The PWG Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Re: The PWG Thread

Post by classic-cabana »

Any UKers ordered from PWG before? What's the service like?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

classic-cabana wrote:Any UKers ordered from PWG before? What's the service like?
PWG direct is not trustworthy, but highspots goes through customs so you have to pay an arm and a leg in fees from what I've been told.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

supersonic wrote:
classic-cabana wrote:Any UKers ordered from PWG before? What's the service like?
PWG direct is not trustworthy, but highspots goes through customs so you have to pay an arm and a leg in fees from what I've been told.
Thanks for the tip on PWG, what's the deal with them? I've ordered from highspots before and the shipping was ridiculous.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

PWG is a bunch of carnies and you have to harass them personally/contact your bank for a dispute in order to get your DVDs. This doesn't happen with every order, but it happened with me on my first order and I've done highspots/ebay ever since. Ask around and you will find plenty of customers who had the same experience.
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

One person has had one bad experience. So take that for what it's worth. Especially since the source is...supersonic.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Mr. Small Package wrote:One person has had one bad experience. So take that for what it's worth. Especially since the source is...supersonic.
Why would I lie about this? What reasonable excuse would there be to take two fucking months to ship DVDs when none of them are a pre-order, and to blatantly lie in e-mails about them being shipped out on more than one occasion?
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

It is common knowledge that PWG's store is bad.
Lazyking

Post by Lazyking »

making me question getting a DVD and the new shirt you guys.. thanks lol.
SamoaNOAH

Post by SamoaNOAH »

JustSkiff wrote:It is common knowledge that PWG's store is bad.
Sadly, I agree. I had to beg and plead for them to get my last order right, but they stepped up and gave me a free DVD after weeks of unresponsiveness.

That doesn't really wreck anything for me, frankly. PWG is one of the coolest promotions out there, and the fact that they put on AMAZING shows on a regular basis in almost uncanny.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Might just get some from ROH and use my 15% off. I heard they were bad a few years back but I guess things havent improved since.
Rottenrocker
Banned
Banned

Post by Rottenrocker »

I've never had one problem with PWG's store in the years I've dealt with them. Every pre-ordered DVD comes within 2 weeks of it being released (I'm Canadian).
Admin note: User permanently banned.
musdy

Post by musdy »

Rottenrocker wrote:I've never had one problem with PWG's store in the years I've dealt with them. Every pre-ordered DVD comes within 2 weeks of it being released (I'm Canadian).
Same here, I had one bad experience with them but since than they have been great.
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

The point is one bad experience doesn't equate to every transaction with PWG being a hassle. I've never heard of any widespread problems by people that order through them. So it isn't "common knowledge".

I can certainly believe that living outside of the US you run more of a chance of getting your order screwed with, but I wouldn't condemn a company over a single slip-up.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

Mr. Small Package wrote:The point is one bad experience doesn't equate to every transaction with PWG being a hassle. I've never heard of any widespread problems by people that order through them. So it isn't "common knowledge".

I can certainly believe that living outside of the US you run more of a chance of getting your order screwed with, but I wouldn't condemn a company over a single slip-up.
I guess common knowledge was a stretch, since most people don't even know what PWG is. However, I am willing to bet that on any given wrestling message board there is probably 50% of posters on there have had bad experiences and 70% of posters have heard about bad experiences.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I was watching today old PWG shows and oh man i miss the old PWG with storylines and Chris Bosh :lol:
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Which old PWG? Prior to 2007, there were WAY too many instances in which guys were just coasting by. No match made me closer to giving up pro wrestling for good than SD/Davey vs. KOW.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

supersonic wrote:Which old PWG? Prior to 2007, there were WAY too many instances in which guys were just coasting by. No match made me closer to giving up pro wrestling for good than SD/Davey vs. KOW.
I meant 2003-07, Kevin Steen vs Super Dragon still my favorite feud in PWG i miss this days, now is imposible that a feud like that happen, they do good/awesome shows but the real PWG feel is lost.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

That's certainly one of the two greatest storylines PWG ever did, but I can't emphasize enough how lazy many of the performances were back then.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

Young Bucks vs Super Smash Bros. No DQ match for the Tag Titles off DTABM.

WATCH IT NOW. GO
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

It was an awesome brawl with a lot of crazy spots, i like that the Bucks were the ones that dominate the match with SSP doing comebacks, ****1/4 for me.

Steen asking BCT in their match if he would like to be his personal trainer was so fun :lol: