The PWX Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Memphis Mark

Re: The PWX Thread

Post by Memphis Mark »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Wanted to bring this thread up again because PWX is doing a Classic War Games Match in a few weeks! It will be Team Xperience (John Skyler, Corey Hollis, Adam Page, Gunner, & CW Anderson with Steve Corino) vs. Team Revolt! (Caleb Konley, Zane Riley, Jake Manning, & The Bravado Brothers):

Also announced for the show is Lio Rush vs. JT Dunn, the return of Chris Hero, Ethan Case vs. Elijah Evans IV, and a Six-Way Ladder Match.

It would be great if Jack Victory rolled out in his wheel chair to help coach Corino's team.
parjustin

Post by parjustin »

Did anyone attend this show? Looked great on paper...
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

I don't know how many people know about it I may open a thread for it but Highspots.com has an on demand similar to WWE Network and it has a ton of PWX shows including this war games match on it. It is $9.99 a month and has over 140 pwg shows, 80 czw, 35 iwa ms, a bunch of NEW, FIP, ECW fancams, all the kevin steen shows, over 120 shoots, and tons more. It is an amazing service and I recommend it to everyone.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

thanks for the heads up on that stuff.
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

Is that REALLY the Man Scout? :lol:
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

I just watched my first PWX show , X-16 Night 1 . The wrestling was good , everyone worked hard. The only negative was the play by play guy . Instead of calling the matches the guys yells and screams during the whole show., . He has a very high pitched voice that really got on my nerves . PWX really needs to find a sold play by play man . This guy makes Gabe Sapolsky sound like Lance Russell or Gordon Solie .

PWX reminds me of the early days of PWG , you know when they still booked the Ballard Brothers.. The card had pros like Tommaso Ciampa , Cedric Alexander and Ricochet . Then they added top young talents like Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett , Shane Strickland , David Starr and Adam Page. There were some guys on the card that are underrated like Tim Donst and Caleb Konley . I had not seen Konley in a couple of years , he had a solid match with Ciampa . Then you had some locals that should not have been booked for this tournament.

This event is worth a look if you have the Highspots VOD service or pick up the DVDs on sale .
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Memphis Mark wrote: The card had pros like Tommaso Ciampa , Cedric Alexander and Ricochet . Then they added top young talents like Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett , Shane Strickland , David Starr and Adam Page. There were some guys on the card that are underrated like Tim Donst and Caleb Konley . I had not seen Konley in a couple of years , he had a solid match with Ciampa . Then you had some locals that should not have been booked for this tournament. .
Actually PWX was where Cedric, Konley, Page, Everett (wrestling as the Chiva Kid) and Lee (All the way back when he was one of the FAGs... Um. Fun Atheltic Guys) got their start and were regulars there. They would basically all qualify as 'locals' on the cards as well. PWX was one of those promotions that was pretty underrated back in the day.

But as to the newer guys that shouldn't have been booked, probably the hope is they'll turn out like some of the others guys that started out green with them and turned out good (Lee really comes to mind as he was not... good early on) Everett was pretty much a flip machine under the mask. Even Page needed a good bit of seasoning before he was more than an early card guy.

And as a side note, PWX was where the Dojo Bros first appeared. Cole got into a feud with Konley while Roddy and Eddie were hating on The Great Outdoorsmen (Jake Manning and, yep, Grizzly Redwood). What Doesn't Kill You 2. Also had Cedric vs Davey Richards, and Kyle O'Reily against Chip Day. I even liked the Lodi match on it vs. John Skyler (actually I've been really liking Skyler of late). It's older and a bit cheaper
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

I have been watching the occasional PWX show on highspots VOD and agree with Memphis Mark. The one big negative is the commentary with the High pitched Shrieks. I thought at first it was a one time thing with the guy yelling "AHHHHHHHHHHH" But it happened over and over throughout the show and almost made it unwatchable. I decided to try another show and I think they had someone else doing commentary because it wasn't half as bad.

One of the best things about the highspots vod is you can check out shows you otherwise wouldn't for a low price. I decided to watch a few matches in the Cedric Alexander series and was pretty impressed. Also was able to catch some good Kevin Steen matches from PWX as well. If they can put a stop to the annoying commentary they could go far.