Mount Rushmore of Pro Wrestling

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
NewROHFan2020

Mount Rushmore of Pro Wrestling

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

So who is on your Mt Rushmore of Pro Wrestling?

I am going with Hogan, Flair, Austin, and the Rock. I am mostly going on money and fame for this. I think if you walk up to a normal person and ask them about those 4 names, they would say they’re pro wrestlers.
Montana

Re: Mount Rushmore of Pro Wrestling

Post by Montana »

Hard to just pick four... but i think the name you named are probably the most recognizable wrestlers/standard answer.

I think you can make a decent case for Bruno Sammartino and John Cena pending the criteria. Not sure who i'd pull out. Maybe Rock, but depends if you are looking at National appeal, or wrestling accomplishments. They dominated their decades. Andre the Giant, Macho Man, and the Undertaker are probably the next tier.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Mick Foley, Sting, 2 Cold Scorpio, and Jay Briscoe.

My three childhood favorites and my current favorite.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Montana wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:56 am Hard to just pick four... but i think the name you named are probably the most recognizable wrestlers/standard answer.

I think you can make a decent case for Bruno Sammartino and John Cena pending the criteria. Not sure who i'd pull out. Maybe Rock, but depends if you are looking at National appeal, or wrestling accomplishments. They dominated their decades. Andre the Giant, Macho Man, and the Undertaker are probably the next tier.
I guess it depends on your age and how much old wrestling you have watched. I just don’t think Bruno is a recognizable person for a Mt Rushmore. Cena should be considered, but I just don’t see who you would kick out to be on there. Same with Taker, but he was never a mainstream guy because he stuck to his character.

I think Macho and Andre get hurt because they’re dead and never got to participate in all the legends stuff. They bought died when the internet was in its infancy, especially Andre.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:46 am Mick Foley, Sting, 2 Cold Scorpio, and Jay Briscoe.

Those are your favorite though. While I did specify “your Mt Rushmore”, I didn’t mean your favorite. As the Brooklyn Brawler could be your favorite, but he doesn’t belong on a Mt Rushmore. Mick Foley and Sting are candidates, but 2 Cold and Jay Briscoe are nowhere close to being on a pro wrestling Mt Rushmore.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:59 am
famicommander wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:46 am Mick Foley, Sting, 2 Cold Scorpio, and Jay Briscoe.

Those are your favorite though. While I did specify “your Mt Rushmore”, I didn’t mean your favorite. As the Brooklyn Brawler could be your favorite, but he doesn’t belong on a Mt Rushmore. Mick Foley and Sting are candidates, but 2 Cold and Jay Briscoe are nowhere close to being on a pro wrestling Mt Rushmore.
Then what's the point of this topic? If you're going by objective criteria you already answered the question in your first post.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:07 am
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:59 am

Then what's the point of this topic? If you're going by objective criteria you already answered the question in your first post.
Again, not who is your favorite as that is entirely separate. The other guy had some good names, but nobody is putting Briscoe on the Mt Rushmore. Maybe a ROH only one, but not the one for pro wrestling. I like Stone Cold, Rock, and Hogan, they’re not my favorites though.
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

Lou Thesz, Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, and Steve Austin.

Next four: Gorgeous George, Andre the Giant, The Undertaker, The Rock