The PWG Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
King of Indy Style

Re: The PWG Thread

Post by King of Indy Style »

Gotta think that if there is a May 19th show, it'd be announced pretty soon, huh?
King of Indy Style

Mark Haskins won't be at Game Over, Man. Elgin is now wrestling Kyle O'Reilly!!
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Hmm. Considering how long those two have run in the same circles, I don't think they've wrestled a ton. 2013 BOLA final comes to mind. I'm sure there's others, but I was surprised how little high profile stuff I can remember them doing together. I assume they've had at least one ROH match, right?
King of Indy Style

Head Like A Cole takes place May 19th!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote:Head Like A Cole takes place May 19th!
Awesome title.
King of Indy Style

Here's the Head Like A Cole Card!

Keith Lee vs. Trevor Lee
Shane Strickland vs. Michael Elgin
ReDRagon vs. Chosen Bros (!!!!!!!!!)
Lio Rush vs. Mark Haskins
Sami Callihan vs. Adam Cole
PWG Tag Team Titles: Rey Fenix and Penta 0M (c) vs. The Young Bucks
PWG World Title: Zack Sabre, Jr. (c) vs. Trent?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote:Here's the Head Like A Cole Card!

Keith Lee vs. Trevor Lee
reDRagon vs. The Chosen Bros. should just fucking kill it. The whole card looks really good.
King of Indy Style

Yeah, this card looks really good. Only match that I see being not up to par is Callihan/Cole, and even then I think it'll be solid at the worst.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Cole was Callihan's 2013 farewell opponent.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Scaffold or bust.
King of Indy Style

Going to give my thoughts on Head Like A Cole later on, but seeing guys like Shane Strickland and Lio Rush on PWG cards really shows that ACH is easily replaced by people much better and less hokey than him.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

King of Indy Style wrote:Here's the Head Like A Cole Card!

Keith Lee vs. Trevor Lee
Great card!! All of those matches look appetizing.
King of Indy Style

Here are my thoughts on the Head Like A Cole Card:

Keith Lee vs. Trevor Lee: The Fightin' Lee Boys collide! Hahaha. This'll be a fun exhibition for Keith Lee to get all his shit in, pop the Reseda crowd and show them what he can truly do with a small, agile guy, and pick up a win. This one reminds me a lot of Jeff Cobb vs. Trevor Lee from THIRTEEN back in July, after Cobb lost his debut to Chris Hero. Speaking of, Cobb is wrestling Lee tomorrow night at Game Over Man, which'll be bonkers.

MY PICK TO WIN: Keith Lee gets an emphatic first (I think he loses to Cobb) PWG win here.

Shane Strickland vs. Michael Elgin: This is a cool match. These two only had their first ever matchup a few weeks ago at a WrestleCircus show during WM Weekend, and it was at like 1 AM after they had wrestled like 6 or 7 times each earlier that weekend. The match was said to be pretty damn good considering the circumstances. Now put that in front of a rabid Reseda crowd, with these two well rested and ready to go? You get a sleeper Match of the Night candidate. Alsot it's really neat to see Strickland back, since, by all accounts, he and Dezmond Xavier had a great debut match. Strickland in PWG is great. Don't let this one go under your radar, folks.

MY PICK TO WIN: Since Shane won his PWG debut against Dezmond Xavier, and since Michael Elgin is a much bigger star than him, I expect Elgin to pick up the win. However, I definitely wouldn't be surprised if Strickland gets a shock victory.

