IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
KennyNO

Re: The TNA Thread

Post by KennyNO »

No doubt. I didn't mean that a knock against ROH. Just emphasizing how much better the big 2 have gotten for fans of awesome wrestling. I hope ROH steps it up and adds some more intrigue to their shows too.
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

Is anybody else liking this Abyss, Bully Ray, Joseph Park angle? I for one am and I just hope they don't f*ck it up in the end because from the looks of it, it's about to come to a conclusion...
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

FairPlay wrote:Is anybody else liking this Abyss, Bully Ray, Joseph Park angle? I for one am and I just hope they don't f*ck it up in the end because from the looks of it, it's about to come to a conclusion...
Abyss (I don't know his real name) is doing fantastic is his new role as Joseph Park, and Bully Ray has never been better - perfect heel. I really like this feud so far.
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

His real name is Chris Park.
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

Really?
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk »

Yep.
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

TNA President Dixie Carter announced on Tuesday afternoon that TNA World Heavyweight champion Austin Aries has signed a new, long-term agreement with the company:
@TNADixie wrote:Excited to have signed @AustinAries to a long term deal. I share the story on TNA Today TODAY.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I went ahead and did what every fan who's saying TNA is on a roll should be doing - ponied up the dough and ordered the PPV replay to send them a message that this company is finally getting it right after so many years. Haven't watched it yet, but it's on the DVR.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

Saw something on twitter that said Destination X did less than 10,000 buys.

What do TNA normally get as that seems like quite a poor number.

Maybe Mark Madden will write a column about how they're going out of business.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Sadly Tna usually gets less than 10,000 buys for a ppv. Supposedly the highest they ever did was 60,000 for the first ever Joe vs Angle match. Since then, they haven't built up a main event like that one.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

I was a big TNA mark back in '05-'06,then Russo came in and I finally pretty much stopped caring about the company sometime around 2008 or 2009, but I sat through a full two hour Impact for the first time in quite awhile last week after Aries won the belt, and I gotta say, stupid Claire storyline aside, it was pretty damn good, and this week's was even better. I'm really digging the BFG series and Aries as champ. ROH is still my favorite promotion, but if TNA keeps up their hot streak and Sinclair continues to not give a shit about ROH they just might slip to the #2 spot.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

The stupid Claire storyline and the latest invasion angle(not one has worked since the nwo) are turning me off of TNA.
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

Just like with WWE you have to find for yourself the good out of the product and not focus entirely on all of the bad.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

...or you can stop watching completely like I plan on. I don't have to do anything.
D2Kvirus

Post by D2Kvirus »

Slightly off-topic, but 411mania are running an article about dream ROH/TNA matches

***WARNING***
Some of the comments in the initial article are as obnoxious and ignorant in equal measure as Mark Madden's were

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/colum ... atches.htm
Rottenrocker
Banned
Banned

Post by Rottenrocker »

Entertaining episode this week with some very solid wrestling throughout. King looked great in his match against Zema Ion and he'll be tagging with Aries next week against Roode/Ion, that should be a solid match.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
BigTChamp

Post by BigTChamp »

Quick question, anyone know whether they use one of those "cheer/boo" prompters in the Impact Zone now? I just don't see a crowd of tourists popping that big for Chavo Guerrero, or the die hards booing Bully Ray when he's up against Robbie E.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

ROHFanAnthony wrote:...or you can stop watching completely like I plan on. I don't have to do anything.
Feel free to miss out on Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels in a ladder match on the next PPV.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

supersonic wrote:
ROHFanAnthony wrote:...or you can stop watching completely like I plan on. I don't have to do anything.
Feel free to miss out on Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels in a ladder match on the next PPV.
lol, what? this match is really random.
MOOSE!
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Except for that part where it combines two of the most acclaimed matches from the last PPV, and there are so many deep histories within the match, plus it's four guys in one ring that have great chemistry with one another. With ladders involved, it adds to the spectacle and makes the show a must-see already with Aries vs. Roode II on top. TNA and the four men are basically saying with this match that they can do better than either MITB match at the last WWE PPV. I'm happy to see TNA step up to this kind of plate.