NJPW Thread

Discuss all things related to NJPW here
dhads7161

Re: The NJPW Thread

Post by dhads7161 »

Do you see the HW tag titles being hot potatoed on the tour? Same match on the big shows without the titles changing in Fukushima and/or Hiroshima or unless they have wild no contest finishes what is th point in the match being on each show?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

dhads7161 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:43 am Do you see the HW tag titles being hot potatoed on the tour? Same match on the big shows without the titles changing in Fukushima and/or Hiroshima or unless they have wild no contest finishes what is th point in the match being on each show?
Definitely. Although I don't see the purpose of that either. The HW tag title scene in NJPW sucks. When the team of Ishii and Yano (not a knock against Ishii who I like a lot) were your tag team champions earlier this year, you know it's in trouble. Hopefully The Chosen Bros. will get over and do some good things when they arrive.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:21 pm
dhads7161 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:43 am Do you see the HW tag titles being hot potatoed on the tour? Same match on the big shows without the titles changing in Fukushima and/or Hiroshima or unless they have wild no contest finishes what is th point in the match being on each show?
Definitely. Although I don't see the purpose of that either. The HW tag title scene in NJPW sucks. When the team of Ishii and Yano (not a knock against Ishii who I like a lot) were your tag team champions earlier this year, you know it's in trouble. Hopefully The Chosen Bros. will get over and do some good things when they arrive.
Wish they would put the straps on EVIL & Sanada and leave them there for awhile or just let the Bucks go and unify the divisions because the Jr. division is just as much a joke.
If them holding the trios titles us the issue just take the trios straps off them (lot of options to dethrone them Bullet Club trio, Suzukigun trio, Taguchi Japan trio, CHAOS trio, or trios combinations of Tenzan, Kojima, Liger, Nagata, Elgin, Juice, Makabe, Nakanishi, Kitamura, Ibushi, etc) and gasp...put the Jr. straps on Bushi & Hiromu while you're at it don't have a problem with the Bucks but I think they need a good chase rather than reigns at this point.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Should Elgin have beaten Suzuki for the NEVER title? Or was this something more underhanded? Elgin is on bad terms with ROH. Suzuki is coming in face Cody. I feel Suzuki could have dropped the title to Elgin and it wouldn't have meant shit. It would have been a non-issue for the PPV match. Just speculating and wondering what anyone else thinks about this.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

Spoiler: show
OMEGA retain US Title.
YOSHI-HASHI come for titlematch.
We can say Do it at Global Wars.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Pretty disappointing main event by Okada's standards.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:08 pm Pretty disappointing main event by Okada's standards.
Yup. The crowd just didn't believe in EVIL's offense despite the match's cool setpieces.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Where do you think NJPW will go with the junior heavyweight titles in the Tokyo Dome? Looks like they've teased Ospreay vs. Scurll for the singles but since Taguchi & Ricochet lost the tag titles I would love to see Ospreay vs. Ricochet in the Tokyo Dome. Where would the ace of the juniors fit though? Maybe captaining a team vs. Bullet Club in a clusterfuck tag? Perhaps Kushida challenges for the ROH title if they have it defended again this year? Don't forget Hiromu either. A real dream scenario would see Sabre join the junior heavyweight fold and see Ospreay vs. Scurll vs. Sabre for it.

With the tag titles there's the Bucks as challengers which by now is just the lazy way to book. I'd really like to see Hiromu & Bushi challenge for them. Maybe Kushida and somebody like Taguchi, Finlay, or Jay White. Maybe the MCMG go over to challenge. There are also Suzukigun members.
Lots of awesome sounding possibilities with the juniors for January 4.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

If Junior tag titles in the Tokyo Dome become 4-way like usual,
SHO&YOH(CHAOS)
BUSHI&Hiromu(LIJ)
Somebody(Suzuki-gun)
TAGUCHI&ACH(Taguchi-Japan) will be out.

Kushida for Jr title again?
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Probably depends on who wins Junior tag tournament. Roppongi 3000 is in it so maybe they win and face the Bucks.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

ICYMI, Real Neat Puro has been making some excellent videos for at least the past year. This video is probably his best; includes a breakdown of championship booking, tour narratives, the role of factions, and flashy stats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcxPCrBa4zY
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

From the looks of the WK12 poster the tag title match will be Goto & Ishii vs. EVIL & Sanada.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

It's what I want to see as Final of WorldTagLeague next month.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Thank jesus. Any more combinations of a War Machine/Killer Elite Squad/Guerrillas of Destiny match and I'd blow my brains out.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Politics of this match are fascinating. I imagine Jericho pushed for it more than Omega because he (Jericho) didn't want to wait the 1 or 2 years until Omega maybe signs and Jericho maybe isn't in a position for high profile singles matches anymore. But I haven't seen any Omega shoots, maybe he's a big Jericho mark and / or knows he isn't going to WWE. Even if Jericho wanted to do it, it seems unlikely he would do it without WWE giving their okay. But are they for it, thinking it will get them over with Omega? Are they doing it as a favor to Jericho against their better judgment? Do they just not care about New Japan ? And then you get into New Japan's involvement level. Did Omega and Jericho book this themselves then go to New Japan? Did New Japan have a list of American / Canadian guys they could maybe book and just call guys until they got a yes? Did Jericho work out a deal to do this match if New Japan let's Omega do a rematch on Jericho"s dumb boat thing? Man, I'd watch the shit out of a shoot on how this thing came together, hopefully Jericho talks honestly about it on his podcast this week and doesn't kayfabe it.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

Cody vs. Ibushi for WK12
It's ROH world title if Cody retain.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

a) I'm gutted that Omega vs. Ibushi is not happening (Kenny wore those fucking tights at G1--how could this happen?!). Omega vs. Jericho is the wildest thing imaginable, especially at the Dome. Truthfully, New Japan reverting back to its aptitude to host a celebrity athlete at the Tokyo Dome is refreshing, but I just wish it wasn't Omega this year, even though this is a match of two ultra similar wrestling characters in different eras. I would have loved Tanahashi/Jericho and Kenny/Jay White.

b) Cody vs. Ibushi is a match. If the title is on the line, at least it should get a better reaction that the last two years of WOH World Title defenses.

c) Jay White is the only unaligned star heel on the roster. He'll probably end up in some faction, right? Bullet Club seems way to busy, and I think that shift would be too well patterned/signposted for it to be meaningful. LIJ would be pretty interesting, especially as the only gaijin. Suzuki-gun seems very possible, especially as they lack a top star (let's not kid ourselves of Minoru's spot these days) and have already established Zack Sabre Jr. as a gaijin.

d) More on Jay White, I love his poshness. I want him to out-senpai Okada.
Athleticgeek89

Post by Athleticgeek89 »

I just wonder how long it will be before Cody is kicked out of Bullet Club or how long until that explodes. I mean on one hand it’s selling so much merch you don’t want to break up the team but on the other hand how much slower can the burn be before Cody and Omega explode?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NJPW World has been pretty unbearable lately. It tends to only buffer a few seconds of video at a time, then stop and let the video catch up. Then it has to buffer again.

No issues streaming on Hulu, Fite TV, Netflix (in 4K), Amazon, or even ROH's crappy website in terms of buffering. 100 meg download speeds on a directly wired connection.

Frustrating. Hopefully I don't have any issues watching Wrestle Kingdom.