The NXT Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
supersonic

Re: The NXT Thread

Post by supersonic »

They all look alike anyway, right?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:The Hideo Itami reference is above my head. Supposedly as some sort of tribute? Someone mind explaining it?

I get copyright stuff and why they change his name. But why create so much hype on .com and Raw about signing "KENTA?" They already established his name, and then changed it. And KENTA has such a better ring to it than "Hideo Itami." I get that he might have picked that, but with other people changing to one word names, they should have just kept it one word.

Okay, rant over. I've enjoyed takeover so far.
Apprently who KENTA is paying tribute to (from what I can tell) is possibly Hideo Kojima, of Konami (Video Game Developer) and Metal Gear Solid fame.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

Overall Takeover 2 thoughts anyone? I really liked the main event and everything else was fine.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Thought the main event was pretty much super awesome. Rest of the show was enjoyable.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Hideo killed the NXT star.
boourns

Post by boourns »

I thought the women's match was better than fine. Really good show.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

Hideo Itami?
Oh Itami is Airport city near Osaka(place KENTA signed) 
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

Fidel Costco wrote: I understand the copyright thing, too, but when someone has high recognition like Kenta, Steen, and Devitt, it's a good way to squander all the publicity they've already received from signing them.

Want to take bets on Steens new name? I'm think Rey Mysteenico.

Oh, and Devitt? Mini-Sheamus.
How about Steen Cara?
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Kenta did not look comfortable saying his new name. It's like he was reluctant and why shouldn't he be?

I liked the women's match and the main event. Rest of the show was ok.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

It's safe to say that the Fatal Four way was the best match of the night by far, and truly the only match that was good besides that one was the match before between Charlotte and Bayley. Everything else ranged from "meh" to decent.

I find to be a huge problem however, that the NXT Takeover was better than the last 4 Raws and SDs, and that NXT looks like it's in better shape than either of those major brands. When a minor league system is flowing better than your major league system, it's a problem.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Yeah it's ironic that NXT is developmental yet the wrestling is better on that show than the main shows, especially the women's matches. On raw and smackdown women's matches are 2 minute aerobic exercises. On NXT they are actual wrestling matches that are given time.
stay gold

Post by stay gold »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:The Hideo Itami reference is above my head. Supposedly as some sort of tribute? Someone mind explaining it?

I get copyright stuff and why they change his name. But why create so much hype on .com and Raw about signing "KENTA?" They already established his name, and then changed it. And KENTA has such a better ring to it than "Hideo Itami." I get that he might have picked that, but with other people changing to one word names, they should have just kept it one word.

Okay, rant over. I've enjoyed takeover so far.
Apprently who KENTA is paying tribute to (from what I can tell) is possibly Hideo Kojima, of Konami (Video Game Developer) and Metal Gear Solid fame.
Hideo Nomo. First Japanese born baseball player to transition into Major League Baseball. KENTA has a background in baseball. And the whole theme of relocating to the US and finding a second round of success fits well.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

ROHFanAnthony wrote:Yeah it's ironic that NXT is developmental yet the wrestling is better on that show than the main shows, especially the women's matches. On raw and smackdown women's matches are 2 minute aerobic exercises. On NXT they are actual wrestling matches that are given time.
Truly is. The Womens match last night went on for what, 15 minutes, and was a very good match. Then they go put either on the main roster, and 5 minute matches are the norm. Even Paige, who still has a long way to go, I know, isn't putting on as good of a match as she did in NXT.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Just Finished Takeover 2. Such a good show like always.

That main event was great! Sami is soooo fucking over. Can't wait till he wins the big one.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So I'm guessing Neville is going to be turning heel for the eventual singles match with Sami Zayn for the NXT Title?
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Lucha Dragons vs. The Ascension **1/2

Baron Corbin vs. CJ Parker SQUASH

Enzo Amore vs. Sylvester Lefort 1/2*

Bull Dempsey vs. Mojo Rawley 1/4*

Charlotte vs. Bayley ***1/4

Adrian Neville vs. Sami Zayn vs. Tyson Kidd vs. Tyler Breeze ***3/4

Solid show, wouldn't say it reached good, and worst of the three NXT specials. Nothing blow away, but the main event was very good, and the NXT ladies continue to outshine their main roster counterparts. Thought the way they dealt with the name change for KENTA was horrible. Promote the hell out of a guy called KENTA, then switch his name. They even called him KENTA on RAW for God's sakes... Looking forward to his in ring debut though.
boourns

Post by boourns »

I feel like people complaining about the name changes just need to get over it. It is ALWAYS going to happen. Sami Zayn, Adrian Neville and Daniel Bryan are doing just fine.

I think the way they changed KENTA's name was smart. If you the promoted Hideo to debut at NXT it would not have received the attention that the debut of KENTA got. Especially internationally. And he actually had reasoning behind he name, which is better than most.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Make it Kenta in lower case then, and make him sign away the copyright on that. If you promote him as Kenta, then have him as Kenta. You don't see them renaming Sting do you?
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Robareid wrote:Make it Kenta in lower case then, and make him sign away the copyright on that. If you promote him as Kenta, then have him as Kenta. You don't see them renaming Sting do you?
Sting is a bigger name than Kenta ever was and likely ever will be.

It's no surprise that they changed his name. He's been saying it since he was signed, both in out of and in kayfabe interviews that he was fully intent on taking up a ring name.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I have no problem with him changing his name, but I just think it's dumb to promote him as Kenta then change his name.