The NXT Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Northwoods_Nightmare

Re: The NXT Thread

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

They could ditch the #1 contender stip and just insert Owens to make a three way title shot.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:They could ditch the #1 contender stip and just insert Owens to make a three way title shot.
I'm starting to think that's the best idea. Maybe they could have Uhaa debut to make up the lost time?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I doubt this will happen, but I think it would be really cool if they threw in the debuting Uhaa Nation to challenge Kevin Owens.
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

If Zayn really can't go, I'd do the triple threat with Bálor, Breeze and Owens for the belt. Don't think I'd have Uhaa lose in his first match, nor would I want to get the belt off Kevin right now.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

I don't know what would be the problem of Uhaa jobbing on his first match to the champion. You don't have a lot of NXT guys to fill this spot so it's either him, Crowe, Jordan or maybe Joe.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

I hope the Chad Gable thing gets its TV start after Takeover.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

didn't that entire stable get scrapped?
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Sandy Fork wrote:didn't that entire stable get scrapped?
Two of the members showed up on NXT recently. But maybe they have.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

The gimmick is at least scrapped on the house show circuit according to the reports. But Fulton and Dawkins are still tagging.
boourns

Post by boourns »

Joe has to debut on the next Takeover special right? I heard June but I think with the injuries they will need him ASAP.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

boourns wrote:Joe has to debut on the next Takeover special right? I heard June but I think with the injuries they will need him ASAP.
They don't need Joe. They have Uhaa debuting soon as well as guys like Chad Gable and others still waiting for their shots. Plus Soloman Crowe could still be pushed to a top slot.

Losing Itami and Sami does hurt but they can fill their roles with the talent they have. Of course I'd still like to see Joe come in.
boourns

Post by boourns »

Uhaa and Gable are fine, but Joe is a name. He is pretty much a lock to come in, so why not bring him in earlier. He is far more important than anyone else they are waiting to debut.

And Soloman Crowe has not been very impressive so far.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

So this is the newest NXT female wrestler

Holy shit
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Cousin of the Rock that one is right there.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

If anything I think the problem with Indy wrestlers may be that they wait too long to go to WWE. I guess they are too busy listening to WWE hating internet fans and overly concerned with getting over with that crowd. They also spend too much time listening to bitter people who use to work for WWE. What happens after that is they either go to WWE or want to go to WWE when it's too late.

Either they go there when their bodies have been banged up after years of punishment and the rug gets pulled out from under them due to injuries once WWE decides to give them their moment. Or WWE will not want them and think they are damaged goods when it cones time for them to want to make the WWE move.

The recent situations with Bryan, Owens, Itami and Zayn needs to be a message to Indy wrestlers. Do what ever it takes to get into WWE now before it's too late. Go before you are too banged up and forget about being an internet rebel or listening to bitter WWE people who have their own agendas. Also, don't believe the hype about these newer companies who are supposedly the future and take into consideration on whether or not they are truly viable for the long term.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

So you're pretty convinced Owens, Zayn's, and Itami's injuries were all due to wear and tear?

Zayn and Itami maybe but Owen's injury was pretty minor.
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

Yeah I think it is jumping to conclusions a little bit to say all these former indy guys are getting hurt because their so banged up before they get to WWE. This is just one example but Mojo Rawley didn't see one indy match and he'd been out with an injury for a heck of a long time.
D2Kvirus

Post by D2Kvirus »

lariat_tubman wrote:Yeah I think it is jumping to conclusions a little bit to say all these former indy guys are getting hurt because their so banged up before they get to WWE. This is just one example but Mojo Rawley didn't see one indy match and he'd been out with an injury for a heck of a long time.
It's a theory that was trotted out quite a bit this time last year, saying how it's ROH's fault that AmDrag had to relinquish the WWE Championship, and the logic is riddled with errors.

The most obvious flaw is that, at the time, he'd been with WWE for four years, so it needs to be asked at which point does wear and tear stop being ROH's fault and start being WWE's fault? The statistics certainly make interesting reading on this, given that ProFightDB lists him wrestling 550 matches on the indies and Japan between 2001-9, yet 616 in WWE since 2010. When somebody wrestles as many matches in four years working for WWE than they did working the indies in eight, that points the wear and tear finger straight at WWE - especially when you consider he wasn't hitting diving headbutts two or three times a week on the indies, yet he was in WWE.

The second flaw is the argument is when you look at the injury records of guys like Orton, Edge, or Batista - all of them worked with WWE their entire careers yet were injury prone (as are Christian and Angle, who worked both WWE and TNA), so there is no way you can't blame the WWE schedule for their habitual injury problems.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Edge had like 3-4 years on the independents before signing with the E. But I get what you are saying.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

According to Cagematch, which has a lot more data, he's wrestled 852 matches since joining WWE, and 736 before it.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15