The NXT Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Montana

Re: The NXT Thread

Post by Montana »

Caught some recent NXT...a few random thoughts (Potential spoilers)

1) Has Dijak appeared on NXT yet? I'm looking forward to that.

2) The Undisputed Era , specifically O'Reily and Fish seem forced and not their normal style/attitude. Adam Cole has done a nice job thus far, but O Reily is desperately trying to have a personality. Comes off very fake imo. Fish is just kinda there too. He's great on the mic, but barely gets mic time. Hope WWE has better plans for them, to just throw the belts on them.

3) I'm liking Lars Sullivan. With his mic skills and size, it seems like the sky is the limit for him.

4) I'm limited action Lio Rush has been pretty impressive. Guess we'll see if he can stay out of trouble.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Easy ***** for the main event tonight. Just a sensational epic.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Borash will be moving to Orlando to work with the NXT brand where he’ll wear several different hats, similar to what he did with TNA over the years. Those close to the situation said that he surveyed the changing landscape in pro wrestling and felt that this was the time to make a move that he’d avoided making in the past. It seems pretty clear that Levesque is building a front office foundation in NXT and will have his own crew ready whenever the day comes that he’s in charge of the main roster.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

From Brad Shepard's twitter
NXT in 2016 - $7 million in tickets, $20 million in expenses.

NXT in 2017 - $5.96 million in tickets, $25 million in expenses.

Sales decreased, expenses increased, losses increased.

How many business executives would remain in charge with those financial results elsewhere?
That's over 32 million dollars in shortfalls.

Can't imagine it makes up for it in driving network subscriptions or merch sales.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:29 pm From Brad Shepard's twitter
NXT in 2016 - $7 million in tickets, $20 million in expenses.

NXT in 2017 - $5.96 million in tickets, $25 million in expenses.

Sales decreased, expenses increased, losses increased.

How many business executives would remain in charge with those financial results elsewhere?
That's over 32 million dollars in shortfalls.

Can't imagine it makes up for it in driving network subscriptions or merch sales.
So can we reopen the discussion that NXT is just a way for WWE to try to kill the indys?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Not the indies, but the other national promotions. ROH, NJPW, CMLL, AAA, Impact, Lucha Underground. None are truly threats to WWE but they're clearly the ones hurt most by NXT.

NXT doesn't "develop" anybody, they don't make money. Roddy Strong is still in "developmental" while Jinder Mahal has an excruciatingly long world title reign on the main roster? Developmental, my ass.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I agree on nobody getting developed down there. Rusev, Wyatt, Lars, Velveteen, Charlotte, Bayley, Sasha were all selling out armories and blowing the roof oh so frequently before ever stepping foot in the PC.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
You can make of this what you will, but WWE company policy when it comes to drug test failures and suspensions are that all main roster failures and suspensions are released publicly, but failures in NXT and of other developmental talent are not
Let the speculation on Velveteen Dream begin.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

KingOfHinor

Post by KingOfHinor »

That opening ladder match was insane. All 6 looked prefect out there.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://twitter.com/TheBradShepard/stat ... 56800?s=20

https://www.f4wonline.com/daily-updates ... ets-282841
The expectation is that the next Takeover show will be 6/1 in Bridgeport, CT at the Webster Bank Arena. Last night at the NXT TV tapings they announced the date, but not the location. But that was the city going around.
Montana

Post by Montana »

If you haven't see Roderick Strong vs. Keith Lee. vs. Dijak... go check it out.

Probably one of my favorite matches of the year.
ertooso

Post by ertooso »

I've been watching NXT since it's FCW days in 2009 and it's always been a solid hour of wrestling. That being said, the product now is better than it's ever been and it will only get better with the new arrivals of Del Sol & Callihan.
roacheyyy

Post by roacheyyy »

Well this new NXT is terrible, don't think I'll be watching any more. Even though he's my favourite, I'm sad Pete Dunne re-signed. Wanted him to go to AEW
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NXT has always been overrated but they decided to take it from overrated to just bad like everything else WWE puts out.
DougN

Post by DougN »

I won't go that far, but it's definitely been running on fumes for over a year now. NXT's problem was once AEW started signing people, they could no longer selectively poach the top indy talent so the influx of new people took a hit. When LA Knight is pumped up as a major acquisition, you know things are going bad.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NXT at its best was the WWECW version of ROH.

Now they're the WWECW version of Raw.
DougN

Post by DougN »

I don't think ANYONE is going to argue that.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.