The PWG Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: The PWG Thread

Post by cgstong »

Gonna be an insane show. PWPonderings will be live tweeting results too as we do every time https://twitter.com/pwponderings
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Awesome! I am also looking forward to Scrull/ZSJ vs. Taylor/Trent. Hope that delivers. Like King Of Indy Style said, Keith Lee should get over huge. I think that main event is going to send a few people into cardiac arrest.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

I gotta think that since the next show name is already announced, plus ZSJ vs. Togo, the rest of Game Over, Man should be revealed next week sometime. Hoping for Bucks/Chosen Bros II, a Jason Kincaid debut, some Keith Lee, and some sick ass Tag team wrestling. Speaking of Tag Team Wrestling, I need Chosen Bros vs. ReDRagon.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote: Speaking of Tag Team Wrestling, I need Chosen Bros vs. ReDRagon.
I would have to figure out how to get to Reseda because this seems like wrestling Nirvana.
King of Indy Style

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
King of Indy Style wrote: Speaking of Tag Team Wrestling, I need Chosen Bros vs. ReDRagon.
I would have to figure out how to get to Reseda because this seems like wrestling Nirvana.
Thought back to it, and I wanna see Chosen Bros against everyone. They're such a fresh team that you get so many new first time matchups. Chosen Bros vs. Rey Fenix and Penta 0M, vs. The LDRS, vs. Best Friends, vs. ReDRagon.....I want to see all that shit.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Sounds like Adam Cole is off tonight's show. Apparently the prevailing speculation is that he had the lump on his head removed (he actually recorded a podcast with Steve Austin today and had a big bandage on his head when the two were pictured together).
King of Indy Style

PWG Nice Boys (Don't Play Rock n' Roll) Results:
Spoiler: show
Adam Cole did not compete do to a medical procedure; his opponent for the evening, Sami Callihan, can join any match he wants.
Sami joins the opener, Keith Lee vs. Brian Cage!
Brian Cage def. Keith Lee and Sami Callihan via Falcon Arrow on Lee. Lee was said to have gotten over huge with the Reseda crowd!
Chosen Bros (Jeff Cobb and Matt Riddle) def. Oi4K (Jake and Dave Crist) via Bromission on Dave Crist. A NEXT TAG CHAMPS chant broke out!
Lio Rush def. Trevor Lee via Small Package.
Shane Strickland def. Dezmond Xavier via Cuerno Killer.
Best Friends (Trent? and Chuck Taylor) def. LDRS (Marty Scurll and PWG Champion Zack Sabre, Jr) when Trent? pinned Sabre with a Cradle Piledriver.
The LDRS attack the Best Friends after the match, including a Powerbomb onto six set-up chairs.
Marty Scurll vs. Chuck Taylor set for Game Over, Man on April 21st in a Reseda Street Fight!!
Lucha Bros (Rey Fenix and Penta 0M) defeated Ricochet and Matt Sydal and The Young Bucks to win the PWG World Tag Team Titles after a Cradle Piledriver into a Canadian Destroyer on Ricochet!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Crazy results. Looking forward to it
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote:PWG Nice Boys (Don't Play Rock n' Roll) Results:
Adam Cole did not compete do to a medical procedure; his opponent for the evening, Sami Callihan, can join any match he wants.
Brian Cage def. Keith Lee and Sami Callihan via Falcon Arrow on Lee. Lee was said to have gotten over huge with the Reseda crowd!
Chosen Bros (Jeff Cobb and Matt Riddle) def. Oi4K (Jake and Dave Crist) via Bromission on Dave Crist. A NEXT TAG CHAMPS chant broke out!
Best Friends (Trent? and Chuck Taylor) def. LDRS (Marty Scurll and PWG Champion Zack Sabre, Jr) when Trent? pinned Sabre with a Cradle Piledriver.
The LDRS attack the Best Friends after the match, including a Powerbomb onto six set-up chairs.
Marty Scurll vs. Chuck Taylor set for Game Over, Man on April 21st in a Reseda Street Fight!!
Lucha Bros (Rey Fenix and Penta 0M) defeated Ricochet and Matt Sydal and The Young Bucks to win the PWG World Tag Team Titles after a Cradle Piledriver into a Canadian Destroyer on Ricochet!
I had feeling the tag titles were going to change tonight. Man, this card sounds killer!
King of Indy Style

