The NXT Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
boourns

Re: The NXT Thread

Post by boourns »

Awesome women's match this week. Natalya needs more time on RAW and I think Paige could be pretty successful in WWE.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Yeah, Natty/Paige was the best womens match in all of WWE in a LONG time.

Can I just say that Bo needs to drop the belt ASAP? I actually like his character, but it just seems like there's nothing left to do with him as champ. I'm sure we'll get the Bo/Zayn/Neville match for the title soon and fingers crossed that either Sami or Adrian win. Not because they're the best guys in NXT now and two of my favorites, but because SOMEONE needs to beat Bo for the title.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Bo is one of the few people who I actually genuinely dislike because of his character these days. He really makes you hate him. Part of his brilliance is that you can't wait for them to get the belt off him, but he just keeps retaining it.
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

Robareid wrote:Bo is one of the few people who I actually genuinely dislike because of his character these days. He really makes you hate him. Part of his brilliance is that you can't wait for them to get the belt off him, but he just keeps retaining it.
I agree that that has been a big part of his 'charm'. But I also think its time for the switch - they have the NXT crowd really reacting to his title matches and I can see them turning if this goes on too long, especially when they have someone to get behind as strongly as Zayn (and even Neville, but I think Zayn is just a notch above him).
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eIzkBVFtVM

So Sami Callahan is now an evil version of Aiden Pearce from Watch Dogs.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I'm actually kind of intrigued by the idea of Sami Callihan/Solomon Crowe doing a Hacker Gimmick. It's something that's never been done before (to my knowledge, at least).

Also, glad that Kalisto is still doing the "Lucha" chants.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

It's a dumb gimmick to begin with and then Sami didn't even turn on the tablet to make it seem like he is hacking the system or whatever. C'mon dude.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

May I ask why you think it's dumb? And yeah the tablet thing was a missed detail but it was just a house show spot.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

I just don't get it. He hacks stuff to sneak attack dudes? It's just so silly.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

BTW10 wrote:I just don't get it. He hacks stuff to sneak attack dudes? It's just so silly.
Well WWE is known for theatricality. I'll take that over generic and dull any day. I'm just glad they are finally going back to giving guys actual characters even if some are silly.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Watching this week's show and there was a graphic for The Ascension issuing an open challenge next week. Gonna assume we'll be seeing The American Pitbulls debut.
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

BTW10 wrote:Watching this week's show and there was a graphic for The Ascension issuing an open challenge next week. Gonna assume we'll be seeing The American Pitbulls debut.
At the very least, its an intentional tease since they made a point to say the challenges was to "Any tag team in the world". Hopefully it is them and hopefully its not the squash match they taped - next weeks episode the first of a fresh batch, I think?
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

This week on NXT:
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Just watched the latest episode. Davey's new last name is actually "Billington" which I'm assuming is a tribute to the Dynamite Kid which is pretty cool. Otherwise the match wasn't much but it was fine, both guys got to show off a bit. However Davey completely botched a float over from an attempted backdrop suplex and landed pretty much right on his head. Even though he's wrestled since then I hope there was no long term damage.
Lazyking

Post by Lazyking »

It was a fine match. Eddie is much better wrestler than Davey in a long run. Davey's overselling was ridiclous on a flapjack lol.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Lazyking wrote:It was a fine match. Eddie is much better wrestler than Davey in a long run. Davey's overselling was ridiclous on a flapjack lol.
Which is super ironic since he's pretty much known for NOT selling during his matches. What is with these ROH guys who go to WWE and suddenly have Ziggler-like selling ala Tyler Black?
boourns

Post by boourns »

Good showing by the Pitbulls. Hopefully they bring them back soon.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Their match was ok. Davey looked nervous with a rare botch and a silly selling of Flapjack lol. Still pretty good showing.
MOOSE!
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

DieHard wrote:Their match was ok. Davey looked nervous with a rare botch and a silly selling of Flapjack lol. Still pretty good showing.
Well the guy has pretty much burned all his bridges elsewhere so I could understand him being nervous.
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

Eddie looked like he fit right in and had potential for miles. Davey looked... not very good. Hopefully it was just nerves and not his attitude and/or abilities being a horrible fit for the product.