business plan failed, then he ended up falling back on something that was worse than the imaginary scenario he created as a comparison to what he intended to do.

This is Billy's history in wrestling. He lies, under-delivers, gets praised by idiots, rinse and repeat.

He told those guys at Revolution Pro he'd gotten them a TV deal at AMC. Never happened, then he bailed on them.

He said he'd buy TNA and return it to a position of prominence. Not only did he fail to buy it, but it's obvious he never had the money to make it a major thing to begin with. If he had bought TNA the company would he bankrupt by now, he'd be bankrupt by now, or both.

He said he'd have the NWA touring and on television by now, but he doesn't. He said he'd rather have it widely available for free than on a paywall until he tried it and failed miserably. Now he's on a paywall.

He consistently fails on the things he himself says he wants to do and nobody holds him accountable. They just keep saying how great and innovative the studio format that Marquez has been using more successfully for much longer is.
The NWA was getting ready to tour before the pandemic happened. WWE and everyone else isn’t touring either.

Yeah, they’re on 130 stations, with worse time slots than ROH probably and despite that, you can’t name their champions and they can’t get YouTube viewers. According to you, all their fans sit in front of their TVs and are watching it live via antenna at 1am. Just like all MLW fans are watching on BeIn Sports and other shitty streaming services. Of course you cannot prove ratings for anyone, but the NWA is dead last in everything. Despite tens of thousands more fans on social media platforms.

Antenna TV is the future!
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:26 am
famicommander wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:01 am
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:56 am

CWFH is lucky to get 4 digits viewers on YouTube, for free.
That's okay because they have, you know, over 130 outlets willing to put them on television. Compared to the ZERO wiling to put NWA on television.

Face it, the NWA has failed according to the guidelines Billy himself set forth when he bought it. He even said people told him his business plan wouldn't work, then he ignored them, then his business plan failed, then he ended up falling back on something that was worse than the imaginary scenario he created as a comparison to what he intended to do.

This is Billy's history in wrestling. He lies, under-delivers, gets praised by idiots, rinse and repeat.

He told those guys at Revolution Pro he'd gotten them a TV deal at AMC. Never happened, then he bailed on them.

He said he'd buy TNA and return it to a position of prominence. Not only did he fail to buy it, but it's obvious he never had the money to make it a major thing to begin with. If he had bought TNA the company would he bankrupt by now, he'd be bankrupt by now, or both.

He said he'd have the NWA touring and on television by now, but he doesn't. He said he'd rather have it widely available for free than on a paywall until he tried it and failed miserably. Now he's on a paywall.

He consistently fails on the things he himself says he wants to do and nobody holds him accountable. They just keep saying how great and innovative the studio format that Marquez has been using more successfully for much longer is.
The NWA was getting ready to tour before the pandemic happened. WWE and everyone else isn’t touring either.

Yeah, they’re on 130 stations, with worse time slots than ROH probably and despite that, you can’t name their champions and they can’t get YouTube viewers. According to you, all their fans sit in front of their TVs and are watching it live via antenna at 1am. Just like all MLW fans are watching on BeIn Sports and other shitty streaming services. Of course you cannot prove ratings for anyone, but the NWA is dead last in everything. Despite tens of thousands more fans on social media platforms.

Antenna TV is the future!
Social media means dick. Ask Beyond or WCPW.

NWA is now exclusively on a subscription service for a fee on a platform with 80,000 Twitter followers.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

80,000 is 4 times the followers that pro wrestling conglomerate CWFH has.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:54 pm 80,000 is 4 times the followers that pro wrestling conglomerate CWFH has.
Which, again, proves that social media numbers mean dick.

Unless you really want to argue that Beyond Wrestling is bigger than AEW and ROH combined.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:57 pm
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:54 pm 80,000 is 4 times the followers that pro wrestling conglomerate CWFH has.

