The NXT Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
donkitrk99

The NXT Thread

Post by donkitrk99 »

The NXT product is so different than the WWE product I think it deserves its own thread. I just finished the Sami Zayn/Leo Kruger match from yesterday's show - I tuned in to see the main event but its going to have to be a hell of a tv match to top Zayn/Kruger. The South African hasn't impressed me much the 2 or 3 previous times I watched him but this match was great. Hopefully WWE is taking notice of this Zayn kid... Ole!
AndyDiaz

Re: The NXT Thread

Post by AndyDiaz »

donkitrk99 wrote:The NXT product is so different than the WWE product I think it deserves its own thread.!
Agreed! The product is really solid. Question, does anyone know who books NXT?
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

I've been watching NXT since it's FCW days in 2009 and it's always been a solid hour of wrestling. That being said, the product now is better than it's ever been and it will only get better with the new arrivals of Del Sol & Callihan.
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

BTW10 wrote:I've been watching NXT since it's FCW days in 2009 and it's always been a solid hour of wrestling. That being said, the product now is better than it's ever been and it will only get better with the new arrivals of Del Sol & Callihan.
Zayn vs. Kruger and Wyatts vs. Neville/Graves/Regal were definitely enough to convince me to tune in again. Skipped the other two matches that didn't interest me - ain't that a luxury
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

NXT for me at least, took a bit of a dip after Rollins lost the belt, but it seems to be slowly crawling its way back up there since then.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

It may be a different product from WWE, but it all leads to the same monotony.
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

Zayn looked awesome again this week in the three way - would have been a great match if it was a little longer and didn't have a shitty finish. Still, a very good TV match. This is my new favorite show - just have to skip the Mason Ryan handicap and Ric Flair's daughter type matches. Back to back weeks with great openers (Zayn/Kruger and Zayn/Kruger/Cesaro) and great main events (Wyatt Family vs. Neville/Graves/Regal and Neville/Graves vs. Harper/Rowan).
Zayn and Neville look like they would be tremendous additions to the modern WWE roster with Bryan and Punk and Ziggler and Cesaro and so on and so on - hopefully this influx of talent forces their hand to showcase guys with such a top notch workrate.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

donkitrk99 wrote:Zayn looked awesome again this week in the three way - would have been a great match if it was a little longer and didn't have a shitty finish. Still, a very good TV match. This is my new favorite show - just have to skip the Mason Ryan handicap and Ric Flair's daughter type matches. Back to back weeks with great openers (Zayn/Kruger and Zayn/Kruger/Cesaro) and great main events (Wyatt Family vs. Neville/Graves/Regal and Neville/Graves vs. Harper/Rowan).
Zayn and Neville look like they would be tremendous additions to the modern WWE roster with Bryan and Punk and Ziggler and Cesaro and so on and so on - hopefully this influx of talent forces their hand to showcase guys with such a top notch workrate.
Just watched it, really fun match, loved the T-Bone/German Suplex spot. First time I saw Kruger and he looked like a good big man.

I started watching NXT this week btw, can someone write down NXT's best match in 2013 for me? so far I have seen Wyatt/Jericho, Cesaro/Zyan, 3-Way, Ohno/Regal, Emma/Paige, Bo/Big E and the Tag Team Finals.
MOOSE!
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Sadly that's about all the good matches this year. In terms of in ring product, this year has been a bit lacking.

There was a much better ring product in 2012 in my eyes. Check out Seth Rollins vs. Jinder Mahal (both of them), Rollins vs. McGillicuty, Rollins vs. McIntyre (both of them), Kidd vs. McGillicuty and Ohno vs. Steamboat.

There's probably a few more that I'm overlooking, but those ones were all really good.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Robareid wrote:Sadly that's about all the good matches this year. In terms of in ring product, this year has been a bit lacking.

There was a much better ring product in 2012 in my eyes. Check out Seth Rollins vs. Jinder Mahal (both of them), Rollins vs. McGillicuty, Rollins vs. McIntyre (both of them), Kidd vs. McGillicuty and Ohno vs. Steamboat.

There's probably a few more that I'm overlooking, but those ones were all really good.
Jinder Mahal? [cornette]
MOOSE!
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I know right, but his match against Rollins in the finals of the NXT Championship tournament was really, really good. It was before he joined 3MB. I gave it ***3/4.

He eventually had a rematch for the title, after beating Gabriel, Dallas and McIntyre, which was another good match worth checking out (***), and his rematch was good too. I think I gave that one ***1/4
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

Can't wait to watch the Cesaro/Zayn 2/3 falls match.
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

last two weeks were a little behind the previous two with more filler type matches... zayn/dallas vs. cesaro/kruger was pretty enjoyable though
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

Hero's new gear. I know he has had the YO! MTV Raps logo for a while, but this is kind of weird to see this type of gear again. Looks like a hot crowd!

DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Cesaro/Zayn - ***3/4+
Spoiler: show
Great match. Wasn't MOTY, but still really, really great nontheless. What a crazy finish :lol: even when Cesaro botches he makes it look even better than it should've been in the first time. Incredible. My only problem with the match was that the first 10 minutes were uninteresting and crowd wasn't into it.
MOOSE!
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

DieHard wrote:Cesaro/Zayn - ***3/4+
Spoiler: show
Great match. Wasn't MOTY, but still really, really great nontheless. What a crazy finish :lol: even when Cesaro botches he makes it look even better than it should've been in the first time. Incredible. My only problem with the match was that the first 10 minutes were uninteresting and crowd wasn't into it.
Really looking forward to this one, finishing MMV first though
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Shook1 wrote:Hero's new gear. I know he has had the YO! MTV Raps logo for a while, but this is kind of weird to see this type of gear again. Looks like a hot crowd!

I liked this gear when he was more chubby but after all the hard work to get his body in shape, to go back to this doesn't really make much sense.
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

Ugh. Hero's new gear is atrocious. He doesn't have the shoulders/upper body for that type of gear. He and Claudio had really cool looking gear towards the end of their ROH tenures and the arm sleeves nicely hid Hero's kind of small arms. Wonder why he's changing? Is it a heel thing, like he's intentionally trying to look bad?
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

That. Was. Awesome. First two falls of Zayn/Cesaro keep the match down around **** territory but that third fall was seriously wrestled at a *****, MOTY sort of pace. If WWE doesn't have that match on PPV, or at least a match on RAW with a couple of commercial breaks, in the near future they seriously need to think about changing things.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Wavelet Transform wrote:Wonder why he's changing? Is it a heel thing, like he's intentionally trying to look bad?
Well a couple of months ago there were reports saying that he didn't want to work out or something along thoses lines so maybe new sticking it to the office or maybe he wants and likes his new gear. I personally don't like it. When he was on the Indy's he looked better with this year cause of his body.