What Independent Companies Do You Follow?

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
DBSommer

Re: What Independent Companies Do You Follow?

Post by DBSommer »

Six String Samurai wrote:I'm curious if anyone has ever checked out some of the smaller indies on SMV. I'm looking at AIW, AAW, wXw, IWA-EC and I see names that look familiar or intriguing. I don't want to just drop $15 for a product that may not be worth it.
And you have to throw in shipping and tax. If you want to sample something, look at either the first or second best card you think you'll like and get a download that's cheaper. I also notice the one Chikara download I bought from there is a *much* higher quality than the PWG and PWX dl's I got from Highspots.

I am in the process of sampling AAW, though I got two DVDs as their 'best of 11' was not available for DL. I looked at how stacked that was, and got Day of Defiance 13 as the best looking regular card. If they can't hook me with those two, then I won't worry about them further. I've also heard from people whose opinions I tend to agree with their good. Undercard is weak but the big matches deliver.
Dingus

Post by Dingus »

Dingus wrote:Just ROH, though am getting back into DGUSA and keen to watch a PWG show, the preview video for the latest dvd looks great.
Only been a week since I made this post, but spent most of my free time (only 1-2 hours a night after the kids are in bed) watching different indy shows. I'm two matches into PWG All-Star Weekend 9 Night 2 (latest show for download off Highspots, figured I'd give it a try instead of waiting for a DVD that will just take up space if I decided I didn't like it) and I'm very impressed and will 100% be getting some of their DVDs and will be starting to follow them.

Also watched Wrestling Is Respect's latest show, and seen some Wrestling is Fun! Both are good for the money so think I'll keep up with them too now.

2 weeks ago the only 'indy' I followed was ROH, but now my list will be:
ROH
PWG
DGUSA
WIF!
WIR
(At least until/if CHIKARA comes back, with my spare time 4 is a good number, but WIR only does shows seemingly every 3 months, so not a stretch to include them in)
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

If you haven't seen AIW, AAW, or IWC I highly would recommend them. Also if you want any of newer shows I would recommend pm'ing shook1 on here as he offers great deals.
typicalrohfan

Post by typicalrohfan »

This topic made me think of this Hey Arnold pic of which cast members would be fans of which promotion. Harold is spot on! http://wrestlingonearth.com/art-is-wres ... en-wilson/
Dingus

Post by Dingus »

Great link, haven't seen that before.
Indynut

Post by Indynut »

Valkyrie Women's Pro Wrestling
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Mostly women's wrestling : Shimmer, Shine, WSU and AIW's Girls Night Out shows.

I watched some of the Wrestling Is shows and might give CHIKARA a shot now that they're back.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Ladrao12

Post by Ladrao12 »

Truthfully, I don't think ROH is an indy anymore. Owned by a million (or billion) dollar corporation that financially backs them, they have a decent TV deal. I haven't considered ROH an indy for the last couple of years, though a good chunk of fans (good and bad) still seem to think so.

With that said:
PWG
DGUSA
Evolve
Chikara
AIW
PWX
FWE (So excited for their return this fall)
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

I don't watch them usually, but this time Smash-Wrestling release "Rival Schools 2014" for free, so why not ?
Chris Hero vs Takaaki Watanabe, Michael Elgin vs ACH, Josh Alexander vs Kyle O'Reilly sound good to me.
If you want to give it a try, go download the event on their website, it's absolutely free and in HD => http://smash-wrestling.com/
ImageImage
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

- Alexander-O'Reilly was MOTYC-worthy until the fighting spirit/no-sell finish where they made O'Reilly's methodical work on Alexander's arm completely pointless. (****)

- ACH-Elgin was just another ACH showcase without any story. After the match, Elgin cut a heartfelt (?) promo thanking the fans for their support, putting over the promotion and announcing that he signed an exclusive contract with ROH. (***1/2)

- Hero-Watanabe was kinda bland and forgettable frankly. Also, is it just me or is Hero letting himself go a bit ? He's not horribly out of shape or anything, but he seems to have packed a few pounds. (***)

As for the rest of the card :

- Pepper Parks (with Cherry Bomb) vs. Gregory Iron was a decent opener and I can't get enough of Bomb's heel antics. (**)

- Alex Vega & Brent Banks vs. Scotty O'Shea & Tyson Dux was a weird tag match where they had two rivals team up for a shot at the Smash title later, but they made it work. MOTN imo. (****)

- Cherry Bomb vs. Vanessa Kraven lasted about five minutes before Cherry hurt her ankle and wasn't able to continue. (NR)

- Corny's favorite team (no, not the Headbangers) had a crappy tables match against John Greed and Sebastian Suave where the rules didn't make any sense (wrestlers were "eliminated" when they went through a table, but it didn't matter because it was NO DQ). (*1/2)

- Alex Vega vs. Brent Banks vs. Matt Cross (c) was your typical three way match with two guys fighting while the third one was outside or on the ground. When they actually started to work together near the end, that was enjoyable and very good. (***1/2)
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Just watched the first half of the Smash show, favourite moment's got to be when during the tables match the morbidly obese head of security was supposed to be speared through a table but fell right through it before anybody even attempted for the spear because he was too fat
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Another entire show released for free, this time from Progress Wrestling, featuring El Ligero vs Tommy End, Prince Devitt vs Zack Sabre Jr. and Jimmy Havoc vs Mark Andrews.
ImageImage
Indynut

Post by Indynut »

Tier 1 Wrestling
Brii Combination Wrestling
WrestlePro