The NXT Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: The NXT Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Brada

Post by Brada »

Would have been cool with him keeping the Hero name under the idea that he left the first time because he was forced to be someone he isn't type deal....
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Shane Thorne of TM 61 will be undergoing knee surgery I believe on 1/12, which will put him out of action for several months. The injury took place at the 1/5 tapings. The plan was for a significant TM 61 vs. Revival program, so the Revival are going to need a new team to work with
They are looking for new gimmicks for TM 61 (although with Thorne injured there is no rush for this), Blake, Murphy, Steve Cutler, Aliyah, Moss, Sabbatelli and Matha, which is a good sign in the sense they see something in them, just not as they are right now
While this can all change, the Terry Taylor class at the Performance Center, which is the one to groom people who will be are being considered right now for somewhat imminent main roster spots are Nakamura, Almas, Alexander Wolfe, TM 61, Itami, Ciampa, Gargano, Hero, Samson and Dillinger. The next group down, meaning right now not imminent but they are the ones who would move up when those in the top group go to the main roster would be Tino Sabbatelli, Riddick Moss, Damo, Authors of Pain, Tommy End, Roderick Strong, Dan Matha (who is 6-7 and a bodybuilder but has hardly worked in developmental), Oney Lorcan, Wesley Blake, Buddy Murphy, Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder. Bobby Roode doesn’t train at the Performance Center as his deal is different, nor does Eric Young, Samoa Joe and I believe Austin Aries so they wouldn’t be in get-ready classes
Victor Travagliante, who had been the lead announcer for Tommy Dreamer’s House of Hardcore promotion, has signed to start here, likely with NXT. PW Insider reported that Travagliante will use the name Vic Joseph. They had been talking with him for months, as the first we’d heard about WWE having interest in him was at the same time they were contacting guys like Curt Hawkins, Jinder Mahal and Shelton Benjamin at the time of the brand split
There is no secondary market buzz on the San Antonio shows as compared to Toronto. You can get secondary market tickets for NXT Takeover for $25 and Rumble tickets for $40. Granted, I didn’t expect any kind of a secondary market inflation for Rumble when playing such a big building because the secondary market goes nuts when the primary market has little inventory. Rumble wasn’t going to be an advanced sellout at the Alamodome. But the key is that Rumble tickets must be selling well and it’s just a question of how many seats they are going to open up. It also means NXT has no great demand. Right now NXT has the floor section sold out but there are good seats in the 100s with great views still available. For the Rumble, 11th row ringside was still available and there were good seats in every price range I checked still available.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Really sucks to hear about what happened to Shane Thorne. I think this is his second knee injury in like, two or three years? A real shame....
ROHfan2002

Post by ROHfan2002 »

Joe and Nakamura should be going up before WrestleMania, as should Asuka. Bobby Roode is obviously ready, but don't think that is the plan for him. I see him getting the NXT title at Takeover. Revival could probably be good, especially on Smackdown. Hero should be up there. I also really Almas. Think he can be a tremendous cocky heel. Other than that, the talent should not be coming up yet. Maybe Itami, if he can stay healthy.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Im hoping Takeover will be good tonight. No so sold on Authors of Pain. They will need DIY to carry them. Nakamura and Roode should be good. Interested to see Roddy as well. Hope for a great show.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

I'd say it was a great show
Brada

Post by Brada »

DIY and Authors of Pain was surprisingly good. I was impressed with the match. I like the title change. DIY are much more effective in chasing the titles and defying the odds.

Roode Nakamura was good as well. I get the injury angle. It extends the program through Mania. They have their blow off match at Takeover Orlando, then one of them makes their jump to the main roster after Mania.

The Seth Rollins run in was cool. Sets up that big match feel for Mania. I expect him to try something again tomorrow night.

Bet your ass Joe is in the Rumble tomorrow night.
Brada

Post by Brada »

That Cross bump on the table was shit. That table was such a prop. Didn't look good at all. Hell, I was shocked they even chose to show a replay.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Random NXT thoughts:

- Nigel seems completely rejuvenated on color. He was going through the motions in ROH. I look forward to him in this role in the future. Percy Watson is meh.

- I like the slow build with Liv Morgan. She is still green as fuck but the underdog vs. bullies role suits her well. I absolutely adore Billie Kay and Peyton Royce. They are perfect in their smarmy bully roles. Their ring work is really solid and are great carrying the young talent like Morgan.

- The old school guy in me can't get enough of The Revival. They such a well oiled machine. They have such a great ability to adapt to whatever tag team they are working with. The Authors of Pain do nothing for me, but I want to see what The Revival are going to do with them in the ring. I gush over what smart workers they are.

- Bobby Roode had an outstanding promo this past week. Look forward to him as champion. He knows how to get guys over. He should have left TNA years ago.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I'm spot on with you Mojo on every point you made....100%

I have always thought Bobby Roode was really good. Had he left TNA say 5 years ago, he would be main eventing on Monday or Tuesday nights by now.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Nakamura to main roster talk may subside since Nakamura was now announced for the June NXT European tour after first not being scheduled, but that doesn’t necessarily mean anything. He could debut on the main roster and still do the NXT tour. It’s two months after Mania but the original ticket sales for the U.K. tour were disappointing and that’s why he was added to the tour. That would seem to indicate the plans are still for him to be on the main roster before that time, which we were told was the case, but it also could mean they could delay it. He was already scheduled for NXT house shows in the U.S. through late April.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

"Ember Moon! This is your head!"

I love Asuka. She is such a bad ass. The problem is that she is too big for NXT now. She needs to be promoted to the main roster. Preferably Smackdown where she could feud with Becky Lynch. No matter how much they sell it, Ember Moon stands no credible chance to beat Asuka. They missed their opportunity to take the title off Asuka in the 4 way.
nickdiamante

Post by nickdiamante »

Did anyone catch Nigel McGuinness say "This is gonna be a man to reckon with in the future here in Ring of Honor" after the Aleister Black match at NXT Takeover: Orlando?

I had to do a double-take and rewind it. The other guys on commentary went silent for a few seconds lol.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

nickdiamante wrote:Did anyone catch Nigel McGuinness say "This is gonna be a man to reckon with in the future here in Ring of Honor" after the Aleister Black match at NXT Takeover: Orlando?

I had to do a double-take and rewind it. The other guys on commentary went silent for a few seconds lol.
You can take the man out of ROH, but you can't take ROH out of the man.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Yeah, I LOL'd really hard
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
There is a plan to do a slow build to an AOP vs. Heavy Machinery program.
TV tapings at Full Sail currently planned for Thursday, May 25.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Still working my way through the massive amount of shows from 'Mania Weekend. I actually watched TakeOver: Orlando last night. The AOP/DIY/Revival Triple Threat Elimination Match was pretty awesome!! It was easily the best WWE match during 'Mania Weekend, in my opinion.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Besides the Japan show where Nakamura wins the belt back and the Australia show where he defends versus Joe in the cage, are there any other two hour episodes of the regular NXT weekly show?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Jurn Simmons, 25, the wXw champion, will be one of the names involved in another European tryout camp that takes place from 5/7 to 5/10