The PWG Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Hellfont93

Re: The PWG Thread

Post by Hellfont93 »

Some decent stuff for the May 23rd show, but I was just wondering... anybody else REALLY want to see Inner City Machine Guns vs. Motor City Machine Guns now that Sabin & Shelley are both taking US Indy bookings?
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

Hellfont93 wrote:Some decent stuff for the May 23rd show, but I was just wondering... anybody else REALLY want to see Inner City Machine Guns vs. Motor City Machine Guns now that Sabin & Shelley are both taking US Indy bookings?
I'll take MCMG any way I can.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

BTW10 wrote:
Hellfont93 wrote:Some decent stuff for the May 23rd show, but I was just wondering... anybody else REALLY want to see Inner City Machine Guns vs. Motor City Machine Guns now that Sabin & Shelley are both taking US Indy bookings?
I'll take MCMG any way I can.
No joke.

Whichever company puts them in a match and puts it on DVD first will be getting my money.
Tars Tarkas

Post by Tars Tarkas »

supersonic wrote:It can't possibly be any worse than Bosh/Lost vs. Aerial Express or SD/Richards vs. KOW. The latter was the closest I ever came to giving up on being a wrestling fan.
That's a pretty strong statement. It's on one of the many PWG shows I still have yet to watch on dvd, but just because of the wrestlers involved, it was a match I was looking forward to. I'm fascinated to know what went so wrong that you would say that?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Over 45 minutes of ZERO peaks and valleys. I've seen matches with zero emotional investment, that had negative emotional investment.

I've never been angrier watching a match.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So the name of the May 23rd Show is Sold Our Soul For Rock 'n' Roll. I like the Black Sabbath reference 8-)
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

Has it been mentioned that Cole has the longest reign at just over 500 days?
Tim

Post by Tim »

Mike0284 wrote:Has it been mentioned that Cole has the longest reign at just over 500 days?
I'm so fucking sick of Cole's title run, if O'Reilly dosen't win the the title I'll be legit pissed off... but I'm about 99.99% sure he will.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Mike0284 wrote:Has it been mentioned that Cole has the longest reign at just over 500 days?
Yeah, it was recently but I forget which show.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Tim wrote:
I'm so fucking sick of Cole's title run, if O'Reilly dosen't win the the title I'll be legit pissed off... but I'm about 99.99% sure he will.
I think O'Reilly will beat Cole for the belt, but not here. I think they'll have one more match for the belt and that'll be where Kyle wins the title, just a feeling.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Sounds like Cole is the McGuinness to Hero's Danielson (comparing PWG reigns to ROH reigns.)
cviens

Post by cviens »

ROHFan25 wrote:
cviens wrote:
ROHFan25 wrote: Major part of why PWG is shit right now IMO. Why the fuck is a comedy act that should be opening the shows the #1 contenders for the tag belts. Double chokeslam as a finish, trenchcoats, I mean it's just so fucking dumb. Fuck Best Friends.
If all you're going to do is bitch and moan about the product, go elsewhere.

Lmao are you kidding me dude? Sorry that I actually call dumb shit out for being dumb. I've been a huge PWG fan for a long long time. PWG from late 2010-2013 was fucking awesome. Ever since DDT4 2013 PWG has pretty much sucked. ASW was decent and BOLAN2 was great but everything else has sucked.

Sorry that I don't mark out and fap over ***** flip matches with AR Fox/ACH and Ricochet/Swann where it's literally spot after spot with unrealistic kick out after unrealistic kickout.

If all you're going to do is suck the product off, go elsewhere.
When did I even mention Fox, ACH, Richochet, or Swann? Are you fucking remedial? I don't like their matches either, for the record. Everything not involving them though, I haven't seen much to complain about.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

So then you like 20 minute openers with PPray and BBoy/Willie Mack? And shit matches with Ciampa, Nese, RockNES, Hero, etc?

PWG has been fucking shit from late 2013 until now. There's no disputing it IMO.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

ROHFan25 wrote: PWG has been fucking shit from late 2013 until now. There's no disputing it IMO.
Not really. I mean, yes, their hasn't been a truly stellar show since 2013 Battle of Los Angeles: Night 2 (though I would say Night 2 of ASW X has been the best show since then), but to say PWG has been "shit" since then is absolutely ludicrous.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

It may not be as good as it once was, but it's far from shit.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Take the Bucks and Steen away from PWG and there's nothing enjoyable about the product right now. Well, before Trevor Lee, Everett and Cedric got signed. Lets take a look.

Cole's reign is terrible. Drakes gone. Hero has been pretty bad. Ciampa is awful. Best Friends ha. ha. AR Fox, Swann, Ricochet and ACH don't even work matches anymore, they just choreograph sequences. It sucks.

O'Reilly and Gargano are the only 2 good things going in PWG outside of the Bucks and Steen. Sad to see my once favorite promotion drop out of my top 3.
Tim

Post by Tim »

ROHFan25 wrote:Take the Bucks and Steen away from PWG and there's nothing enjoyable about the product right now. Well, before Trevor Lee, Everett and Cedric got signed. Lets take a look.

Cole's reign is terrible. Drakes gone. Hero has been pretty bad. Ciampa is awful. Best Friends ha. ha. AR Fox, Swann, Ricochet and ACH don't even work matches anymore, they just choreograph sequences. It sucks.

O'Reilly and Gargano are the only 2 good things going in PWG outside of the Bucks and Steen. Sad to see my once favorite promotion drop out of my top 3.
I like best friends, I thought they had a couple really good matches at All Star Weekend and a really good match at the last show with the Bucks.

This is some things PWG needs to do: Have Cole lose the title on the next show, Kyle needs to be champion imediatly. Split up the "flippy black guys" Ricochet and ACH can work, but for some reason when they wrestle each other they feel like they only need to do spots. They need more teams, I would drop Nese, Ciampa, Fox, some local guys, and book teams like Juicy Product or even book Gulak and Busick as a team, I would also book Jon Silver in a singles roll.

What do you think would improve the product?
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Gulak and Busick I'd fucking cry in joy
Tim

Post by Tim »

ROHFan25 wrote:Gulak and Busick I'd fucking cry in joy
Me too, I'd like them to be a team, not having the Dojo Bros. really hurts. Now every match is a spots fest.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

And now you see why I hate current PWG. Spotfests are cool every once in a while, not every single tag match on the card.

Bring in Gulak, Busick and bring back SSB. Please.