NJPW Thread

Discuss all things related to NJPW here
SweetDaddy

Re: The NJPW Thread

Post by SweetDaddy »

John Cena posted a pic of Kenny Omega on his instagram today.

He posted a pic of AJ Styles when WWE signed him.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Omega has another year left according to VoW
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Omega isn't going anywhere. This rumor of him leaving is a non-story.
King of Indy Style

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Omega isn't going anywhere. This rumor of him leaving is a non-story.

Yeah. It's just Cena being a trollish jackass.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Omega isn't going anywhere. This rumor of him leaving is a non-story.

Yeah. It's just Cena being a trollish jackass.
Agreed. Omega doesn't have too many kind words for the WWE corporate monolith. Cena is just politicking.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Cena definitely trolling.

If WWE signed Omega and debuted him as a surprise at the Rumble AJ Styles style, 3/4 of the damn crowd would think it's the return of Domino. Cliff Compton would be glowing at home.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

I thought it was only Omega wouldn't go to NewJapan 3months
Because other ELITE members are busy for ROH until April 1st.
King of Indy Style

I only recognized recently how absolutely down I am for a Minoru Suzuki IWGP Title reign
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here are the cards for the two New Beginning shows:

The New Beginning in Sapporo
Sapporo, Japan 2/5/17

- IWGP Heavyweight Title - "Rainmaker" Kazuchika Okada vs. Minoru Suzuki
- IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Titles - Three-Way Match - CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano) vs. G.B.H. (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma) vs. The Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.)
- NEVER Openweight Title - Hirooki Goto vs. Juice Robinson
- IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Titles - Roppongi Vice vs. Suzuki-gun (Taka Michinoku & Taichi)
- Ten-Man Tag - Hiroshi Tanahashi, Dragon Lee, "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin, Manabu Nakanishi, & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (IWGP Intercontinental Champion Tetsuya Naito, IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion Hiromu Takahashi, BUSHI, EVIL, & SANADA)
- Takashi Iizuka vs. YOSHI-HASHI
- Six-Man Tag - Katsuyori Shibata, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, & Tiger Mask vs. CHAOS (Will Ospreay, Gedo, & Jado)
- Six-Man Tag - Yuji Nagata, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs. David Finlay, Henare, & Yoshitatsu
- KUSHIDA & Hirai Kawato vs. Suzuki-gun (El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)

The New Beginning in Osaka
Osaka, Japan 2/11/17

- IWGP Intercontinental Title - Tetsuya Naito vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin
- IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title - Hiromu Takahashi vs. Dragon Lee
- IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Titles - Three-Way Match - CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano) vs. G.B.H. (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma) vs. The Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.)
- RPW Undisputed British Heavyweight Title - Katsuyori Shibata vs. Will Ospreay
- NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Titles - Hiroshi Tanahashi, Manabu Nakanishi, & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, EVIL, & SANADA)
- Six-Man Tag - CHAOS ("Rainmaker" Kazuchika Okada & Roppongi Vice) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Taka Michinoku, & Taichi)
- Eight-Man Tag - Yuji Nagata, Juice Robinson, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, & Tiger Mask vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, YOSHI-HASHI, Gedo, & Jado)
- Six-Man Tag - KUSHIDA, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, & Satoshi Kojima vs. Suzuki-gun (El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, & Takashi Iizuka)
- Yoshitatsu & Hirai Kawato vs. David Finlay & Henare

It's interesting to note that The Bullet Club is completely absent from this tour. It's not just Kenny Omega.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Brada

Post by Brada »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
It's interesting to note that The Bullet Club is completely absent from this tour. It's not just Kenny Omega.
With Suzuki-Gun around, you get the same antics..
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

So this morning I watched the airing of the Kenny Omega/Kazuchika Okada on AXS. This was my 1st time viewing it. Was it 6 stars? That's subjective. Holy fuck it was an easy 5 star match for sure. These guys threw the gauntlet down for every wrestler to try and top the rest of the year. And for that I say good luck.

Omega, in particular, was fucking mind blowing. You can tell that Kenny was in wrestling nirvana. He has lived for this moment and he was going to kill himself in that ring if he had to. What a fucking match these guys had. They just kept hitting another gear and when I realized they were 45 minutes in I couldn't believe the pace they still had. It was definitely worth the hype.

Okada maybe the champion still but Kenny Omega is the guy everyone is talking about. Its a great idea to have Kenny fade out for awhile. What the fuck are going to do with him after THAT performance. No, I would sit on him until the next G1 Climax Tournament, have him win it again, and do it all over again for next year.

Lastly, if aliens came to earth and wanted an example of a professional wrestling match, I very possibly would have to show them this match.
ROHfan2002

Post by ROHfan2002 »

Is NJPW World worth getting? I've never really watched New Japan but have an interest in trying it out. Would love any thoughts anybody could give.

Hopefully somebody who knows New Japan and has the service will respond. I'd appreciate that.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

I'm a year and a half or so into NJPW and since several of ROH's good hands have left its the best pure wrestling non sports entertainment option going. Give it time. It might not hook you at first but it'll grow on you.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NJPW is the best promotion in the world right now in my opinion, and the only thing that's close is Lucha Underground. ROH is a distant third at this point, but I still like it way more than CMLL/AAA/WWE/TNA/NOAH.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

ROHfan2002 wrote:Is NJPW World worth getting? I've never really watched New Japan but have an interest in trying it out. Would love any thoughts anybody could give.

Hopefully somebody who knows New Japan and has the service will respond. I'd appreciate that.
Well if you're into New Japan with English Commentary, then you're in luck, because they're doing A LOT of English Commentary this year:

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So George Carroll, who used to work for ROH, is now working for New Japan:
@GCarroll77 21m21 minutes ago
As of Jan 27, 2017 I have officially signed with @njpw1972 This is a dream come true. Alot of work ahead that I am ready for! Get ready!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Suzuki-Gun is completely shut out last night? WTF? I don't understand that shit at all. Meltzer is high on the main event. Wondering if anyone has seen that and echoes those sentiments. If so, is that putting Okada as an early candidate for WOTY?
King of Indy Style

I echo that, yeah. It's not as good as the Omega match of course but it was absolutely fantastic. Easily ****3/4.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote:I echo that, yeah. It's not as good as the Omega match of course but it was absolutely fantastic. Easily ****3/4.
Do you think they fucked up with Suzuki-Gun not winning shit?