The PWG Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
BrandenScott

Re: The PWG Thread

Post by BrandenScott »

When he came to Monroeville for Steel City Con I asked him about booking and he said him and Melina as a package deal were around $1900. I think this may explain why you rarely see them booked on indy shows. I will however say that Johnny was one of the nicest "former WWE stars" I have ever had the chance to meet and I would love seeing him in PWG
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

BrandenScott wrote:When he came to Monroeville for Steel City Con I asked him about booking and he said him and Melina as a package deal were around $1900. I think this may explain why you rarely see them booked on indy shows. I will however say that Johnny was one of the nicest "former WWE stars" I have ever had the chance to meet and I would love seeing him in PWG
I'm not surprised that he's an expensive guy to bring in. I'm just shocked PWG hasn't tried to bring him in once or twice since his WWE release.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I'm not sure if people have realized this yet, but Threemendous IV is on the same day as Death Before Dishonor XIII, and with the confirmation of Jay Lethal vs. Roderick Strong for the ROH World Title, that means that the PWG World Champion will be missing the PWG show. It'll be interesting to see what the card looks like without a PWG World Title Match, but I'm sure they can manage.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Maybe Strong loses the title at Mystery Vortex?
Viggo

Post by Viggo »

187_Joeism wrote:Maybe Strong loses the title at Mystery Vortex?
I sure hope not! The PWG brand is such a draw right now, I hope they wouldn't panic over not having the title on their anniversary show and put it on Candice or something.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

...or Strong just won't be booked and they'll have a bigger match headline Threemendous IV (Maybe another one of those crazy ladder matches?). Based on what happened at DDT4 2015, it seems like he'll be defending the title against Candice LeRae at Mystery Vortex III, but I don't expect LeRae to win.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Based on what happened at DDT4 2015, it seems like he'll be defending the title against Candice LeRae at Mystery Vortex III, but I don't expect LeRae to win.
Super Dragon better learn from his mistake last year that LeRae is singles matches against dudes is no good at all.
guerrillakara23

Post by guerrillakara23 »

It's gonna be really interesting to see what happens at Mystery Vortex III considering ROH also has shows during BOLA weekend. If Roddy's booked for those as well, I'd say there's almost no way around him dropping the belt, sadly. I've loved his reign so far. Killer matches and a lot of steam. Will hate to see it come to an end but it is what it is.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Don't you think Roderick will be at ROH instead of PWG ? Wrestling is a business and ROH is where the money is at for the talent. ROH has PPV , national TV and runs many mores show. If you miss a TV taping for a PWG booking you could be off TV for months. I like PWG , but they cannot compete with ROH for talent. I cannot see Strong , Sydal , Sabin or even the Jacksons taking a PWG date over a ROH date at this point in the game.

The recent PWG talent announcements have kinda confirmed that PWG can see the writing on the wall in regards to booking ROH talent. There nothing wrong with PWG bringing in some fresh faces and give new guys a shot. It is just the nature of the business , the wrestlers move around and follow the money.

I think it is great that ROH is growing and the some of the wrestlers have a full time job with ROH . PWG puts on a high level shows , but all they can offer is just one payday every 6 to 8 weeks , not a full time spot.

I could be wrong but I would imagine that PWG puts the belt on some safe like Joey Ryan or Chris Hero ASAP. That would be the smart move in the short term .
Tim

Post by Tim »

I feel like Trevor/Everett will main event the anniversary show. I would say vs Bucks, but I'm assuming they will be in ROH. I would love to see a rematch with Beaver Boys, mabey 2 out of 3 falls? After DDT4 it makes sense, Silver came off like a star, and PWG proved they are willing to push them. Personally I don't want to see another ladder match main event, and I seriously doubt they would book it.

Another long shot is Biff vs Super Dragon, Biff tried to get the fans to chant "Super Dragon" at the last show. Didn't really work, but there is a very slight chance it could happen, he has been losing a bunch of weight, so who knows.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Roderick Strong will 100% be at ROH. I was at the recent tv tapings, so definitely. I don't know about the Bucks, but I can't imagine them passing up ROH (more money), if they're available.
guerrillakara23

Post by guerrillakara23 »

I'm thinking we'll get Biff/Dragon at Threemendous even if it's a one off thing. It's clear Dragon really digs Biff and it seems he's been wanting to get back in the ring since 2013 so I think it'll happen. In my mind I had Biff calling out Dragon at Mystery Vortex, he gets Hero or someone instead, goes over and then we get a confrontation with Dragon post match to set up the anniversary show match.

