The NXT Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Northwoods_Nightmare

Re: The NXT Thread

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Ugh, I hope the new Ohno gear is short lived.

He's a good wrestler, and I like watching his matches, but I never really got into Chris Hero a ton because he always kind of looked like crap. Until the last few years when he changed gear and looked great.
I'm not saying that you have to have a great physique. I could care less about that, but there's just something about his gear.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Ohno's already gotten rid of the X-Pac/Bret Hart gear.
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

bik100 wrote:Ohno's already gotten rid of the X-Pac/Bret Hart gear.
They seem to be giving him an edgy, poor man's pipe bomb/stone cold (not perfect comparisons, but thats the ballpark) sort of gimmick? Sounds good to me. Would love to see him come up as a Heyman guy and step right into some Punk matches.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Just watched Zayn/Bo, incredible match imo. The crowd helped it a ton. Loved the nearfalls, wasn't the biggest fan of the finish because it was kinda controversial but it's still doesn't take anything from the match.
MOOSE!
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

DieHard wrote:Just watched Zayn/Bo, incredible match imo. The crowd helped it a ton. Loved the nearfalls, wasn't the biggest fan of the finish because it was kinda controversial but it's still doesn't take anything from the match.
They definitely had the crowd eating out of the palms of their hands.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

When and how do you guys think Bo Dallas will debut on WWE TV. Even though i'm not a fan of is work it's inevitable he'll appear since he's holding the NXT title. Hoping he'll be a generic babyface for a bit then he'll turn into his heel deal now, which is actually really well done. Don't know how it'll translate to TV though, considering how much better the NXT crowd is compared to the normal Raw or Smackdown crowd.

Any thoughts?
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

AndyDiaz wrote:When and how do you guys think Bo Dallas will debut on WWE TV. Even though i'm not a fan of is work it's inevitable he'll appear since he's holding the NXT title. Hoping he'll be a generic babyface for a bit then he'll turn into his heel deal now, which is actually really well done. Don't know how it'll translate to TV though, considering how much better the NXT crowd is compared to the normal Raw or Smackdown crowd.

Any thoughts?
He'll have a hard time getting this heel persona over on WWE TV I think. Part of it has been the NXT fans turning on his babyface persona. WWE isn't going to force feed him as a top babyface guy so the cache won't be there to boo his over the top heel-who-think-hes-a-babyface persona. Although, it worked pretty well for The Bravado Brothers when they were given a chance to act as such in ROH. Getting over in WWE with that character (as compared to NXT) is going to be more about Bo, than about The WWE Machine though and I don't know if the fans will buy in. This heel character has definitely been entertaining though, so all the best to Bo!
DR_Driver

Post by DR_Driver »

When is Crowe supposed to debut?
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Who knows, NXT doesn't really have a median time for debuts.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I don't always watch NXT, and when I do I usually just skip through to matches that interest me. However, I just saw a Bo Dallas interview... Does he have a Michael Jackson gimmick or what? That was weird.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

DR_Driver wrote:When is Crowe supposed to debut?
There was a report earlier that stated Crowe might debut as a tag team to further stock up the division as per HHH's directive.
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

Not sure about how I feel about the outcome, but Neville vs. Zayn is definitely worth checking out. Loved all of the shouts from the crowd for the Brainbustaaah!
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Regarding if Bo could now work in WWE I think he could if he brings the exact or near exact same character with him. Just come out all smiling and use every "Bo" pun they can think of and the crowd should hate him in no time. Maybe several fluke wins to start as well. Or even better have him as part of a tag team to start. It's almost insane to think WWE might eventually have too many of them soon.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

donkitrk99 wrote:Not sure about how I feel about the outcome, but Neville vs. Zayn is definitely worth checking out. Loved all of the shouts from the crowd for the Brainbustaaah!
Agreed, awesome match as per usual by the two.

And for the outcome, I think it actually work out well in the end for the inevitable]Zayn beating Bo for the title.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Zayn needs to be brought up to the main roster ASAP so I don't mind if he never wins the NXT title.
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

JTCole wrote:Zayn needs to be brought up to the main roster ASAP so I don't mind if he never wins the NXT title.
This is the best case scenario but I think he will get the belt first. This crossed my mind when Neville won, though, that it might be a sign that a call up is near.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Another solid week of T.V. I have an inkling that we're going to get Bo vs. Sami vs. Adrian which would be killer!
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

This show didn't have a match at the level of Zayn/Cesaro or Zayn/Neville but it was the best top to bottom NXT show I have seen. The opener was the best WWE prouced Divas match I have seen in a very long time. And Kidd vs. Kruger sure beats the Hell out of a midcard match like Mojo Rawley vs. Scott Dawson or Alexander Rusev vs. Sylvester LeFort. And the Main Event was very good. Obviously not a big main event, but as a transitional title defense it did its job very well. And Cesaro's apology in 5 languages was awesome too. He deserves better things on Monday nights.
AmericanDolphin_3

Post by AmericanDolphin_3 »

I've been pretty unsatisfied with NXT as of late, but I caught last weeks show earlier today. Neville/Zayn was incredible. That's what I want when I tune in on Monday nights, not a contract signing. I'll be sure to catch this week's episode this weekend.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Yeah, Zayn vs. Neville was incredible. ***3/4