ReDRagon vs. The Chosen Bros: OH. FUCK. YES. I called for this match when these two became an official team, and PWG makes it happen. This match is going to be off the goddamn charts awesome. Riddle's match with O'Reilly at BOLA was one of my favorites of the first round, and him mixing it up with Fish will be just as fun. And Cobb is no slouch on the ground either, but he's much more apt to just hoss the shit out of them lol. This is one of the greatest Tag Teams of this generation against the top rising tag team in PWG, with two of the hottest rising indie stars. This match will be phenomenal. This will be MOTN if you ask me. Now, if we get Chosen Bros vs. War Machine........ :P

MY PICK TO WIN: Chosen Bros. are undefeated as a team, and they've already beaten The Young Bucks, Unbreakable Fn Machines, and Oi4K. ReDRagon would be another name on their belts as they march to their eventual PWG Tag Title reign. Chosen Bros pick up a big win here.

Lio Rush vs. Mark Haskins: PWG brings matches that you never knew you wanted to see until you see them be announced. This is one of those matches. These are two damn good pro wrestlers in different styles, Lio with his quickness and agility, Haskins with his technical skill. I am pretty confident that these two will be able to mix their styles into a very fun match.

MY PICK TO WIN: This is actually pretty tough, because it's very easy to see either of these two win or lose. I think I'll take Mark Haskins in this match, since this is his PWG return.

Sami Callihan vs. Adam Cole: It is very feasible that this is Adam Cole's very last PWG match. That's quite a bummer. I'm really not the biggest Sami Callihan fan in the world, but since Cole was his last PWG match, it's kind of poetic that Sami may be Adam's. This will most likely end up as the weakest match on the card, but even then I still see it being pretty solid.

MY PICK TO WIN: If this is Adam Cole's last match in PWG, I see him doing the favors for Sami, like Sami did for Cole. And if this truly, really is the last match for Adam Cole, it's a good way to cap off one of the best careers in PWG history.

PWG Tag Team Championship: Penta El Cero Miedo and Rey Fenix (c) vs. The Young Bucks: Spot. Fest. Those are the only two words that this match will need. This will be a psychotic, crazy, high flying, death defying tag team match between two of the best Tag Teams on this continent, and maybe even this planet. Fenix and Penta will no doubt go balls to the wall in their first Tag Title defense, and the Bucks always deliver in a big spot. One of the Bucks recently teased that this may become a gimmick match of some kind, and if this does become a ladder match, I may cry from sheer joy and excitement.

MY PICK TO WIN: I see Penta and Fenix winning and retaining their titles in a awesome car crash clusterfuck match, and then they eventually lose the belts to Chosen Bros, and THAT will be a crazy good match too.

PWG World Championship: Zack Sabre, Jr. (c) vs. Trent?: The excellent LDRS vs. Best Friends feud continues here! ZSJ is ZSJ, and ZSJ is the best technical wrestler on the planet. And Trent? is one of the most underrated men in ALL of wrestling. I absolutely love Trent, and I may just be his biggest fan here on the board, lol! Everything he does is so incredibly good. Tag Team to Singles action, Trent always brings his A-Game and delivers a awesome, awesome match, whether it be against The Bucks and The Hardys at the ROH 15th Anniversary, his Tag Matches in NJPW and ROH with Rocky, or his highly underrated singles work, Trent is one of my absolute favorites. But enough gushing over Trent! I saw some people on Twitter say that these two had a very good match in AAW, and that doesn't surprise me, so I expect this to be a fantastic match. ZSJ is great as the dickhead heel, and Trent is great as the fiery underdog face. I can't wait for this match.

MY PICK TO WIN: If Trent? actually wins, it'd be a gigantic shock. But he won, ZSJ will get the win and add another great title match to his PWG Resume.

Side Note: ZSJ is already the 5th longest reigning PWG Champion in history, and as of April 20th, only 2 weeks away from passing Chris Hero's reign, and 5 weeks from passing Roddy's.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote:Here are my thoughts on the Head Like A Cole Card:

Keith Lee vs. Trevor Lee: The Fightin' Lee Boys collide! Hahaha. This'll be a fun exhibition for Keith Lee to get all his shit in, pop the Reseda crowd and show them what he can truly do with a small, agile guy, and pick up a win. This one reminds me a lot of Jeff Cobb vs. Trevor Lee from THIRTEEN back in July, after Cobb lost his debut to Chris Hero. Speaking of, Cobb is wrestling Lee tomorrow night at Game Over Man, which'll be bonkers.

