NJPW Thread

Discuss all things related to NJPW here
SamoaNOAH

Re: The NJPW Thread

Post by SamoaNOAH »

Shook1 wrote:So all NINE G1 events are available in a package deal on USTREAM. $150, a little over $16 per.
Oh to be single again and have the time to watch ...
LigerSword

Post by LigerSword »

This is a really well done fansub. The material is a bit old(right before Invasion Attack), but this is nothing short of quality.
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

SamoaNOAH wrote:
Shook1 wrote:So all NINE G1 events are available in a package deal on USTREAM. $150, a little over $16 per.
Oh to be single again and have the time to watch ...
The time thing is what is stopping me from ordering. I just don't think I will be able to catch them all live.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Not sure if everyone has heard (or knows) but Tenzan & Kojima, who are the current IWGP Tag Team Champions in Japan, are coming to Texas in October to wrestle for the NWA, so if you live in the US and are a fan of New Japan, this is an opportunity to see some NJPW stars.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Not sure if everyone has heard (or knows) but Tenzan & Kojima, who are the current IWGP Tag Team Champions in Japan, are coming to Texas in October to wrestle for the NWA, so if you live in the US and are a fan of New Japan, this is an opportunity to see some NJPW stars.
Hope they get booked for an ROH show. Would be kind of stupid to come all the way over to America to wrestle only for NWA.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

fm20000 wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Not sure if everyone has heard (or knows) but Tenzan & Kojima, who are the current IWGP Tag Team Champions in Japan, are coming to Texas in October to wrestle for the NWA, so if you live in the US and are a fan of New Japan, this is an opportunity to see some NJPW stars.
Hope they get booked for an ROH show. Would be kind of stupid to come all the way over to America to wrestle only for NWA.
Those NWA shows are the 18th & 19th. The closest show ROH currently has to that is Glory By Honor XII in Chicago on the 26th so if those two don't have anything else going on & are willing to stay in the US for a week then it's possible.
JSP

Post by JSP »

fm20000 wrote:
Well New Japan and NWA have a working relationship, so there's a reason for it.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

But New Japan also appears to have something worked out with ROH which is why we're bringing it up.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

If IWGP tag champs comes to ROH,
I hope title move to Devitt&Anderson or Tonga.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

If I'm honest, I wouldn't really enjoy seeing TenKoji in ROH. I rarely enjoy their matches
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

I think I'm gonna start watching the NJPW iPPV's like I keep up with WWE, TNA, and ROH PPV/iPPV. Does anyone have a list of the PPV's/iPPV's from NJPW this year?

Also, ROH
Spoiler: show
I hope Forever Hooligans defend the ROH World Tag Titles in NJPW against some of the talent their. Would really elevate the prestige of the belts in my opinion.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Mike Adamle wrote:I think I'm gonna start watching the NJPW iPPV's like I keep up with WWE, TNA, and ROH PPV/iPPV. Does anyone have a list of the PPV's/iPPV's from NJPW this year?

Also, ROH
I hope Forever Hooligans defend the ROH World Tag Titles in NJPW against some of the talent their. Would really elevate the prestige of the belts in my opinion.
Hmm

Jan - Wrestle Kingdom
Fab - The New Beginning
March - New Japan Cup Finals
April - Invasion Attack
May - Dontaku
June - Dominion
July - Kizuna Road
MOOSE!
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Awesome, thanks bro, I'll share my thoughts/ratings here.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Mike you definitely should watch the shows. NJPW is the best wrestling product in the World right now. I'll rank the PPVs for you.
1: Wrestle Kingdom
2: Dominion
3: Invasion Attack
4: The New Beginning
5: Kizuna Road
6: New Japan Cup Finals
7: Dontaku

So you really need to go out of your way to watch Wrestle Kingdom, Invasion Attack and Dominion. The 3 best wrestling PPVs this year. If you want to watch all of the PPVs, that's fine too. Definitely start at Wrestle Kingdom.

On those shows is the following
Wrestle Kingdom Okada/Tanahashi + Nakamura/Sakuraba, New Beginning Tanahashi/Anderson, New Japan Cup Finals Okada/Goto, Invasion Attack Okada/Tanahashi, Dominion Goto/Shibata + Suzuki and Benjamin vs Nakamura/Ishii +Time Splitters/Forever Hooligans and Kizuna Road Okada/Devitt.
Literally the best matches you will see anywhere. Especially if you like realistic wrestling with no bullshit no-selling/fighting spirit spots 10 times in one match. The fact that more people want to get into NJPW gets me soooo happy if you couldn't already tell. Enjoy dude!
Don'tTalkJustWrestle

Post by Don'tTalkJustWrestle »

I think the current tours that many NJPW wrestlers are doing at this present time is a way for the New Japan to promote its product around the world (especially with the success of their IPPV's). The working with promotions based in America, incuding ROH and NWA, is a great way of promoting the product, and something which is common in Japan (most of the promotions work together). We in the UK are even getting Tanahashi in October.
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

Invasion Attack, Kingdom, and Dominion are my favorite this year so far. Waiting on my copy of the 7/20 Kizuna Road Akita to get here. I liked the 7/5 Kizuna Road too.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

NJPW G1 Climax 2013 Day One Review:

1. G1 Climax – Block B: Kota Ibushi vs. Toru Yano - **1/4

2. G1 Climax – Block A: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Lance Archer - ***3/4

3. G1 Climax – Block B: Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Shelton Benjamin - **3/4

4. G1 Climax – Block A: Katsuyori Shibata vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr. - ***1/2

5. G1 Climax – Block B: Tetsuya Naito vs. Yujiro Takahashi - **

6. G1 Climax – Block B: Yuji Nagata vs. Minoru Suzuki - ***1/2

7. G1 Climax – Block A: Togi Makabe vs. Hirooki Goto - ***1/2

8. G1 Climax – Block B: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Karl Anderson - ***3/4-****

9. G1 Climax – Block A: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Satoshi Kojima - ***1/2 (Great match but I hated the finish)

10. G1 Climax – Block A: Kazuchika Okada vs. Prince Devitt - ***1/2

Awesome show, the only match I thought wasn't good was Naito/Takahashi, but other then that - great. Wasn't expecting DAY ONE to be that good.
MOOSE!
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

About to start my NJPW journey off with Day 1 of the G1 Climax, I'll let you guys know what I think of it!
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
stay gold

Post by stay gold »

DieHard wrote:NJPW G1 Climax 2013 Day One Review:
9. G1 Climax – Block A: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Satoshi Kojima - ***1/2 (Great match but I hated the finish)
Yeah, it was getting really good but the last lariat didn't look so effective, and the ref totally botched the ending. Other than that, really good stuff.
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

Tanahashi vs. Ishii is my favorite match this year.