The NXT Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
supersonic

Re: The NXT Thread

Post by supersonic »

Available in March

It Started as a Whisper

Creating the Future

NXT Championship Tournament Final
Seth Rollins vs. Jinder Mahal
NXT • August 29, 2012

WrestleMania 31

No Disqualification Match for the NXT Championship
Seth Rollins vs. Big E Langston
NXT • January 9, 2013

Chris Jericho vs. Bray Wyatt
NXT • May 1, 2013

Women’s Wrestling is Back!

NXT Women’s Championship Tournament Final
Paige vs. Emma
NXT • July 24, 2013

Best 2 Out of 3 Falls Match
Sami Zayn vs. Antonio Cesaro
NXT • August 21, 2013

William Regal vs. Antonio Cesaro
NXT • December 25, 2013

NXT ArRival

Ladder Match for the NXT Championship
Bo Dallas vs. Adrian Neville
NXT ArRival • February 27, 2014

NXT Women’s Championship Tournament Final
Charlotte vs. Natalya
NXT Takeover • May 29, 2014

Tyler Breeze “#MMMGorgeous” Music Video
NXT • June 5, 2014

#WeAreNXT

Sami Zayn vs. Tyson Kidd
NXT • October 16, 2014

NXT Championship Match
Adrian Neville vs. Sami Zayn
NXT Takeover: REvolution • December 11, 2014

The Four Horsewomen

Fatal Four-Way Match for the NXT Women’s Championship
Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch vs. Bayley
NXT Takeover: Rival • February 11, 2015

Takeover: Rival

NXT Championship Match
Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens
NXT Takeover: Rival • February 11, 2015

The Arnold Classic

Adrian Neville vs. Cesaro
Columbus, OH • March 5, 2015

San Jose

Hideo Itami vs. Tyler Breeze
[Arena Cam] San Jose, CA • March 27, 2015

Six-Person Tag Team Match
Enzo Amore, Colin Cassady & Carmella vs. Blake, Murphy & Alexa Bliss
NXT • June 17, 2015

Beast in the East

NXT Championship Match
Kevin Owens vs. Finn Bálor
Beast in the East • July 4, 2015

Takeover: Brooklyn

NXT Women’s Championship Match
Sasha Banks vs. Bayley
NXT Takeover: Brooklyn • August 22, 2015

Long Live the Dream

Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Tournament Final
Finn Bálor & Samoa Joe vs. Baron Corbin & Rhyno
NXT Takeover: Respect • October 7, 2015

The Future is Now!

BLU RAY EXTRAS

CM Punk & Seth Rollins vs. Antonio Cesaro & Kassius Ohno
NXT • October 17, 2012

Best 2 Out of 3 Falls Match
Adrian Neville vs. Corey Graves
NXT • November 13, 2013

Bray Wyatt Thanks the NXT Universe
NXT • August 14, 2014

Paige vs. Becky Lynch
[Dark Match] NXT Takeover: Fatal Four Way • September 11, 2014

NXT Women’s Championship Match
Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte
NXT • July 15, 2015

Apollo Crews vs. Tyler Breeze
NXT Takeover: Respect • October 7, 2015
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

Is it just me or was Joe/Ciampa AWESOME?
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

Leo C wrote:Is it just me or was Joe/Ciampa AWESOME?
Seemed decent for an 8-minute main event.

Also, Nia Jax getting pushed... using a leg drop as a finisher... ARGH.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Just two days before WWE invades AT&T Stadium for The Show of Shows, WrestleMania 32, the WWE Universe will get to see the Superstars of Tomorrow on their biggest stage: NXT TakeOver!

WWE COO Triple H announced on Twitter that the next edition of the highly acclaimed series of WWE Network live specials is coming to Dallas on Friday, April 1, 2016, at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas. NXT has made a huge impact in 2015 as it grew into a worldwide phenomenon, including sold-out specials in Brooklyn, N.Y., and London. 2016 looks to be even bigger for NXT, with TakeOver coming to the Lone Star State.

NXT TakeOver is the latest addition to what is sure to be a thrilling week in Dallas that already includes WrestleMania Axxess, the 2016 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, Monday Night Raw and the pop culture phenomenon that is WrestleMania.

Tickets for the historic NXT TakeOver in Dallas will be available starting Saturday, Dec. 19.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Takeover: London was good though not as great as prior Takeovers. Asuka was amazing and Joe looked like the Joe of 2006 again. Corbin winning irritated many but honestly I think he deserves this feud with Finn they are now teasing.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

I thought Jax/Bailey was fantastic.
MOOSE!
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

DieHard wrote:I thought Jax/Bailey was fantastic.
Agreed. Totally overdelivered. I was marking out for Bayley throughout, and loved the finish.
JShmoopy

Post by JShmoopy »

I enjoyed the show as well, it was pretty good from top to bottom.