As far as the Threemendous main event, I honestly have no clue. I'm guessing it'll be tag titles on the line in some variation. I wouldn't want another triple threat ladder match although I'd take a two on two. Maybe Everett & Lee/Beaver Boys or Sabin & Sydal? Love Gun would be the perfect opposition for them at an anniversary show. Old school against new school. Who knows, I'm sure PWG will put out something spectacular. Maybe some insane six man or something since Tozawa and The Wolves and Evans are returning.

As far as The Bucks go, I think they'd choose PWG over ROH, especially for an anniversary show or BOLA. Some other random event, they'd probably go with ROH but PWG is more than just money for them so based off how much PWG means to them, I think they'd do anything possible to be there for those shows. I obviously wouldn't expect them to drop off Japan for them, but for ROH, I can easily see The Bucks doing the PWG shows instead. They've already missed two this year.
Tim

Post by Tim »

guerrillakara23 wrote:I'm thinking we'll get Biff/Dragon at Threemendous even if it's a one off thing. It's clear Dragon really digs Biff and it seems he's been wanting to get back in the ring since 2013 so I think it'll happen. In my mind I had Biff calling out Dragon at Mystery Vortex, he gets Hero or someone instead, goes over and then we get a confrontation with Dragon post match to set up the anniversary show match.

As far as the Threemendous main event, I honestly have no clue. I'm guessing it'll be tag titles on the line in some variation. I wouldn't want another triple threat ladder match although I'd take a two on two. Maybe Everett & Lee/Beaver Boys or Sabin & Sydal? Love Gun would be the perfect opposition for them at an anniversary show. Old school against new school. Who knows, I'm sure PWG will put out something spectacular. Maybe some insane six man or something since Tozawa and The Wolves and Evans are returning.

As far as The Bucks go, I think they'd choose PWG over ROH, especially for an anniversary show or BOLA. Some other random event, they'd probably go with ROH but PWG is more than just money for them so based off how much PWG means to them, I think they'd do anything possible to be there for those shows. I obviously wouldn't expect them to drop off Japan for them, but for ROH, I can easily see The Bucks doing the PWG shows instead. They've already missed two this year.
How did I forget Tozawa is booked? Wow. I'll bet they do Tozawa/Hero III. I'm guessing they do either Wolves vs Lee/Everett or Jack/Angelico vs Lee/Everett and Beaver Boys get the other team.
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Rumor has it that Bucks vs Angelico/Evans will be the match at Threemendous.

That leads me to believe that it will be Hero/Tozawa III and Wolves vs Lee/Everett. Drooling.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Spoiler: show
Looking at the Death Before Dishonor XIII card, as it stands, and it doesn't look like The Young Bucks would necessarily be needed, based on what's booked so far. You have The Addiction/reDRagon/War Machine/The Kingdom Four-Way for the World Tag Team Titles. RPG Vice still doesn't have a match, but they could easily be facing The Briscoes. If that's what ends up happening, then I could easily see The Young Bucks doing PWG.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Well, so much for The Young Bucks vs. Jack Evans & Angelico:
@luchablog 8h8 hours ago
Today's MLW podcast reveals Angelico & Jack Evans are scheduled to face the Young Bucks in their PWG appearance.
@NickJacksonYB
@luchablog @SenorLARIATO Sorry guys, this ain't happening. We don't work for guerrilla atm.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

So, can it be assumed that ROH takes precedence over anyone else, when The Bucks come back to the states? ROH had them booked Saturday over GFW, and I assume they'll be at Death Before Dishonor if they're not working PWG.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Young Bucks has said on a number of occasions that´s the case, New Japan and ROH are their top priorities
ROHFan25

Post by ROHFan25 »

Surprised that the Bucks are picking ROH over PWG but money talks. Great investment by ROH.

Angelico/Evans vs Everett/Lee should be the match now. Do Wolves/Beaver Boys or something.

Also Brian Cage, Ricochet and Tommy End have been added to BOLA. This years field is already better than last years.

End, OSpreay, Scurl, Andrews, Thatcher, Bailey. Hero. Ricochet. Wow.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

The Threemendous IV lineup is stacked. They'll be more than fine even without a World Title match or the Young Bucks. Tag Title match, a couple dream matches, throw in Guerrilla Warfare or something, and it will be a crazy good show. It's not like there haven't been shows without a World Title match before.

Interesting that Nick Jackson said they "don't work for guerilla atm" rather than just saying they won't be able to make this show.

I'd be all for Lerae vs Strong. I thought her match vs Cole was really well booked and executed. Although a Strong match doesn't have nearly as much heat going into it.