What Independent Companies Do You Follow?

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Shook1

Re: What Independent Companies Do You Follow?

Post by Shook1 »

I enjoyed this years JLIT. Its a bit long, but some of the matches were really good I thought.
watadam20

Post by watadam20 »

DieHard wrote:
watadam20 wrote:Just ROH and PWG. I occassionally watch a SHIMMER show. But really in all of wrestling I only properly follow 3 companies. ROH, WWE, TNA and PWG.
That's four ;)

Just noticed it's an old thread, lol.
Damn, must've pressed the wrong key - thanks for the heads up. Edited it now so I only look like a bit of an idiot :P.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

AIW is amazing. If you like tournaments I highly suggest the 2011 TPI (Todd Pettengil invitational) Tons of great matches. zema Ion vs Paul London, Flip Kendrick vs Louis Lyndon, Tim Donst vs Mad Man Pondo, and Whitmer Vs Jacobs are all good round 1 matches plus Johnny Gargano vs Tozawa in an exhibition match as well as ACH in a preshow match before anyone really knew who he was. Night 2 is even better but I don't want to spoil the tournament.
JSP

Post by JSP »

ROH, PWG, and WWE religiously...when TNA was on their hot streak last summer, I followed them too.

Indies are only ROH and PWG. I can't get into AAW because their undercards are full of guys like Marion Fontaine. I couldn't get into CHIKARA because they had too many inconsequential shows for my liking.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

ROH and PWG consistently. PWX has caught my eye of late, and the occasional DGUSA DVD I can get on sale. I'm getting ready to give AAW a shot. Couldn't get into Chikara, (though HAVOC426's highlight videos are so good they make the product seem better than it is).

I've also been picking up old FIP cards that have been on sale at Highspots. A lot of them are worth the 5$ price tag and have some good talent on them.
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

DBSommer wrote:ROH and PWG consistently. PWX has caught my eye of late, and the occasional DGUSA DVD I can get on sale. I'm getting ready to give AAW a shot. Couldn't get into Chikara, (though HAVOC426's highlight videos are so good they make the product seem better than it is).

I've also been picking up old FIP cards that have been on sale at Highspots. A lot of them are worth the 5$ price tag and have some good talent on them.

PWX has been pretty good lately.
stay gold

Post by stay gold »

I don't watch much indy wrestling these days but I watch most of the big ROH shows, same for Chikara (come back, please!). I occasionally watch DGUSA and Evolve but less and less over time. I've been getting back into PWG lately, but I'll just watch a show here and there. My friend recommends Beyond, so I may check some of that stuff out. I'm just not as invested in indy wrestling as I was from like 2006 to 2010, but I still support it when I can.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

ROH, PWG, a couple local crappy feds.

Non-indy: WWE, TNA (although I'm not that invested in it, the matches are good), NJPW when time allows, other random stuff here and there, along with old stuff that took place before I was born or could remember it.
Dingus

Post by Dingus »

Just ROH, though am getting back into DGUSA and keen to watch a PWG show, the preview video for the latest dvd looks great.
Shook1

Post by Shook1 »

Dingus wrote:Just ROH, though am getting back into DGUSA and keen to watch a PWG show, the preview video for the latest dvd looks great.
Do it! You will love PWG!
Dingus

Post by Dingus »

I think I'll wait until I can get the newest show on DVD and give that a watch
Smile

Post by Smile »

What exactly does indie mean? Is ROH an indie?
JSP

Post by JSP »

Technically, no. It's owned by a corporation and has a good TV deal. It still acts as one, but it's not independently owned like a PWG, or AAW.
Smile

Post by Smile »

So basically WWE, TNA, and ROH aren't indie. That's what I thought.
Phenomenal

Post by Phenomenal »

I watch ROH and PWG regularly,and trying to follow EVOLVE and AAW.

Turkish man,sorry about my English.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Indy/indie is short for Independent. Basically privately owned and operated on a small scale.
Duke of Bridgewater

Post by Duke of Bridgewater »

With the exception of development territories, every promotion is independent. Especially WWE, which is owned by the man who has the last say in the booking.

I define indy promotion as "a promotion that uses independent wrestlers.

Independent wrestlers are free to work for every promotion who wants to book them.

WWE wrestlers are exclusively there and TNA wrestlers can work only non-taped shows elsewhere, so they are not independent.

ROH wrestlers work at other places all the time, so ROH is still part of the indy scene.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

I think
Saying we are superior to indies bacause we are Major.
And Major products wrestlers only merit is From Major.
(Only discribes as former XXX star is from Major)
IndyPowerRankings

Post by IndyPowerRankings »

We only rank wrestlers who are not in WWE or TNA in the Indy Power Rankings each week, so for us, ROH is an indy...a more prestigious indy, sure, but an indy just the same.
Follow the Indy Power Rankings on Twitter at @IndyPowerRankin or on Facebook at Facebook.com/IndyPowerRankings
Six String Samurai

Post by Six String Samurai »

I'm curious if anyone has ever checked out some of the smaller indies on SMV. I'm looking at AIW, AAW, wXw, IWA-EC and I see names that look familiar or intriguing. I don't want to just drop $15 for a product that may not be worth it.