Has Corbin won any other high profile feuds in NXT? He was squashing enhancement guys for months, then he beat Dempsey, and I think he feuded with Joe, but he got choked out. I had to look online, but he also had a couple matches with Rhyno. The match with Crews was a toss up (for me) and if they aren't ready to call him up, it's probably best for him to face Balor next.

Did anyone else feel that the ending to Joe and Balor was a bit off?
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

JTCole wrote:Takeover: London was good though not as great as prior Takeovers. Asuka was amazing and Joe looked like the Joe of 2006 again. Corbin winning irritated many but honestly I think he deserves this feud with Finn they are now teasing.
Yup. Seeing Joe like this showed me how much he'd been giving half-effort in TNA.

Corbin needed a win if he was going to go anywhere (which, admittedly, I wish they'd given his role to Colin Cassidy instead).
I am cosmetically pleasing.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Great stuff last night and I got a better seat for almost a third of the price of TNA in January.

The 4-way tag was basically the Gable/Jordan show while the other three teams were just there. Didn't see Samson squashing Dempsey because I was getting robbed for beer.

Solid stuff from the women in the opener. They certainly protected Emma here and I wouldn't be shocked if she was the next opponent for Bayley at whatever Takeover they'll have between London and Dallas.

The not-Mechanics do nothing for me and they really come across as a vaguely better version of Blake & Murphy. I get their character and the whole Brain Busters/Minnesota Wrecking Crew deal, but I just don't find them very interesting. I don't know what they're going to do with the Catchphrase Kings now though.

Ugh, fucking Corbin... I mean fine, he was getting good heat, but this guy is so boring to watch. I actually don't have an issue with him winning, but that's a bit sad to think that he's the second heel on the roster right now. Oh yeah, and Crews was there also.

This Bayley/Jax match overdelivered in a big way. I'm sure Jax can become a decent monster heel in the future, but now wasn't the right time.

Joe vs. Finn the Demon Reaper was great. I'm still not sure about the whole demon thing though because he doesn't do anything different than usual (except his entrance obviously). I guess I'm just waiting for him to turn at this point.

Dark main event with Dillinger vs. Zayn went a bit long, but it's Sami so who gives a fuck.

During his post-match promo, Zayn vaguely teased another show for next year.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

I was disappointed in Corbin vs Crews, but the rest of the show was great. Now that Bryan is likely never coming back, Bayley might be my current favorite wwe wrestler :D
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

ROHFanAnthony wrote:I was disappointed in Corbin vs Crews, but the rest of the show was great. Now that Bryan is likely never coming back, Bayley might be my current favorite wwe wrestler :D
Let's wait till we hear something official about Bryan before we start thinking that hmm? If he's not back at the post-Rumble Raw however that's probably a good sign he's not returning.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

JTCole wrote:
ROHFanAnthony wrote:I was disappointed in Corbin vs Crews, but the rest of the show was great. Now that Bryan is likely never coming back, Bayley might be my current favorite wwe wrestler :D
Let's wait till we hear something official about Bryan before we start thinking that hmm? If he's not back at the post-Rumble Raw however that's probably a good sign he's not returning.
Raw is in Seattle on February 8.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

supersonic wrote:
JTCole wrote:
Raw is in Seattle on February 8.
Or there. Actually if they don't have any current Mania plans for him they might as well keep him out till April, assuming he is coming back.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

If he's cleared, he works the biggest Mania ever. The event needs his star power, the company needs depth for its attendance record goal, and leaving him off (screwing him out of his dream for real while also preventing him from a huge payday) when he's already cleared by the company and such a talented team player would be my easy vote for Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic of 2016.
jjankows

Post by jjankows »

Daniel Bryan will probably never wrestle in WWE again. When the doctors Vince hires say he can't wrestle, Vince is not going to throw him in the ring. You imagine the amount of bad publicity and guilt Vince would have to deal with, if Bryan got seriously injured in a WWE ring when he should have never been cleared. I am the biggest Daniel Bryan mark. I've been chanting Best in the World and You're going to get your head kicked in since 2006. But I rather have my favorite wrestler live a healthy life than get brain damage.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Second Chicago event sold out in 30 minutes.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Shinsuke Nakamura has been thinking about going to WWE for some time now. This wasn’t a sudden decision. With the other three, the talks and decisions were far more recent. One of the things people don’t know is that Nakamura both understands and speaks English fairly well. I was told that if people think Nakamura’s charisma shows up only in his entrances and in the ring, it actually also continues with his promos. Of course that doesn’t always translate into a new language, but he’s not going to have to learn English at all.

The current word we’re getting is that Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson will debut on NXT at television in early March.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Wow, I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a video before his match against Steen where he said something about not speaking English and maybe half a sentence more.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
supersonic

Post by supersonic »