The NXT Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
parjustin

Re: The NXT Thread

Post by parjustin »

supersonic wrote:On tonight's Voices of Wrestling flagship podcast, this is everything hinted, but not confirmed:

If Ibushi works in Dallas, it's "Evolve or bust" as other promotions have confirmed to not be booking him that weekend.

"Strong hints" he's in NXT by June.
Kaiju Big Battel it is. Sold!
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Just got home from the NXT Miami house show. Had an absolute blast.

Notes
- Tye Dillinger did this thing after a couple matches he came out on a podium (really just a ladder with some fabric over it) and rating the match, which each time was super entertaining.
- Gable/Jordan vs. The Revival was so much fun. People need to watch Chad and Jordan wrestle live.
- Later in the night they had a guy name La Sombra (may be wrong) against Tye which was so much more than what I expected to be nothing more than just a squash match. Sombra got a surprising win over Tye. Would love to see him on TV a soon as possible, he could probably fit well in a tag team with someone.
tlova86

Post by tlova86 »

NXT Takeover: Dallas

Austin Aries vs. Baron Corbin
- A good way to showcase Austin Aries in his debut match for WWE/NXT. Corbin will gain a lot here being in the ring with such a general like Aries. Predicting Aries to gain the win but won't be surprised if Corbin pulls this one out.

The Revival vs. American Alpha NXT Tag Team Championship
-This is what tag team wrestling should be. Two great teams going out there and busting ass. The Revival is a throwback to the teams of the 1980's and American Alpha are remind me a little of The Steiner Bros. I'm going with Jordan/Gable to capture the gold.

Apollo Crews vs. Elias Samson
- I can care less who wins due to me not caring about the match.

Sami Zayn vs. Shinsuke Nakamura DREAM MATCH
- Like everyone who is a fan of professional wrestling to me this is the match of Wrestlemania weekend. This is going to be amazing to watch. Wish I was going to be there live just for this match. Toss Up as to the winner and thats a great thing to just sit back and witness greatest.

Bayley vs. Asuka NXT Woman Championship
- The standout of NXT has been the womans division and these 2 ladies will continue to show why the division continues to be talked about highly. Guessing this will be Bayley last match b4 getting called up to the main roster so anything but Asuka winning the title will be a shocker.

Finn Bálor vs. Samoa Joe NXT Championship
-Going to be a great match. Joe wins the title and Balor debuts on RAW the night after Mania with Anderson/Gallows.
-
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

http://www.f4wonline.com/daily-updates/ ... end-209521
Even more stuff happening over WrestleMania weekend. NXT will be taping four weeks of television between 1-5 p.m. at Fan Axxess on 4/2.
jjankows

Post by jjankows »

What I liked about the 3/23 edition of NXT:
- Finn Balor vs Rich Swann was the perfect Champion needs to look strong going into title fight but still make the new guy look good.
-Swann got a lot of fun offense in
- We saw different offense from Finn, he was focused (no foolin around)
- Foot stomp wasn't enough for him he wanted to hit the bloody sunday variation as a finisher to win.
- Emma and Dana Brooke promo. For heel women wrestlers the women who act like they are the most beautiful women in the world gimmick works every time.
-Evil Emma is a million times better than good guy emma
-Perfect Samoa Joe promo, Joe can't cut HHH esque 20 minute promos. So instead he beats up a bunch of guys and yells at the camera Finn I'm coming for you.
- Awesome American Alpha Video Promo You actually believed them when they said why it's so important to them they need to win a championship.
-Asuka Emma was good, not as good as their London match. Emma got a lot offense in to save her cred, but Asuka looked strong by winning and kicking out at 1 several times.
This is how you book a tv show going into a PPV
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Next week Austin Aries has his first TV match.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

isles11

Post by isles11 »

Well Sami Zayn and Shinsuke Nakamura just had the Match of the Year.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

isles11 wrote:Well Sami Zayn and Shinsuke Nakamura just had the Match of the Year.
If Meltzer doesn't give that 5 stars he's wrong.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

Fuck Meltzer. He will give it 5 stars since he nuts over anything japan. The match was incredible and easily the best WWE/NXT produced match in over a year. Social Media has blown up and it is great for both guys to be noticed for the near perfect match they put on. Kinda sad Nakamura won't get his mania moment this year but I can't wait to see what they do with him next.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Zayn vs Nakamura was so freakin great. Sami Zayn proves over and over that in high profile big match situations he delivers in spades.
The tag and women's title matches were also both very entertainingly good.
The main started off so hot and had the potential to be something special. I'd still say it was a good match which is impressive given the doctors repeatedly killing momentum.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

The blood thing wasn't PG related, it was a health precaution.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

TakeOver: Dallas was FANTASTIC!!! Nakamura/Zayn gets ***** from me. Absolutely amazing show.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

JTCole wrote:
isles11 wrote:Well Sami Zayn and Shinsuke Nakamura just had the Match of the Year.
If Meltzer doesn't give that 5 stars he's wrong.
I'm behind on my NXT viewing, but if this match sounds half as good as everyone is saying I'm going to totally mark out. No surprise about Nakamura. The guy is at the top of his game. His match with Ibushi last year was my personal MOTY. The dude fucking delivers. Triple H is proving to be an even better executive than a wrestler.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Per Dave Meltzer, Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa have signed NXT Contracts. He noted that these aren't "developmental" contracts. They can both still work Evolve and other indies, but NXT takes priority when it comes to dates.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Nakamura vs Joe is going to be insane
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Nakamura vs. Zayn was fucking awesome! Great send off match for Zayn and helluva debut for Nakamura.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Think there's any chance the plan was never for Nakamura to be in NXT and he shows up on Raw tomorrow?
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Per Dave Meltzer, Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa have signed NXT Contracts. He noted that these aren't "developmental" contracts. They can both still work Evolve and other indies, but NXT takes priority when it comes to dates.
fucking excellent! two guys who completely deserve it!