MY PICK TO WIN: Keith Lee gets an emphatic first (I think he loses to Cobb) PWG win here.

Shane Strickland vs. Michael Elgin: This is a cool match. These two only had their first ever matchup a few weeks ago at a WrestleCircus show during WM Weekend, and it was at like 1 AM after they had wrestled like 6 or 7 times each earlier that weekend. The match was said to be pretty damn good considering the circumstances. Now put that in front of a rabid Reseda crowd, with these two well rested and ready to go? You get a sleeper Match of the Night candidate. Alsot it's really neat to see Strickland back, since, by all accounts, he and Dezmond Xavier had a great debut match. Strickland in PWG is great. Don't let this one go under your radar, folks.

MY PICK TO WIN: Since Shane won his PWG debut against Dezmond Xavier, and since Michael Elgin is a much bigger star than him, I expect Elgin to pick up the win. However, I definitely wouldn't be surprised if Strickland gets a shock victory.

ReDRagon vs. The Chosen Bros: OH. FUCK. YES. I called for this match when these two became an official team, and PWG makes it happen. This match is going to be off the goddamn charts awesome. Riddle's match with O'Reilly at BOLA was one of my favorites of the first round, and him mixing it up with Fish will be just as fun. And Cobb is no slouch on the ground either, but he's much more apt to just hoss the shit out of them lol. This is one of the greatest Tag Teams of this generation against the top rising tag team in PWG, with two of the hottest rising indie stars. This match will be phenomenal. This will be MOTN if you ask me. Now, if we get Chosen Bros vs. War Machine........ :P

MY PICK TO WIN: Chosen Bros. are undefeated as a team, and they've already beaten The Young Bucks, Unbreakable Fn Machines, and Oi4K. ReDRagon would be another name on their belts as they march to their eventual PWG Tag Title reign. Chosen Bros pick up a big win here.

Lio Rush vs. Mark Haskins: PWG brings matches that you never knew you wanted to see until you see them be announced. This is one of those matches. These are two damn good pro wrestlers in different styles, Lio with his quickness and agility, Haskins with his technical skill. I am pretty confident that these two will be able to mix their styles into a very fun match.

MY PICK TO WIN: This is actually pretty tough, because it's very easy to see either of these two win or lose. I think I'll take Mark Haskins in this match, since this is his PWG return.

Sami Callihan vs. Adam Cole: It is very feasible that this is Adam Cole's very last PWG match. That's quite a bummer. I'm really not the biggest Sami Callihan fan in the world, but since Cole was his last PWG match, it's kind of poetic that Sami may be Adam's. This will most likely end up as the weakest match on the card, but even then I still see it being pretty solid.

MY PICK TO WIN: If this is Adam Cole's last match in PWG, I see him doing the favors for Sami, like Sami did for Cole. And if this truly, really is the last match for Adam Cole, it's a good way to cap off one of the best careers in PWG history.

PWG Tag Team Championship: Penta El Cero Miedo and Rey Fenix (c) vs. The Young Bucks: Spot. Fest. Those are the only two words that this match will need. This will be a psychotic, crazy, high flying, death defying tag team match between two of the best Tag Teams on this continent, and maybe even this planet. Fenix and Penta will no doubt go balls to the wall in their first Tag Title defense, and the Bucks always deliver in a big spot. One of the Bucks recently teased that this may become a gimmick match of some kind, and if this does become a ladder match, I may cry from sheer joy and excitement.

MY PICK TO WIN: I see Penta and Fenix winning and retaining their titles in a awesome car crash clusterfuck match, and then they eventually lose the belts to Chosen Bros, and THAT will be a crazy good match too.

