The NXT Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Thelone

Re: The NXT Thread

Post by Thelone »

Well, he was supposed to become the top heel before they signed all the indy dudes, then his push just died instantly.

As for the attack, let's not forget that it was only created to pull out an injured Itami of a match he was so obviously going to win before his big moment in Sumo Hall.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Breeze doesn't get enough credit.
If the ladder match is made official it may become my most anticipated (watchable live) match of the weekend.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Thelone wrote:As for the attack, let's not forget that it was only created to pull out an injured Itami of a match he was so obviously going to win before his big moment in Sumo Hall.
Have high expectations for the Balor vs. Itami feud, with the hope it culminates next summer as Itami finally dethrones Balor at Takeover Tokyo.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
The 8/22 NXT show officially sold out on 8/10, or nearly two weeks in advance, with more than 13,000 tickets out. This would be the first time I believe that WWE in its history would have ever sold out three straight nights in the same NBA-sized building in North America.

In fact, I’ve never heard of anyone selling out three straight nights at a major arena in North America, and only a handful of times worldwide, such as New Japan in its heyday during G-1 week at Sumo Hall, with the record being the 1994 G-1 Climax that sold out six straight days at 11,066 each night.

SummerSlam on 8/23 and Raw on 8/24 were immediate sellouts (at press time there were seats available for Raw that had been opened up).

It goes without saying how impressive this is and how successful this new business model of doing NXT shows the same weekend as major shows looks to be.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Major NXT spoilers
Spoiler: show
Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano debuted as a tag team and defeated the team of Bull Dempsey and Tyler Breeze.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Also...
On the last episode taped, Kevin Owens came out with the NXT Title for a match against Neville.
I gotta say that's a very.....WCW/TNA-esque move by WWE. I'd think they'd be above that sort of thing. Guess not...
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

They're trolling us, but this is actually a smart way to make people doubt about the most predictable Takeover matches.
tlova86

Post by tlova86 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Also...
On the last episode taped, Kevin Owens came out with the NXT Title for a match against Neville.
I gotta say that's a very.....WCW/TNA-esque move by WWE. I'd think they'd be above that sort of thing. Guess not...
Just Because Owens come out with the Championship doesn't mean he winning at Takeover. It could be a case where he loses the match then steals the title.
boourns

Post by boourns »

Fucking spoilers dude. Seriously, stop doing that.
ryanraze

Post by ryanraze »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Breeze doesn't get enough credit.
If the ladder match is made official it may become my most anticipated (watchable live) match of the weekend.
I agree 100%. This guy is a legit deal. I wonder if he could make it on the big stage though
ryanraze

Post by ryanraze »

tlova86 wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Also...
Just Because Owens come out with the Championship doesn't mean he winning at Takeover. It could be a case where he loses the match then steals the title.

I imagine Balor will win but Owens steals the title via post match attack. Balor may chase Owens to the main show and setup a match at an upcoming PPV. Exposure of the title and Balor = Win Win
ryanraze

Post by ryanraze »

supersonic wrote:
Thelone wrote:As for the attack, let's not forget that it was only created to pull out an injured Itami of a match he was so obviously going to win before his big moment in Sumo Hall.
Have high expectations for the Balor vs. Itami feud, with the hope it culminates next summer as Itami finally dethrones Balor at Takeover Tokyo.

Itami has been a bit of a let down to me. I think they signed him too late in his career. He's kind of an asian Daniel Bryan with less submissions. I mean that based entirely on his moveset. I'm not sure the fans will gravitate to him. It's a shame, as KENTA was amazing in the day.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

He was clicking right when he got hurt and would've gotten Balor's spot in Tokyo. He'll be fine.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

ImageImage
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

How is Takeover only going to be 2 hours.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

I believe they're also taping one TV episode before or after the special.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

That makes more sense.
boourns

Post by boourns »

Takeover will probably be the top 5 plus Apollo Crews.
tlova86

Post by tlova86 »

This should be a real fun show. Happy I have tickets.