Unless you really want to argue that Beyond Wrestling is bigger than AEW and ROH combined.
It doesn’t. Whatever numbers Beyond Wrestling has, means that most of those followers have an interest or did one time. CWFH has 16k, which means that many have or had an interest in it. It’s not very popular by any metric. Beyond could have had a highly successful follow train or social media buzz for a month and got their followers that way. There is no buzz for CWFH and never has been.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:13 pm
famicommander wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:57 pm

It doesn’t. Whatever numbers Beyond Wrestling has, means that most of those followers have an interest or did one time. CWFH has 16k, which means that many have or had an interest in it. It’s not very popular by any metric. Beyond could have had a highly successful follow train or social media buzz for a month and got their followers that way. There is no buzz for CWFH and never has been.
They didn't need buzz to produce 500 episodes of television and expand their footprint far, far beyond their initial hopes.

NWA has plenty of buzz and they're one step away from dead. They're literally worse off than the fantasy scenario Corgan crafted as a hypothetical to compare to his imaginary successful scenario which he utterly failed to realize.

Impact has more buzz than ROH but less than half the viewers.

AEW has tons more buzz than NXT but their viewership is only 10-15% higher most weeks.

MLW is going to announce another TV deal soon and I'm going to say I told you so.

Whatever Marquez has in store for UWN will be small potatoes I'm sure but it's still going to be better than being paywalled on Fite TV, and I'm going to say I told you so.

And then you're going to make up another arbitrary standard that makes it seem like NWA is successful when they've already failed based on the criteria the owner set forth when he bought it.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Again, unless people are watching, it doesn’t matter what channel or how many antenna stations it’s on.

Prove that the NWA is “one step away from being dead”. Again, you just talk shit with no proof.

Impact has less than half of what some ROH employee said on a ROH podcast. ROH TV is still filled with junk TV commercials. Not one national brand advertises with them.

AEW has some buzz and is going head to head with the most successful wrestling company in the history of wrestling. Not to mention, they’re barely 2 years old.

MLW could be on ESPN at 3am Wednesday morning and pay to be there and you would claim it’s better than everyone else. Again, if you program is one 5 different outlets, it’s not worth anything. It’s like Raw being on USA, Discovery +, Disney +, Fubo, and STIRR. USA isn’t going to pay top dollar for non-exclusive rights to Raw. Just like someone isn’t paying MLW money to air something already available for free on YouTube.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

It wouldn't stay on a channel if it weren't selling enough ads for both the promotion and the channel.

New channels wouldn't take it if they didn't know other channels weren't already successful with it.

This is the most basic reasoning possible. If you can't grasp this, I fear for the idea that you may be out driving a car somewhere. Marquez is not an infinite fountain of money. If the show weren't successful it would already be gone like so many countless other short term wrestling shows.

Again you keep imagining that because I'm saying these promotions are much more successful than NWA it means that they are rolling in cash. Not the case at all.

NWA is exclusive to a streaming service that nobody uses. In order to watch NWA content people must first find Fite TV, then click past several free wrestling shows, then click past subscriptions for major wrestling promotions, then agree to pay 5 bucks a month to watch 3 episodes and not get the PPVs.

If just 100 people are watching on each of the 130 outlets showing CWFH, that's 13,000. There is absolutely zero chance 13,000 people are subscribing to Powerrr on Fite.

There are different orders of magnitude at play here and continuing to point to Twitter followers or Youtube views is utter nonsense in the face of basic logic. One show is shrinking, one show is expanding steadily over a period of over a decade.

How many times does Billy Corgan get to utterly fail before people will call him a failure?
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

What determines success? I have never once said the NWA is more “successful” than x, y, or z. I have only said they’re more popular by every metric. Except being on random tv channels and crappy streaming services.

If CWFH is getting 13,000 viewers, they’re making zero money. Whatever subscribers Powerrr has, money is coming in.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:15 pm What determines success? I have never once said the NWA is more “successful” than x, y, or z. I have only said they’re more popular by every metric. Except being on random tv channels and crappy streaming services.

