IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
supersonic

Re: The TNA Thread

Post by supersonic »

DanielBryanson wrote:So, no big coronation for Kenny King? :lol:
He's getting at least two paydays instead of one this month.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

So finally got to watch the whole show and just... wow.

Darkota Dawson vs Rubix (Jigsaw) vs Lars Only (Johnny Yuma) vs (Scorpio Sky) Mason Andrews - ***

Mason Andrews vs Kid Kash - **1/2

Kenny King vs Douglas WIlliams - ***

Rashad Cameron vs Sonjay Dutt - **3/4

Zema Ion vs Flip Casanova - **

Bound For Glory Series- Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe - ***3/4

Last Man Standing- AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels - ****1/4

Ultimate X Match for the Vacant TNA X Division Championship - Mason Andrews vs. Zema Ion vs. Kenny King vs. Sonjay Dutt - ***

World Heavyweight Title-"The It Factor" Robert Roode vs "The Greatest Man That Ever Lived" Austin Aries - ****1/2

Aries vs Roode is definitely right below Elgin/Davey on my MOTY list now. Classic match and amazing title change. Only a couple eh things on the show (specifically Zema Ion) but outside of that everything did what it was supposed to and we got a few really great matches. TNA is definitely my favorite wrestling company right now. Couldn't imagine saying that 4 months ago.
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

I can't believe they actually gave Aries the strap. I mean yeah, he deserves it but when was the last time TNA actually gave a guy what they deserved?! Congrats Aries, congrats. :P
Last edited by FairPlay on Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lazyking

Post by Lazyking »

fm20000 wrote:So finally got to watch the whole show and just... wow.

Darkota Dawson vs Rubix (Jigsaw) vs Lars Only (Johnny Yuma) vs (Scorpio Sky) Mason Andrews - ***

Mason Andrews vs Kid Kash - **1/2

Kenny King vs Douglas WIlliams - ***

Rashad Cameron vs Sonjay Dutt - **3/4

Zema Ion vs Flip Casanova - **

Bound For Glory Series- Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe - ***3/4

Last Man Standing- AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels - ****1/4

Ultimate X Match for the Vacant TNA X Division Championship - Mason Andrews vs. Zema Ion vs. Kenny King vs. Sonjay Dutt - ***

World Heavyweight Title-"The It Factor" Robert Roode vs "The Greatest Man That Ever Lived" Austin Aries - ****1/2

Aries vs Roode is definitely right below Elgin/Davey on my MOTY list now. Classic match and amazing title change. Only a couple eh things on the show (specifically Zema Ion) but outside of that everything did what it was supposed to and we got a few really great matches. TNA is definitely my favorite wrestling company right now. Couldn't imagine saying that 4 months ago.
I agree more with these ratings :) I'd bump Andrews/Kash up cause I like the way they structured that match not really two guys cared for tho. I also thought King/Williams went too long...like a couple minutes.. Kenny works best for me in shorter matches.

Good ppv, TNA's best year in awhile.
RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

Its Impact Wrestling but the TNA World Title?
Lazyking

Post by Lazyking »

they just changed the show's brand not the company's name.
Rottenrocker
Banned
Banned

Post by Rottenrocker »

fm20000 wrote:I can't believe I'm saying this but TNA is the best in the world right now.
I remember when TNA was this good before. The "golden era" of 2005 to early 2006 before they brought Russo back. Now it looks like the new blood (sorry) in the creative team and more serious approach to the in-ring product has made TNA entertaining professional wrestling again.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

People are overeacting a lot with TNA, They are improve? Of Course and i am happy i was a huge TNA fan in the glory days but right now they are far from that.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Good PPV. But I doubt TNA can maintain this momentum heading forward for two reasons

1) The AJ/Dixie/Druggy story will continue
2) A lot of guys on the PPV aren't even on the roster
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Yeah they can´t fire Mr. Anderson, RVD, Jeff Hardy and the other crap they have
Lazyking

Post by Lazyking »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:Good PPV. But I doubt TNA can maintain this momentum heading forward for two reasons

Half of them will be signed and as bad as the AJ storyline has turned into, it was the highest rated segment in months so I doubt they will care.

Aries being champ and most guys actually having something to do is why it's miles better then it was 2 years ago.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

ROHWorld_Harry wrote:Good PPV. But I doubt TNA can maintain this momentum heading forward for two reasons

1. This storyline itself has been horrible but every match with AJ and Daniels/Kaz has been great so it makes up for it. Almost.
2. They are probably going to sign most of these guys or at least the ones who were really over. Kenny King, Jigsaw, MAYBE Scorpio Sky.

I've been saying for the past like 4 months I doubt TNA can keep this up. Eventually you just gotta say they are good right now.
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

Yea TNA is definitely starting to improve.

Will be interesting to see how this weeks impact is. Whats the bet these mystery attackers will attack hogan leading to Hogan & Sting vs. them at BFG? :?
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

They are good right now, but from that to say that they are the best is a huge statement, i don´t watch TNA only watched this month because of the X Division thing, to the people that watch it, tell me the best 3 PPVs this year and compare them with WWE and ROH.

WWE:

WrestleMania XXVIII
Extreme Rules
Elimination Chamber

ROH:

Border Wars
Unity
Showdown In The Sun Day 1
Last edited by 187_Joeism on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KennyNO

Post by KennyNO »

I actually thought Extreme Rules was WWE's best PPV this year. I would probably put that at 1 and Destination X at 2. I just don't like comparing ROH to the big tv Feds. I get a different kind of enjoyment from ROH. I love the technical and sporting contest aspects ROH brings, but in terms of general entertainment it's not close. It also doesn't help that the big leagues are starting to push great wrestling.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

WWE:

Royal Rumble (the RR was good and Punk-Ziggler was pretty good too, else sucked but sadly it's one of their best PPVs)
Over The Limit
Extreme Rulez

ROH:

Showdown In The sun Night 1 - Main Events were really good (Generico-Steen, 3-Way and Storm-Bennett), undercard was fun.
Border Wars (very good show top to bottom)
Unity
MOOSE!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

KennyNO wrote:I actually thought Extreme Rules was WWE's best PPV this year. I would probably put that at 1 and Destination X at 2. I just don't like comparing ROH to the big tv Feds. I get a different kind of enjoyment from ROH. I love the technical and sporting contest aspects ROH brings, but in terms of general entertainment it's not close. It also doesn't help that the big leagues are starting to push great wrestling.
ROH has a TV show now so you have to compare the company with TNA and WWE instead of the indys.
Rottenrocker
Banned
Banned

Post by Rottenrocker »

"It doesn't help that the big leagues are pushing great wrestling"

Actually it does because it shows people that sometimes you don't need a soap opera story to have a great match. Telling a story in-ring is one of the key fundamentals of professional wrestling.

If TNA keeps pushing forward with more hard-hitting in-ring action like they used to. People who are bored of the same old WWE style type of match will tune in.

As for ROH, it used to be a workrate promotion but clearly it's a different kind of animal now. The kind that needs to be put down sooner rather than later.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
KennyNO

Post by KennyNO »

I think you misunderstood me. By saying it doesnt help, I'm referring to ROH.

They (WWE and TNA) are combining intriguing story lines with great wrestling now. A few years ago if you wanted to watch the best in ring performers, you had to watch ROH. Now, not so much.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

A few years ago is you wanted to watch the best high flyers, you had to watch TNA, company change all of them have their glory days, but after they are over you have to keep going and grow and that´s what ROH is trying to do.