The PWG Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Sandy Fork

Re: The PWG Thread

Post by Sandy Fork »

jordidebaas wrote:What if they're not running it to make the most money possible, but just to put out the best product they possibly can?
Well they're not doing that right either considering they don't do any storylines at all. Talent have to come up with that themselves if they want any.

PWG is ahtletic exhibitions more than pro wrestling at this point.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Know why PWG gave up on Mack? Remember when he/Cage/Steen had that feud? They built Cage/Mack as a grudge match, but insted of it being a brawl it ended up being some random match with no heat, they completely shit the bed. If it wern't for Elgin Cage would be in the doghouse too. From what I heard Super Dragon was pissed after that match.
SomeDude

Post by SomeDude »

Just watched Out of Nowhere. I had never seen PWG before so this was my first show and I have to say I'm impressed. I had heard for years that it was better than ROH but I never really made an effort to check it out. I can't judge it by one show but I can say that it was better than Supercard and 13th Anniversary. I thought it was hilarious that Tomasso Ciampa lost just two days before being in the main event of 13th Anniversary. I can't say PWG is better until I watch some more shows so I plan on Watching BOLA 2014 over the next few days. I may be able to say whether or not it's better after that.
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

I'm a big fan of PWG. It's indeed a very different style, but I love the atmosphere of the crowd and the insane style they work. It's not something that would work on a weekly basis, but given how often they run, the style is very entertaining even if sometimes basic stuff like telling a story is left on the sidelines for spotfests/comedy.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

DDT4 sold out in 3 minutes

Tim

Post by Tim »

monster mafia wrote:DDT4 sold out in 3 minutes

I heard it was 30 seconds and 6 seconds for front row.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

monster mafia wrote:DDT4 sold out in 3 minutes

I have a hard time believing it sold out in 30 seconds. The process for checkout can take a couple of minutes. But somehow, I think BOLA will sell out in that amount of time.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Just finished watching Don't Sweat the Technique, very good show overall.

1. Biff Busick vs. Brian Cage ***
2. Trevor Lee vs. "Speedball" Mike Bailey ***3/4
3. Worlds Cutest Tag Team vs. Beaver Boys ***1/4
4. Chris Hero vs. Tommy End ***1/2
5. Tommaso Ciampa vs. ACH **3/4
6. Love Gun (Sydal & Sabin) vs. Monster Mafia ***1/2
7. Ricochet vs. Andrew Everett ***3/4
8. Roderick Strong vs. Zack Sabre Jr. ****1/4

I hate that Biff is relegated to opening the show, but it's a good opener between he and Cage.

It's easy to get behind Lee vs. Bailey on the basis of how young and talented both are, and then they go out and go balls to the wall. Fun match.

I've said many times before that I'm not too fond of World's Cutest Tag Team, but this ended up being one of their better matches. I'm also a big fan of The Beaver Boys and hope they continue to get booked.

Idk what it is, be it no chemistry, or an off night, but Ciampa vs. ACH did nothing for me. Nothing really worked.

This is where the card gets really good. Monster Mafia vs. Love Gun. It started off slow, but once they all hit their stride, it was fun to watch all of the different tag combinations they came up with. It's funny how the new tag teams have come in as heels, automatically.

And then Ricochet and Andrew Everett happened. It's the first time I've seen Everett since his return. They do a back and forth of acrobatics to start, and it's impressive, but confused them and hurt the beginning a bit. Beyond that, everything started to click. Ricochet hits the People's Moonsault, Everett hits a SSP to the floor (major height) and in the end, it was nearly great.