If CWFH is getting 13,000 viewers, they’re making zero money. Whatever subscribers Powerrr has, money is coming in.
They're getting whatever ads they can sell and it's working well enough to spawn several satellite promotions and proliferate from one channel to 130.

Whatever revenue NWA has coming in, they're not profitable and never have been.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:30 pm
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:15 pm What determines success? I have never once said the NWA is more “successful” than x, y, or z. I have only said they’re more popular by every metric. Except being on random tv channels and crappy streaming services.

They're getting whatever ads they can sell and it's working well enough to spawn several satellite promotions and proliferate from one channel to 130.

No proof the NWA is profitable or not. No proof CWFH is profitable or not. NWA is more popular than CWFH is now or ever will be.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:56 pm
famicommander wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:30 pm

No proof the NWA is profitable or not. No proof CWFH is profitable or not. NWA is more popular than CWFH is now or ever will be.
We know the NWA was "hoping to be profitable within 6 months" prior to the pandemic, meaning they were never profitable up to that point. And they've clearly moved backwards since the pandemic. Considering they're reducing the frequency of their shows it doesn't sound like they expect the Fite stuff to be lucrative either.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Funny you posted this...i've been catching up on CWFH over weekend. Its an easy watch with easy to follow storylines. Haven't watched Memphis yet. I'm one of those people who bought every UWN Primetime episode and subbing to NWA Power..lol
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Shanahan wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:14 pm Funny you posted this...i've been catching up on CWFH over weekend. Its an easy watch with easy to follow storylines. Haven't watched Memphis yet. I'm one of those people who bought every UWN Primetime episode and subbing to NWA Power..lol
Memphis is very, very barebones right now. It didn't hold my attention for more than a few minutes. Not sure when Arizona will be back to new content but Memphis is as basic as indie TV wrestling gets. Hopefully by the next taping they get some production value because right now it looks like the whole thing cost about 8 bucks. They're still airing shows from their initial taping.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Looks like Memphis is getting their official home next month, brand new facility to tape out of:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/live-memph ... 9647693279

CWFH just signed another local TV deal in Fresno.

Arizona is "hoping to return to live events soon" whatever that means. In the meantime they will continue airing a locally-rebranded CWFH and the AZ title will continue being defended there.

The Georgia promotion will be called Championship Wrestling From Atlanta and it will air on Peachtree TV, which aired WCW Saturday Night from 1992-2000. It is supposed to launch this summer.

No word on the fifth regional market or the return of Primetime Live yet.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Nick Aldis has blocked Dave Marquez on Twitter.

Is NWA perhaps defensive about a UWN promotion operating in their home base of Atlanta?

Marquez responded to the block by saying
"I’m glad I know where we stand. It’s going to make what I’m about to do next easier"
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Watch out AEW, here comes CWFH and Dave Marquez with their 3k YouTube viewers!!!
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:31 pm Watch out AEW, here comes CWFH and Dave Marquez with their 3k YouTube viewers!!!
Nobody is saying they are anywhere close to that level, nor are they likely to ever get there.

But they clearly have the NWA shook. Billy ghosted him and Aldis blocked him as soon as Marquez started talking about Atlanta.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:46 pm
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:31 pm Watch out AEW, here comes CWFH and Dave Marquez with their 3k YouTube viewers!!!
Nobody is saying they are anywhere close to that level, nor are they likely to ever get there.

But they clearly have the NWA shook. Billy ghosted him and Aldis blocked him as soon as Marquez started talking about Atlanta.
Whatever the case maybe, it’s not like the NWA has rights to Atlanta. If they want to see studio wrestling, the can check out the NWA. If they want to see a shittier version, the can check out CWFA.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I will say I'm intrigued by what Marquez is doing. While it's a low budget show he does have a long history of finding quality talent early on in their career. Is he going to just run a bun of championship wrestling from shows in several markets or is this leading to something bigger?