The NXT Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
JTCole

Re: The NXT Thread

Post by JTCole »

Hmm, looks like they'll be trying out the heel Brodus Clay thing on NXT first, assuming they give him another big push on the main roster this year. I like him so I hope they do.
cviens

Post by cviens »

A Big E Langston/Brodus Clay feud for the IC belt could be alright.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

cviens wrote:A Big E Langston/Brodus Clay feud for the IC belt could be alright.
Big E deserves better.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Main event of Graves/Zayn this week was ok. They were mostly just focusing on Sami's kayfabe head injuries. I'm glad the NXT crowd has picked up on how boring Corey is.

Another skippable show, though. Feel like that's been the case for most of this year unfortunately.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

cviens wrote:A Big E Langston/Brodus Clay feud for the IC belt could be alright.
Big E. works best when he has someone smaller to bump around for him and Clay isn't that guy. If they really want to try something different maybe pair Clay with Cena? It'll give him something to do in between PPVs. They put Cena with Tensai remember so it's not that off base.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Instead of (or in addition to)having random NXT matches at AXXESS, I think it would be cool to have a big NXT show on Friday or Saturday night before WM. WWE obviously would rather have wrestling fans come to their functions rather than indie shows and conventions. This would be a great way to do it, would cater to the same audience, and would be a big deal for NXT.

Not that I want to see it get tougher for indie companies, but a real big NXT show would be really cool and this is the perfect time to do it.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

JTCole wrote:
Big E. works best when he has someone smaller to bump around for him and Clay isn't that guy. If they really want to try something different maybe pair Clay with Cena? It'll give him something to do in between PPVs. They put Cena with Tensai remember so it's not that off base.
In my opinion his best match to date has been against Swagger, so I'd disagree.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Instead of (or in addition to)having random NXT matches at AXXESS, I think it would be cool to have a big NXT show on Friday or Saturday night before WM. WWE obviously would rather have wrestling fans come to their functions rather than indie shows and conventions. This would be a great way to do it, would cater to the same audience, and would be a big deal for NXT.

Not that I want to see it get tougher for indie companies, but a real big NXT show would be really cool and this is the perfect time to do it.
This would make a lot of sense to do, but I guess that since they recently did the NXT Arrival show, they decided not to do it.
I could see them doing it next year though.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Bo Dallas vs. Adrian Neville ***1/4

I still don't feel like Neville's style translates too well to WWE, but this was a very good match.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The second live special will be NXT Takeover on May 29th.

JTCole

Post by JTCole »

So Samuray Del Sol FINALLY debuted on the main NXT show at the tapings held just recently, teaming with Ricardo in his El Local gimmick. Pretty sure their match will actually be shown since they did an angle with Ascension later on. Still no Sami Callahan sadly.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Graves & Ascension vs. Zayn & Usos ***

Man, Zayn and the Usos managed to pull out a match that wasn't boring out of Graves and Ascension.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Apparently Drake Younger worked an NXT live event as a referee, confirming that rumor for now.
I wonder how this will go? The NXT crowd seems to be very knowledgeable and vocal towards indy guys coming in. I'd have to think there will be some "Drake" chants, but I can't see WWE wanting the refs to be over.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

@rdmb1
With the new @WWENXT referee @WWEDrakeWuertz .... This new referee looks awfully familiar.....
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Mike0284 wrote:
@rdmb1
With the new @WWENXT referee @WWEDrakeWuertz .... This new referee looks awfully familiar.....
Gah! Check out the scar tissue on that forehead! He looks like someone who rolled around in broken glass on a regular basis.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Alexa Bliss is REALLY hot. She is also an awesome babyface. Alicia Fox was also an awesome heel.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Just think, in a few months time, NXT could have Adrian Neville, Kalisto, Sami Zayn, Solomon Crowe, Kevin Steen, Prince Devitt & KENTA.

DEAR GOD that sounds awesome!!!
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Speaking of I so, so hope Crowe is debuting at the live show next week.

As to the live show Bret Hart was originally going to appear but had to cancel. Flair is still showing up though. Curious to see him since apparently he's lost a ton of weight to get back in shape for an on camera role.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Actually pretty excited to see Adrian Neville vs. Tyson Kidd at Takeover. That should be pretty good.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I hope it is, but Kidd has yet to really impress me since his return from injury. Hopefully this changes it.