The main event, Strong vs. ZSJ. I can't say enough about how amazing ZSJ is. The counters he pulls off, that I genuinely haven't seen anyone do, are amazing. And couple that with Strongs overall fast and brutal offense, it was great. Chris Hero said it best on commentary "Watching this match, I have to believe these are the 2 best wrestlers in the world. "
Last edited by Ladrao12 on Sun May 03, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Ladrao12 wrote: 4. Tommaso Cosmos vs. ACH **3/4
Never heard of this guy. Is he any good?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Ladrao12 wrote: 4. Tommaso Cosmos vs. ACH **3/4
Never heard of this guy. Is he any good?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Lmao. Dammit! Autocorrect wins again.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

You left out Tommy vs. Hero
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Dammit, I was really all over the place! I've added it.
MFKR78

Post by MFKR78 »

REALLY looking forward to watching this years shows. PWG is my number one go-to company when I lose all interest in television companies.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Chris Sabin has pulled out of DDT4 due to a back injury. Matt Sydal will now team with "Speedball" Mike Bailey. Meanwhile, Johnny Gargano will now face TJ Perkins.
donkitrk99

Post by donkitrk99 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Chris Sabin has pulled out of DDT4 due to a back injury. Matt Sydal will now team with "Speedball" Mike Bailey. Meanwhile, Johnny Gargano will now face TJ Perkins.
This is the definition of turning chicken shit into chicken salad. Love Gun was my pick to win DDT4 and have been awesome together. But Sydal & Speedball!? [cornette]
boourns

Post by boourns »

I really did not enjoy the DDT show I went to last year. 4 hours of tag teams matches became really exhausting. The main event I remember being fun though.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Don't Sweat the Technique

Biff Busick vs. Brian Cage ***
One or two minor botches hurt the flow, and wasn't a fan of the way the no-sell was done, but still an entertaining opener.

Mike Bailey vs. Trevor Lee ***1/2
Two young guys going out there with the aim to steal the show. A hell of a lot of fun for sure, but somewhat lacked any real meat.

World's Cutest Tag Team vs. Beaver Boys ***1/2
Beaver Boys put in one hell of a performance here. To say they carried this match might be a little far, but it was close. WCTT just don't feel like a top team when they're not in there with the Bucks.

Tommy End vs. Chris Hero ***3/4
Didn't quite click with me to the same degree it did for the crowd, but I still thought this was a tremendous strike match.

ACH vs. Tommaso Ciampa **3/4
While it definitely wasn't bad or anything, nothing about this match hooked my attention outside of the early basketball skitt.

Monster Mafia vs. Sabin & Sydal ***1/2
Started a little shaky early, and there was just a tad off in the overall flow throughout, but this was real good stuff when all said and done. Good track of tag legalities to boot.

Ricochet vs. Andrew Everett ***1/2
This was the flippy shit spotfest you expect from these two. Sure it was mindless. Sure it probably went overkill. But this was fun too.

Roderick Strong vs. Zack Sabre Jr. ****
Oh both these guys are sooooo good right now. The armwork, the crowd reaction, the counters, the fluid technical wrestling, Roddy being a fucking machine... Just loved it.

Very good show, if not quite what I'd say is amazing. Great main event, lots of very good matches to back it up, nothing bad. Roddy continues to go from strength to strength.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here are the results from last night's show via PWP:
The Beaver Boys (Alex Reynolds & John Silver) defeated Team Tremendous (Dan Barry & Ken Scampi) via hand full of tights roll up

The Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann) defeated Drew Gulak & Biff Busick via 450 splash from Swann on Gulak

Trevor Lee & Andrew Everett defeated ‘Speedball’ Mike Bailey & Matt Sydal via assisted 630 senton

Monster Mafia (Ethan Page & Josh Alexander) defeated The World’s Cutest Tag Team to WIN the PWG tag team titles (Roderick Strong interfered to cause the loss)

The Beaver Boys defeated Monster Mafia following a belt shot to WIN the PWG tag team titles via belt shot

Trevor Lee & Andrew Everett defeated The Inner City Machine Guns

Johnny Gargano defeated TJ Perkins via GargaNO escape.

Roderick Strong defeated Chris Hero and Brian Cage to retain the PWG title after pinning Cage after a sick kick on Cage

To win DDT 4 AND the PWG tag team titles Andrew Everett & Trevor Lee defeated The Beaver Boys via small package
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Thank God Strong came to the rescue of the Monster Mafia. I mean how come the likes of Ethan Page and Josh Alexander stand up to Candice on their own . She would break those poor guys in half.