The NXT Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
BTW10

Re: The NXT Thread

Post by BTW10 »

Graves is absolutely terrible. His matches are hysterically boring and he legitimately does nothing impressive.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I think he's good on the mic, but I agree, he's yet to impress in the ring.
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

I think the wrong person was in the ring with him during the initial promo. Speaking of doing nothing, Yoshi Tatsu. There may not be a more useless talent on the entire roster, and they still employ JTG.

And did anyone else catch that the crowd was absolutely terrible for this episode of NXT? Which is a bad thing for the next two episodes since it's the same crowd. They were dead during Neville's promo, he had to play them up, and dead during Graves promo. Sitting on your hands does nothing to get people over. Both of them were trying to get any reaction, and the crowd was just dead.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Mattxx87 wrote:I think the wrong person was in the ring with him during the initial promo. Speaking of doing nothing, Yoshi Tatsu. There may not be a more useless talent on the entire roster, and they still employ JTG.

And did anyone else catch that the crowd was absolutely terrible for this episode of NXT? Which is a bad thing for the next two episodes since it's the same crowd. They were dead during Neville's promo, he had to play them up, and dead during Graves promo. Sitting on your hands does nothing to get people over. Both of them were trying to get any reaction, and the crowd was just dead.
Look, asking people to react to an Adrian Neville promo is a tall task.

Graves wasn't bad though, and personally I think he plays a douchebag character well.
JSP

Post by JSP »

Yoshi Tatsu isn't useless, he's a good worker. Maybe you should do some research before you put labels, eh? ECW late 2009 calls your bluff.

But yeah. JTG isn't much.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Tastu is fine, and I hope the company gives him one more shot on the main roster. Maybe as a tag wrestler so he's not pressured to get over in singles.
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

JSP wrote:Yoshi Tatsu isn't useless, he's a good worker. Maybe you should do some research before you put labels, eh? ECW late 2009 calls your bluff.

But yeah. JTG isn't much.
Scotty 2 Hotty isn't useless by that standard because he was good for two months in 1998. Pretty sure when your defense is "he was good for two or three months on the company's C show five years ago..." :roll:
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I've always been disappointed that Yoshi Tatsu was basically non-existant after ECW ended.
Plus the whole situation with him after the Japan tsunami/earthquake was kind of sad yet hilarious at how incompetent WWE was.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

I can't believe I just now realized this but Aiden English looks like Cesaro's twin brother.

And Yoshi does deserve better but I don't know how the 2011 tsunami/earthquake would have helped him.
Northwoods_Nightmare

JTCole wrote:I can't believe I just now realized this but Aiden English looks like Cesaro's twin brother.

And Yoshi does deserve better but I don't know how the 2011 tsunami/earthquake would have helped him.
I was just referring to it as an example of the WWE not giving a crap about him whatsoever.

If you haven't heard the story:
Basically at Wrestlemania that year, Tatsu asked permission to carry a Japanese flag during his entrance in the pre-show battle royale as a way to show support for the victims of the natural disaster, and perform on the WWE shows when they went to Japan. WWE said no.
So, Tatsu wrote a blog about how he was very disappointed in the WWE's decision to not support the people of Japan. He then listed a number of reason's he was unhappy in the WWE and the fact that he wasn't getting used at all. Naturally, the blog was written in Japanese.
WWE apparently doesn't translate and proofread their international sites, because they put a link to the blog on the front page of the official Japanese WWE website for all of their Japanese fans to read about how WWE really doesn't care about them at all. :lol:
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Well WWE has never really drawn well in Japan anyway but that's still pretty funny.
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

You just can't use the Brazilian flag to get heat, right Jericho? :lol:

Also. We know Vince McMahon doesn't care about Japanese stars. Never has, never will. I hope Triple H shows a little more appreciation for their work, which, is why I was hoping they were bringing KENTA in. I didn't want Yokozuna, a samoan, being portrayed as a sumo wrestler with Mr. Fuji, and having sumo rituals, Taka Michinoku, with Japanese sounding music and Japanese flag (but see, using the Japanese flag to be derogatory is fine), I didn't want Tajiri with his ninja mafia, I didn't want Yoshi Tatsu committing seppuku during a bad promo, and I didn't want Tensai and his facepaint. It's truly abhorrent how bad the WWE has been to respecting the Japanese culture. No other sect of people has ever been exploited as bad.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Sami's got a new look.

AmericanDolphin_3

Post by AmericanDolphin_3 »

Ohhhh...

No. That is not okay.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Damn. Sami looked so different before.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

wow totally boring look :cry:
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Tatsu is probably happy to preserve his body collecting a downside guarantee.

Worst-case scenario, he gets cut and goes to NJPW to tear it up for decent $.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Adam Rose's entrance isn't quite the same without his first theme. It's funny, because the fans are singing his old one during the match.
D2Kvirus

Post by D2Kvirus »

Robareid wrote:Adam Rose's entrance isn't quite the same without his first theme. It's funny, because the fans are singing his old one during the match.
They just dubbed over it, badly - given that you could lip read Rose singing it before his trust fall off the apron.

If the reports hold water, it beggars belief that somebody at WWE made a bush league mistake like neglecting to secure the rights to the original song as they thought the gimmick wouldn't get over so fast.
cviens

Post by cviens »

supersonic wrote:Tatsu is probably happy to preserve his body collecting a downside guarantee.

Worst-case scenario, he gets cut and goes to NJPW to tear it up for decent $.
That was the rumor back when he posted the blog mentioned previously. Surprised he's still around considering he hates it so much and they use him so sparingly.