The NXT Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Dingus

Re: The NXT Thread

Post by Dingus »

AndyDiaz wrote:
Wavelet Transform wrote:Wonder why he's changing? Is it a heel thing, like he's intentionally trying to look bad?
Well a couple of months ago there were reports saying that he didn't want to work out or something along thoses lines so maybe new sticking it to the office or maybe he wants and likes his new gear. I personally don't like it. When he was on the Indy's he looked better with this year cause of his body.
Maybe they wanted him to wear this gear, and the reason they kept him off the main roster was because he didn't want to work out and therefore the look didn't end up how they wanted?
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Just watched Cesaro vs. Zayn. What a freakin finish! Hoss'd him up for the black diamond. Absolutely amazing! ***3/4
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

JSP

Post by JSP »

Mike0284 wrote:Image
I do wonder if they'd keep him in his indie gimmick, with an obviously different name of course. It seems like it'd go a long way in present-day WWE.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

JSP wrote:
Mike0284 wrote:Image
I do wonder if they'd keep him in his indie gimmick, with an obviously different name of course. It seems like it'd go a long way in present-day WWE.
It seems 50/50. When Generico had his first NXT appearance he had his gimmick, but then later he became Sami Zayn. But maybe they'll let Sami stay similar to what he used to be, who knows.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

Solomon Crowe
‏@WWECrowe
From the ashes of Sami Callihan, Solomon Crowe was born.... Soon the Songs of Solomon shall be sung.....
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Wonder what Kalisto will look like.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

bik100 wrote:Wonder what Kalisto will look like.
I think Samuray del Sol's new name works. Judging by the name, I'm guessing he'll be keeping the mask. Kalisto just sounds like a luchador name plus I think they're going to groom him to take Sin Cara's place (That whole thing just hasn't gone well for him which is unfortunate).
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Wow! Swagger vs Zayn was this week was actually better and much more fun than Cesaro/Zayn. Fantastic match. Crowd loved everything and was super hot for Zayn. Swagger is ridiculously underrated.
MOOSE!
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I also really enjoyed Zayn-Swagger, and agree that he's underrated. Wouldn't quite say it was better than Zayn-Cesaro, but it was close. ***1/2 for me. Zayn is on such a hot streak right now. Easily most over NXT talent.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Just finished watching Zayn vs. Swagger....WOW. Such a good match, great storytelling. Can't wait for Zayn to take the title from Bo.

I definitely need to keep up with NXT more.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Probably in the minority, but I enjoyed Zayn/Swagger a lot more than the 2/3 falls match.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

I would be interested in a Cory Graves/Zayn match. I think the two could put on a good show together.
EcwHardCore07

Post by EcwHardCore07 »

Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Graves really hasn't impressed me on NXT. He's good on the mic, but boring in the ring.

Zayn is just so impressive. He managed to have a good match with Curt Hawkins of all people. I gave it ***. When was the last time you saw Hawkins have a good match?
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

'H
Robareid wrote:Graves really hasn't impressed me on NXT. He's good on the mic, but boring in the ring.

Zayn is just so impressive. He managed to have a good match with Curt Hawkins of all people. I gave it ***. When was the last time you saw Hawkins have a good match?
When was the last time Hawkins had a chance to have a good match?

He had a pretty solid series with Trent in Superstars.
MOOSE!
JSP

Post by JSP »

I thought Zayn/Hawkins sucked. Can't win 'em all, but Curt Hawkins didn't show me anything that deserves a real opportunity.
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

Anyone know the story behind the setting of Ohno's promo? His look and his delivery and his content were all strong there, hopefully its the start of a better run for Kassias.
K.O.

Post by K.O. »

donkitrk99 wrote:Anyone know the story behind the setting of Ohno's promo? His look and his delivery and his content were all strong there, hopefully its the start of a better run for Kassias.
It was kind of like "promo school" or practice time for the NXT roster.

As I understand it, all were gathered at Full Sail and each guy in rotation got a little time to get on camera to deliver a promo in front of the rest of talent and crew. It was just a way to get some extra time on the mic that could be recorded and evaluated by the training staff, plus serve as some extra experience and character work for the young guys.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

A lot of those NXT practice promos are really good. You should check them out.