The PWG Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
LJimmy

Re: The PWG Thread

Post by LJimmy »

It wouldn't Evolve's doing. Maybe there would be an understanding between ROH and PWG regarding this.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

No way they'd give up on all the EVOLVE guys they book for just Cole and Kyle
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

jordidebaas wrote:No way they'd give up on all the EVOLVE guys they book for just Cole and Kyle
It could be a WWE thing, because of the rumored WWE/WWN partnership. Plus, out of the three Evolve guys on the shows this weekend, two of them are being looked at by WWE (We all know about Gargano, plus there's a lot of rumors surrounding Gulak's future). I'm sure guys like Zack Sabre Jr. & Trevor Lee will be fine, since neither are really "Evolve guys" per say.

The one interesting case is Drew Galloway. He works for TNA, but also works for Evolve, which is in a relationship (of some kind) with WWE, but he's working PWG on January 2nd, which now has an agreement with ROH. He's in a really unique situation.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Angelico returns on January 2nd to face Brian Cage!

Timothy Thatcher faces Drew Gulak on January 2nd!

Sami Callihan faces Trevor Lee on January 2nd!

Jack Evans returns to PWG to take on Drew Galloway on January 2nd!

Mike Bailey will face Adam Cole on January 2nd!

Zack Sabre, Jr. faces Akira Tozawa on January 2nd! :o :o :o

Chris Hero takes on Roderick Strong in the main event for the PWG World Title!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Also, PWG is now on BLU-RAY!!
@OfficialPWG 2h2 hours ago
Both nights of All Star Weekend 11 are now up for pre-order on Blu-ray and DVD! Pre-order your copies now at: http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/ #ASW11
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Anyone who doesn't think PWG is putting the best and most consistent product out there today in North America; or maybe even the world, is insane
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

jordidebaas wrote:No way they'd give up on all the EVOLVE guys they book for just Cole and Kyle

Well PWG can now book all of the ROH guys , not just Cole and Kyle.. Plus PWG will have access to NJPW talent when they are stateside. ROH is also developing a partnership with CMLL , so there is that in the future.

Sinclair has billions of dollars , so the PWG owners could sell to ROH for a nice profit . THe PWG owners could also promote ROH shows in California , more money for PWG. No downside in this deal for PWG . ROH wants a foot hold in California and they are trying to get it via a PWG alliance. A win for all parties.

If the Evolve guys don't sign with NXT , ROH will just cherry pick Gabe's roster. ROH is playing the long game.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

AndyDiaz wrote:Anyone who doesn't think PWG is putting the best and most consistent product out there today in North America; or maybe even the world, is insane
If by 'the best' you mean pulling random names out of a hat for booking, spotfests, and one eternal storyline of 'The Young Bucks and their buddies are dicks', then, sure. That would be 'the best'. If those aren't you're standards, though, then not proclaiming it 'the best' is not just valid, but it would be kind of insane if you did.

I was highly amused by Excaliber admitting on, I think the latest 3mendous, that 'yeah, there are a lot of spots (it might have been flips) on the card. Actually, if you're not big into spots, I don't think we have a lot to offer you." (I'm paraphrasing)

I mean, it is stating the obvious, but most people don't like to admit there's an elephant in their living room. Don't get me wrong, I do like it in the limited doses they offer it (about 2 every 3 months or so) which is why I pick up most of the DVDs, but at the same time I don't pretend it's something it isn't. What it is is a niche product with a by the numbers formula they stumbled into, and is facilitated by all the guys busting their butts there in a way they don't do on a regular basis anywhere else(nor could they due to physical limitations).

I just rewatched Astonishing X Mas a week ago. Enjoyable card, and nothing like the PWG of today. It's somewhat due to talent, but at the same time even the really good guys weren't busting their humps on it the way they do now.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

AndyDiaz wrote:Anyone who doesn't think PWG is putting the best and most consistent product out there today in North America; or maybe even the world, is insane
Back during Fear and SteenWolf, yes, but not now.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

DBSommer wrote:
If by 'the best' you mean pulling random names out of a hat for booking, spotfests, and one eternal storyline of 'The Young Bucks and their buddies are dicks', then, sure. That would be 'the best'. If those aren't you're standards, though, then not proclaiming it 'the best' is not just valid, but it would be kind of insane if you did.
This is exactly my thoughts on PWG.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Ospreay may win BOLA this year, he stole the show both nights.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Memphis Mark wrote: Plus PWG will have access to NJPW talent when they are stateside.
Has this been confirmed?
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Not confirmed , but it only makes good business sense. Both ROH and NJPW need to presence in California. It is too big of a market for them to not run. I could be wrong.
christoffer

Post by christoffer »

My predictions:

Brian Cage defeat Angelico
Timothy Thatcher defeat Gulak
Callihan defeat Trevor Lee
Galloway defeat Jack Evans
Adam Cole defeat Mike Bailey
Zack Sabre, Jr. defeat Akira Tozawa
Roderick Strong defeat Chris Hero
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Tim wrote:Ospreay may win BOLA this year, he stole the show both nights.
That's a long way off, buddy.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:
Tim wrote:Ospreay may win BOLA this year, he stole the show both nights.
That's a long way off, buddy.
Lol, absolutly. A lot can change by then too.
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

DBSommer wrote:
Best will vary according to taste, but I think PWG is the most exciting and fun product. PWG is the only promotion that consistently surprises me with their booking. The Roddy title win was a great surprise, as was the return of the Bucks and Rushmore 2.0 (regardless of how it's subsequently turned out). Because PWG isn't under the thumb of a corporation, they can do things that push the envelope too, like the S. Dragon assault on Candice at Threemendous or the thumbtacks spot on Joey recently. Everyone's pushing their limit in the matches too, like that ridiculous Everett double moonsault against Ricochet.

Matches can seem pretty random, but the roster quality is so high it doesn't matter. Honestly, I'm more excited for Sabre v. Tozawa, which is totally random, than anything scheduled in ROH or WWE and BOLA is my favorite event of the wrestling year. Though it's not for everyone, I really think Excalibur is great on commentary, as are most of the familiar faces like Hero too.

"No storylines" isn't a fair criticism either, given how low a priority PWG is for most of the guys on the roster. The only guys on every 2015 show were Bailey and Lee and they had storylines. It's hard to book storylines for the rest when you don't know who's available - look what happened to Busick v S. Dragon.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

It was reported in The Wrestling Observer that Angelico is going to be out for the next few weeks with an undisclosed injury. I suppose this means he's off the PWG show this weekend.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

@OfficialPWG 41m41 minutes ago
Due to a knee injury, Angelico will not be on the show this weekend. Chris Dickinson makes his PWG debut to face Brian Cage!
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Merry Christmas! The 2015 Battle of Los Angeles DVD's have been added to the Holiday DVD sale: prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/winter/