The PWG Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
DieHard

Re: The PWG Thread

Post by DieHard »

Didn't like KRR (maybe because i dislike DGUSA's style) and World's Finest was good but nothing memorable and man, the fans sucked hard. Let's hopes DDT 4 will be awesome as Fear.
MOOSE!
92Cannonball

Post by 92Cannonball »

i would just like to ask a question, are the pwg dvds sold on rohwrestling.com compatable for all dvd players? ie are the dvds region 0 or do they only work in the usa?
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

92Cannonball wrote:i would just like to ask a question, are the pwg dvds sold on rohwrestling.com compatable for all dvd players? ie are the dvds region 0 or do they only work in the usa?
Yes they are region 0. If you order them from PWG's actual website they state that in the DVD descriptions.
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

World's Finest was probably their worst show in a long time, it was still good though but the crowd really took away from the show in the second half. DDT4 looks amazing though, can't wait to see it.
cviens

Post by cviens »

I'm not sure how I feel about Brian Cage in the main event at Death To All But Metal. Smash Bros vs. Young Bucks, Elgin vs. Mack, and Generico vs. Ricochet should be good though.
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

I was unsure about it too, but it's a one time shot and I think he'll impress against a person like Kevin Steen.
radishman

Post by radishman »

I read that he really impressed prior to getting the title shot. Then again I'm very open to non-usual suspects getting chances to shine. Still dying for a Chucky T go at the top.
GrizzlyHorsemen

Post by GrizzlyHorsemen »

cviens wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about Brian Cage in the main event at Death To All But Metal. Smash Bros vs. Young Bucks, Elgin vs. Mack, and Generico vs. Ricochet should be good though.
I feel the same about everything you said. The first 2 shows of the year have been "good" but like others said nothing has been memorable, 2011 was their best year. I gave 6/10 shows a 9/10 which is rare, I thought for sure FEAR would get a 10/10 heading into the main event but I was a little let down by it. Really though I love PWG more than any indy, the amount of shows are perfect for a collector who wants to keep up on them and they always put on supercards.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

So anyone else seen DDT 4 yet? AMAZING show. Definitely check it out even if you're not a PWG fan.

Oh and ROH are so stupid for breaking up Future Shock. They proved in this tournament they are one of the best tag teams on the whole indy scene and ROH has both of them signed basically doing nothing right now.
WrestlingMatters

fm20000 wrote:So anyone else seen DDT 4 yet? AMAZING show. Definitely check it out even if you're not a PWG fan.

Oh and ROH are so stupid for breaking up Future Shock. They proved in this tournament they are one of the best tag teams on the whole indy scene and ROH has both of them signed basically doing nothing right now.
From top to bottom the best show of 2012 so far.

Future Shock looked great on this show, I can only enjoy O'Reilly when he's with Cole. Also, Super Smash Bros. were let go by ROH and now they're one of the best tag teams in the world.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyuK_JTu ... ture=g-u-u

Preview for Death to All but Metal...

Why is this company so good?
Lazyking

Post by Lazyking »

I'm going all in on PWG this year, I got to, their shows look amazing and I like that every show is treated like a big deal unlike ROH.
TelkEvolon

Post by TelkEvolon »

Don't even start trying to compare PWG to any other wrestling product.

It is amazing doing it's own thing, but compared with others it is extremely lacking and shallow.
"Each generation wants new symbols, new people, new names. They want to divorce themselves from their predecessors."

- Jim Morrison
Lazyking

Post by Lazyking »

That may be but you can't deny that Roh in terms of the shows has really taken a very halfs and half not approach. I wasn't trying to knock ROH, I'm still a fan, just looking for something different and I've always enjoyed PWG from what I've seen.

Does it have major feuds? no not really, but very few promotions even do those type of things right. I can count on one hand the amount of feuds that I've enjoyed in the last ten years from a whole sort of promotions.. maybe I'm too picky lol.
WrestlingMatters

They just announced Super Smash Brothers vs Young Bucks vs Future Shock in a Tag Team Title Ladder Match. Going back to the days of the crazy Hardys/Dudleys/E&C matches. This is going to be awesome.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

TelkEvolon wrote:Don't even start trying to compare PWG to any other wrestling product.

It is amazing doing it's own thing, but compared with others it is extremely lacking and shallow.
PWG has been miles better than ROH this year and it's not even close. You can whine about no storylines or whatever but the shows are top to bottom ENTERTAINING. They put out the matches and make booking decisions that the fans want to see. If you like great in ring wrestling and you watch a PWG show and aren't entertained there is something wrong with you. It's not like you don't already know the wrestlers considering 75% of them are in ROH or have been.
WrestlingMatters wrote:They just announced Super Smash Brothers vs Young Bucks vs Future Shock in a Tag Team Title Ladder Match. Going back to the days of the crazy Hardys/Dudleys/E&C matches. This is going to be awesome.
Do you see the rest of the card also???????? Willie Mack finally getting his title shot against Steen, Elgin vs Callihan should be a fucking stiff as hell war, and the rest of the card looks good as hell too.
Lazyking

Post by Lazyking »

Insane card.. this is why I'm getting into PWG more.
RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

I dont usually get much in PWG....but Elgin vs Callihan gets me wet
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

wow what an absolutely insane card, has all the potential to be show of the year
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

PWG also takes pride in their DVD production, and has the decency to not waste their time doing tedious segments with local shock jocks and bush league athletes.