The PWX Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
DBSommer

Re: The PWX Thread

Post by DBSommer »

From PWPonderings

Premiere Wrestling Xperience Presents: Taken by Force
January 18, 2014
Hickory, North Carolina

Mr. Elite Drew Myers def Chase Brown with a German suplex

Kyle Matthews def Kyle O’Reilly via submission with the royal octopus

Lance Lude & Dos Ben Dejos def Ethan Case, Elijah Evans IV, & John Skyler when when Cruz pins Evans w a springboard 450

Kevin Steen def Jake Manning after interference from John Skyler and a package piledriver

Corey Hollis def Davey Richards with a roll up out of an ankle lock

Cedric Alexander def Michael Elgin with a double leg roll up after a buckle bomb

Amber O’Neal & Doc Gallows def Amanda Rodriguez & Zane Riley with a x factor

PWX Title
Caleb Konley def Rich Swann with the ‘O’ Face to retain the title

Sounds like a heck of a card.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Review for PWX Climbing the Ladder

John Silver & Alex Reynolds vs. Zane Riley & Derek Ryze

Ryze looks green as hell and despite hearing a lot about the Beaver Boys, they do not impress me tonight

Steven Walters vs. Lance Lude

Yeah, one half of the Set. Still not good. Walters on the other hand has potential.

Country Jacked (Corey Hollis & Adam Page) vs. Rich Swann & Andrew Everett

Curiously, the improvised team looks better than the regulars. But Swann and Everett are top notch

Su Yung & Amber O' Neal vs. Amanda Rodriguez & Leva Bates

I felt entertained. **1/2

Tony Nese vs. Caleb Konley - PWX Title Match

There were some rough spots early on, but then they started to click. My first time seeing Nese in action, and he did what any wrestler wants to do: make me want to see him again

***1/2 and nearly 3/4

"Man Scout" Jake Manning & ??? vs. John Skyler & ??? - Pick Your Partner Challenge

Skyler picks the iTV champ, Mr Elite while Manning picks... Chris Hamrick?!! Only for a vet he doesn't look like an old timer. Nice match that could have bombed

***1/4

Chris Hero vs. Cedric Alexander - Dream Match Series

This is what sold me, and it was worth the price. Very nice paced match with no dull moments. I pray they release the Cedric Dream Matches on a collection so everyone can buy it. He has delivered every time I've seen it.

***3/4

Worst Case Scenario vs. Los Ben Dejos - Ladder Match for the PWX Tag Team Titles

Nice Ladder Match. Brutal but it works. Good ME ***1/2
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

PEOPLE FOLLOW AND LIKE PWX'S FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!

IF THEY GET TO 3000 ON EITHER ON THEY'LL RELEASE AJ VS. CED ON YOUTUBE!!!

GO NOW!
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

!!!!
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

Cedric/AJ was pretty disappointing. The had a nice backstory with Cedric knowing everything about AJ, which leads to him having an answer for almost everything AJ had to offer, but other than that the match wasn't anything special. Was expecting them to go all-out.
MOOSE!
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

I kind of agree with Diehard. I did get a kick out of it just because it was 2 of my faves having a match that went a while, but it was the weakest of the Dream Series matches I've seen. I'd say it was solid, and went by quickly for me considering it was 25 minutes or so. But I would recommend the Lethal, Ciampa, and Hero matches Cedric had before this one.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

So at the upcoming Rise of a Champion we'll have

Dojo Bros Presents: 'Eddie and the Edwards' (Roderick Strong & Trent?)

My new favorite tag name. Looks like it'll be a heck of a card with Cedric and Konley going at it as well. And isn't this the third team Trent is working with, along with Nese as the Premiere Athletic Brand and Chuck Taylor as Best Friends?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Eddie and the Edwards vs. The Panda Express. BOOK IT!! SOMEBODY!!
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

Spoiler for ROAC IX Weekend:
Spoiler: show
Caleb Konley isn't getting much recognition for a year long reign after this weekend.
Hope he starts getting recognized by ROH and given bookings. He floats around DGUSA as a mid-card act. He easily one of the best wrestlers in PWX, and DELIVERED against Cole a year ago. Corey Hollis, Adam Page, and Alexander all have deals with ROH with two of them being used big time at 12YA and the other had a halfway decent run in TTPT. Does Konley have heat with someone?
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Mattxx87 wrote:
Spoiler: show
Caleb Konley isn't getting much recognition for a year long reign after this weekend.
Hope he starts getting recognized by ROH and given bookings. He floats around DGUSA as a mid-card act. He easily one of the best wrestlers in PWX, and DELIVERED against Cole a year ago. Corey Hollis, Adam Page, and Alexander all have deals with ROH with two of them being used big time at 12YA and the other had a halfway decent run in TTPT. Does Konley have heat with someone?
I don't think he has anything to offer them they don't already have. The TTPT is a perfect example. Kongo, Rowe, and Hanson were all big guys. Cheeseburger and RT have history with the company, Everett is a high flyer which they need, and Hollis had been on a number of earlier cards. While I like Konley, there's nothing to really about him that makes you tell him from, say Taven or Adam Page, who they don't do a lot with. I'd rather see him given a push myself than bring someone new in.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

Doesn't Konley have a contract with Gabe?
Mattxx87
Banned
Banned

Post by Mattxx87 »

He might and that would explain a lot. I'm just surprised other people don't. The only two others would be what.. Gargano and Ricochet? He lets them play around where ever they want to appear (except ROH of course which is sad). I just feel Konley is extremely overrated, and he's on par if not better than all the other guys at PWX who have been given a chance to shine in either PWG or ROH, and Konley is stuck as a midcard act in DGUSA, whenever he can get booked. That's why I was curious if he had heat with someone.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Conley vs. Alexander at Rise of a Champion was really good. I don't really do star ratings, but if I did it'd definitely be over ****.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Just got the Cedric Alexander Dream Series. Buy it. It's fantastic. All the best talent on the indies given time to have great matches. All the matches are very good to great.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

DBSommer wrote:Just got the Cedric Alexander Dream Series. Buy it. It's fantastic. All the best talent on the indies given time to have great matches. All the matches are very good to great.
That DVD is on my list of DVD's to get. I've heard great things about the Dream Series and I'm glad they put it into a DVD.
cviens

Post by cviens »

I am surprised I just heard of them considering they're here in NC. Lots of people seem to think highly of them, so that's a good sign.
xOZx2010

Post by xOZx2010 »

Reviving this thread a little bit, because PWX just ran their first show of 2015 in Hickory, NC at the Hickory National Guard Armory this past Saturday evening (17th) and it was phenomenal. It placed them in very good positioning to be the top promotion in NC by the end of this year, bar none.

Their next show is in Winston-Salem, NC at Ziggy's on iPPV on February 22nd (the day after the Atlanta ROH show) and it's already freaking loaded and they've only announced two matches thus far.

THE YOUNG BUCKS are coming in to face Country Jacked (Adam Page and Corey Hollis) and Worst Case Scenario (Elijah Evans IV and Ethan Case) for the PWX Tag Titles. Should be a barn-burner.

"The Southern Savior" John Skyler is taking on Anthony Henry in what should be a feud ending Street Fight between them, after they've been at each other's throats nearly a year now. Henry is one of the best "new" talents I've seen lately, and if he doesn't go far in the wrestling business something's wrong. Same goes for Skyler. Jobbing to the Ascension in a squash on Main Event doesn't count. =P

We still have Caleb Konley to be booked against somebody, Cedric Alexander is the current PWX Champion and should be there defending said Championship.. man.. just a stacked card and a talented locker room.

I'm excited. Highspots will be presenting the iPPV on February 22nd if you can't join us.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Yeah, this definitely needed to be revived. I've missed a lot of PWX from last year, as I starting buying a lot from Smart Mark and less from Highspots, but i'm going to back track and pick up what i've missed.

They also had Drew Galloway and Magnus on their last show, which obviously is always a plus.
three482

Post by three482 »

I'll be there front row. Rumors started circulating almost a while back about the Young Bucks coming to PWX, so I'm very happy to finally see it happen.

With just under a month until the show, PWX has already sold out the first row & most of the second. I'd love for them to add 1 or 2 guys from the ROH show in Atlanta the night before, but with tickets selling that well, I don't know why they would bother.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Wanted to bring this thread up again because PWX is doing a Classic War Games Match in a few weeks! It will be Team Xperience (John Skyler, Corey Hollis, Adam Page, Gunner, & CW Anderson with Steve Corino) vs. Team Revolt! (Caleb Konley, Zane Riley, Jake Manning, & The Bravado Brothers):

Also announced for the show is Lio Rush vs. JT Dunn, the return of Chris Hero, Ethan Case vs. Elijah Evans IV, and a Six-Way Ladder Match.