The NXT Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
supersonic

Re: The NXT Thread

Post by supersonic »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:I am really digging this feud right now. The build towards a steel cage match has been logical. It's got kind of an old school feel to it all. It hasn't felt long or drawn out. It hits all the right notes in my book of what feud is. These guys are fucking hating each other and it's got to end in a cage. Pro Wrestling 101 right here, people.
It's also the exact tone I wish Ambrose's feuds would be booked as well. In this case, the heel is a miserable bad-ass. The babyface doesn't use props, steal clothing, and crack jokes, instead going right for the asshole's throat at every opportunity.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

TMDK are now known as TM-61 (Shane Thorne & Nick Miller)

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Finally saw this week's NXT. Loved the video package of Asuka done to Halestorm. The subtle annoyance of Austin Aries at Nakamura for not tagging in and going straight for the pin was a nice touch. Nia Jax destroying Bayley was effective storytelling. Lastly, NXT is doing a great job enticing the viewer not to miss a live event. These clips of Joe winning the title and this week highlighting the brawl make me not only want to go to a live event, but I am also eagerly awaiting NXT Takeover.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Joe vs Nakamura might be the most anticipated dream match we thought we'd never get in YEARS.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Hideo Itami should be returning within the next few weeks after being out the last 13 months after shoulder surgery. His first surgery didn’t go well and his recuperation was much slower than expected.
The tentative plan was for Jason Jordan & Chad Gable to go to the main roster in the fall. That was also before the before the brand split changed every creative decision.

To show how spur of the moment things are done, even though they pretty much decided a few weeks ahead of time that the Vaudevillains were debuting after Mania, they didn’t even know it. When they were flown to Dallas for WrestleMania, they were supposed to fly back to Florida with the NXT crew after the show. They weren’t actually told themselves that they were debuting on Raw until the day of Mania, one day before, and at the last minute WWE had to rebook tickets. I’m not sure they were the only ones that fell into that category because we heard about travel being rebooked because they didn’t finalize who was debuting right after Mania until the last minute. HHH had previously wanted six months worth of plans to be made for talent being brought up so they wouldn’t be brought up and then have nothing to do, flounder, and make it look like NXT stars failed on the main roster. That makes all the sense But obviously, that hasn’t happened given the way NXT stars have been brought up with no long-term whatsoever.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Most of the recent call ups have had clear directions though, we'll see after the brand split however.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

HHH on Twitter yesterday noted that the name of the 6/8 NXT Takeover show would be "Takeover: The End." Some people seem to think that means it's the end of NXT. It isn't. It's just likely the end of the Samoa Joe vs. Finn Balor program with their third meeting in a cage.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

After watching this week's NXT, I have a whole lotta love for Alexa Bliss. She is improving and she plays such a great bitchy heel. Looking forward to Aries/Nakamura. They need Aries to play the arrogant prick role, because he's a natural at it. Kind of like in real life. Video package for Joe/Balor was great. Beginning to really dig the team of Ciampa and Gargano. Happy to see the debut of TM61.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Meltzer:
Ticketron and the WWE's web site have pulled the planned SummerSlam weekend NXT show. Now, decisions and schedule changes happen all the time. If you remember, last year's show in Brooklyn was NXT's biggest success in history drawing a legit sellout and had the Bayley vs. Sasha Banks match that may have been the best women's match in company history. Even internally, people have been asking questions and right now there are no answers other than the show is no longer on the schedule. At least some in NXT are very concerned about that and the billing of the 6/8 show as "The End."
I've left a voicemail with my Barclays Center representative inquiring if Takeover is still planned on SummerSlam weekend. Thank goodness I've collected no money so far.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

They also announced 3 new house show dates for July.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Concerns about the status of NXT Takeover: Brooklyn seem unfounded. A big story yesterday was the fact that Ticketmaster and WWE.com had pulled all listing for the event, which was scheduled to take place during SummerSlam weekend. The Wrestling Observer reports that while many NXT talent was concerned after the listings were pulled, the show is still set for that weekend and was only pulled due it having outdated logos and event details.

Ticketmaster will be adding the event back to the site with new logos and details soon.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://twitter.com/strigga/status/739144401239322628

Those on the Voices of Wrestling forum have known this for awhile.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Tommy End in NXT = Fucking awesome!
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I get a Phil Brooks vibe from Joe's current NXT shtick. The sitdown confrontation with Balor was fucking GOLD.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Agree with supersonic with the Brooks comparison. I thought the whole segment was good. All 3 guys did well in their roles.

I really like the team of Ciampa and Gargano.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Apparently the NWA's Bruce Tharpe met with Triple H today:

JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Hmm, wonder what that could mean.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Do you guys think Bayley will be at NXT in Brooklyn? Even though she could very well be on the main roster by then, I think she will compete for a little more on nxt even after she makes her raw debut much like the rest of the horsewomen did. I want to go to NXT in BK, but only if she is there. She's my favorite wrestler right now.