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
King of Indy Style wrote:PWG Nice Boys (Don't Play Rock n' Roll) Results:
I had feeling the tag titles were going to change tonight. Man, this card sounds killer!
I personally thought that the Bucks would retain, leading to Bucks vs. Chosen Bros. 2, where they would finally get the titles. But fuck.....Chosen Bros vs. Lucha Bros? Sign me the fuck up.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I personally thought that the Bucks would retain, leading to Bucks vs. Chosen Bros. 2, where they would finally get the titles. But fuck.....Chosen Bros vs. Lucha Bros? Sign me the fuck up.
[/quote]

Hell yeah!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Sounds like Adam Cole is off tonight's show. Apparently the prevailing speculation is that he had the lump on his head removed (he actually recorded a podcast with Steve Austin today and had a big bandage on his head when the two were pictured together).
Cole sounds like he's getting himself ready to look cosmetically pleasing to the WWE upper brass television standards.
King of Indy Style

Game Over, Man Card:

Rey Fenix vs. Lio Rush
Jeff Cobb vs. Keith Lee (!!!!!)
Matt Riddle vs. Adam Cole
Mark Haskins vs. Michael Elgin
Young Bucks vs. WAR MACHINE (!!!!)
Marty Scurll vs. Chuck Taylor (Reseda Street Fight)

Along with the previously announced Zack Sabre, Jr. vs. Dick Togo (Non-Title)
King of Indy Style

The Nice Boys (Don't Play Rock n' Roll) Preview is already here!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOJAicHE_a0
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

We had that same three-way opener at FSW last week, and again, the big guy was a huge hit. And the same guy had been added to that three-way, only his scheduled opponent was a no-showing Davey Richards.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote:The Nice Boys (Don't Play Rock n' Roll) Preview is already here!!

Dude, that 3 way for the tag titles just looked absolutely fucking insane.
King of Indy Style

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
King of Indy Style wrote:The Nice Boys (Don't Play Rock n' Roll) Preview is already here!!

Dude, that 3 way for the tag titles just looked absolutely fucking insane.
And the craziest part? That was only like 45 seconds of a 20+ minute match.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I really need to get out to a PWG show. I must make this happen.
King of Indy Style

Since I have the rest of my evening open, and I forgot to do one for Nice Boys (Don't Play Rock n' Roll), here are my thoughts on the card of Game Over, Man!

First off: PWG announced that Penta 0M and Rey Fenix would be defending their PWG tag titles "soon". Soon in PWG time may be 2 or 3 months. I've heard rumblings of a late-May show, and this has caused speculation that it'll be the return of DDT4! I for one welcome it. PWG's stocked up on a LOT of good tag teams over the last two years, and I think they could KILL a DDT4. Here's who I'd like to see in it:

Chosen Bros (Matt Riddle and Jeff Cobb)
The Young Bucks
The LDRS
Best Friends
ReDRagon
War Machine
Ricochet and Matt Sydal
You can do alot with the final spot. A debuting team, a returning team, or even a thrown together team. I'd like Lio Rush and Jay White myself. I may fantasy book this later on. I'll post it if anyone would like to see.

Now, for the card itself:

Lio Rush vs. Rey Fenix: FLIPZ! I'm expecting this to be all flipz. Which will be a great way to hype the crowd up! Rey Fenix is absolutely incredible, and Lio Rush is great as well. This'll be a fun match that'll highlight the incredible talents of two young stars.

MY PICK TO WIN: Since he and his brother, Penta 0M (who I'm sad to see isn't on the card) just won the PWG Tag Titles, I have to pick Rey Fenix.