PWG World Championship: Zack Sabre, Jr. (c) vs. Trent?: The excellent LDRS vs. Best Friends feud continues here! ZSJ is ZSJ, and ZSJ is the best technical wrestler on the planet. And Trent? is one of the most underrated men in ALL of wrestling. I absolutely love Trent, and I may just be his biggest fan here on the board, lol! Everything he does is so incredibly good. Tag Team to Singles action, Trent always brings his A-Game and delivers a awesome, awesome match, whether it be against The Bucks and The Hardys at the ROH 15th Anniversary, his Tag Matches in NJPW and ROH with Rocky, or his highly underrated singles work, Trent is one of my absolute favorites. But enough gushing over Trent! I saw some people on Twitter say that these two had a very good match in AAW, and that doesn't surprise me, so I expect this to be a fantastic match. ZSJ is great as the dickhead heel, and Trent is great as the fiery underdog face. I can't wait for this match.

MY PICK TO WIN: If Trent? actually wins, it'd be a gigantic shock. But he won, ZSJ will get the win and add another great title match to his PWG Resume.

Side Note: ZSJ is already the 5th longest reigning PWG Champion in history, and as of April 20th, only 2 weeks away from passing Chris Hero's reign, and 5 weeks from passing Roddy's.
As usual fantastic write up. reDRagon vs. The Chosen Bros. is a match I would sell my soul to see live in Reseda. Stacked card and I dig your picks man.
King of Indy Style

Thanks Mojo. If even one person likes my write ups for PWG, it makes writing them worth it.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

King of Indy Style wrote:Going to give my thoughts on Head Like A Cole later on, but seeing guys like Shane Strickland and Lio Rush on PWG cards really shows that ACH is easily replaced by people much better and less hokey than him.
How very woke of you to compare ACH to Lio Rush and Shane Strickland.

ACH has never been my preferred cup of tea, especially in singles, but I think he adds value to every card he’s on. He also has a great in-person charisma that crowds often respond favorably towards. I don't think he's going to be away from PWG forever.
King of Indy Style

PWG: Game Over, Man! Results:
Spoiler: show
Lio Rush def. PWG Tag Team Champion Rey Fenix via Apron Spanish Fly and Frog Splash. Said to be INSANE!
Matt Riddle def. Adam Cole via Bromission.
Jeff Cobb def. Keith Lee via Tour of the Islands. Said to be a totally great hoss fight.
Michael Elgin def. Kyle O'Reilly via multiple Elgin Bombs.
The Young Bucks def. War Machine via counter roll-up. Said to be a fantastic match! War Machine got a Please Come Back chant!
PWG Champion Zack Sabre, Jr. def. Dick Togo via European Clutch. He flipped the audience off while pinning Togo. Said to be a fantastic technical matchup.
Chuck Taylor def. Marty Scurll via Chickenwing in a pile of Thumbtacks!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote:PWG: Game Over, Man! Results:
Spoiler: show
Lio Rush def. PWG Tag Team Champion Rey Fenix via Apron Spanish Fly and Frog Splash. Said to be INSANE!
Matt Riddle def. Adam Cole via Bromission.
Jeff Cobb def. Keith Lee via Tour of the Islands. Said to be a totally great hoss fight.
Michael Elgin def. Kyle O'Reilly via multiple Elgin Bombs.
The Young Bucks def. War Machine via counter roll-up. Said to be a fantastic match! War Machine got a Please Come Back chant!
PWG Champion Zack Sabre, Jr. def. Dick Togo via European Clutch. He flipped the audience off while pinning Togo. Said to be a fantastic technical matchup.
Chuck Taylor def. Marty Scurll via Chickenwing in a pile of Thumbtacks!
Looks like an overall good show.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Match times are posted on socal uncensored. Elgin / KOR, YB / WM and ZSJ / Togo went 20+ and Lio / Fenix, Cobb / Lee and Chucky T / Scurll went 15+.