Jeff Cobb vs. Keith Lee: HOLY. GOD. DAMN. HOSS. FIGHT. For real, when PWG announced this match, I went NUTS. I wanted to see Keith in PWG the moment I saw him do a dive in ROH. These are two of the most athletically gifted men not just in PWG, but in all of independent wrestling, and for entirely different reasons. Keith Lee does things that no man that weighs over 300 pounds should do. And Jeff Cobb is one of the most insanely strong men in wrestling today. That man chucked Chris Hero around like he was Ricochet. And when he chucked Ricochet around at BOLA, it was even crazier! I love everything about this match. My most anticipated match on the card.

MY PICK TO WIN: This one is tough. You'd think they would give Cobb the win since he's a part of PWG's top few tag teams, Chosen Bros. But do they have Keith Lee take a pin in his first two matches with the company? I'm not very sure. I think I'll take Keith Lee for this one, since I see Jeff's partner winning his match. Speaking of which.....

Adam Cole vs. Matt Riddle: Bro vs. Baybay! This should be a very intriguing match, as it very may well be Adam Cole's last hurrah on the independent scene before he heads to the WWE. This will be a good showcase for Riddle's singles ability, since his last singles match for PWG was back in August at BOLA against Kyle O'Reilly. This one will certainly have a lot of personality in it.

MY PICK TO WIN: With all the uncertainty around the future of Adam Cole, I see the King of Bros, Matt Riddle, walking out with the win here.

Mark Haskins vs. Michael Elgin: HASKINS IS BACK!! I'm so glad to see him back after thinking we may not see him wrestle ever again, not just in PWG. However, this is a weird match. Haskins vs. Elgin really isn't a match that people have clamored for. Hell, I'm not even sure if they HAVE wrestled before. With that said, I see this one being a solid big man-little man match, with Haskins using his size and speed and technical ability to cut down the powerhouse, Elgin.

MY PICK TO WIN: Mark Haskins is currently advertised for WWE Axxess during WM Weekend, which is a sign he may be signing with them, or at least signed one of their weird "You can work the indies but only the indies that want to work with us" deals. With that, this may also be the last we see of Haskins of PWG, ala Dunne and Mark Andrews. So I think Micheal Elgin is your winner.

Young Bucks vs. War Machine: WAR MACHINE IN PWG!!!! If you've known me for a while, you know that I've clamored for a War Machine PWG debut. AND HERE IT IS!! I'm so goddamn excited for this. War Machine is one of my favorite Tag Teams around, because they're two big, burly, mean looking dudes that go out there and kick ass. And add in the Young Bucks? PWG has my 15 bucks for this show. This should be an outstanding match, with bodies flying all around the Legion hall.

MY PICK TO WIN: PWG's M.O. is to have debuting acts in the company take a pinfall. See the debuts of Keith Lee, Matt Riddle, Oi4K, Jeff Cobb, ect ect. So with that, I gotta take the Young Bucks in this one.

Reseda Street Fight: Chuck Taylor vs. Marty Scurll: CHUCKIE T VS THE VILLAIN! This should be a fun plunder brawl. Chuck is underrated when it comes to this style of match, and Marty is a fantastic wrestler in really any way you use him. I expect Marty to use the Umbrella, and some ZSJ and Trent? run ins.

MY PICK TO WIN: The LDRS vs. Best Friends program is excellent. I love it. Looking at how the feud has progressed, along with the no rules stip, I gotta go with Chuck to walk out the winner.

(Non-Title) Zack Sabre, Jr. vs. Dick Togo: I really wasn't sure what to think of this one when it was announced, and I'm still not sure now, to be honest. Togo isn't someone I am very familiar with. But I was told of his greatness, and I looked his stuff up online. Wow! The dude rocks! But at the same time, I don't know if I really want to see this match. Sure, it'll be a fantastic match, but I think you could've gotten more out of a ZSJ title defense. Personal feelings aside, this should be a GREAT match.

MY PICK TO WIN: Togo hasn't wrestled for PWG since his initial 2011 match, I believe. I pick Zack Sabre, Jr. to win here. I think he could use a big time win to add to his belt, and a Togo win does nothing for anyone, but a Zack win makes him that much more believable as a champion, even if the title isn't being defended.