IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Brada

Re: The TNA Thread

Post by Brada »

what's the point behind that relationship?
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Brada wrote:what's the point behind that relationship?
Not dying
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So I'm wondering that, if Jeff Jarrett is partnering up with Konnan's Crash promotion in Tijuana, what are the chances that the likes of Pentagon Jr. & Fenix show up in TNA? I guess it's a possibility, but it'll all depend on the situation with Lucha Underground's contracts, specifically as it pertains to guys like Pentagon Jr. & Fenix, who have both left AAA.
JTCole wrote:Apparently TNA now works with NOAH
Wait, where did you see this?
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:So I'm wondering that, if Jeff Jarrett is partnering up with Konnan's Crash promotion in Tijuana, what are the chances that the likes of Pentagon Jr. & Fenix show up in TNA? I guess it's a possibility, but it'll all depend on the situation with Lucha Underground's contracts, specifically as it pertains to guys like Pentagon Jr. & Fenix, who have both left AAA.
I saw at www.noah.co.jp
They bring TNA for big show next month.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

ICHIFUJI wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
I saw at http://www.noah.co.jp
What's the date on that show?
K.O.

Post by K.O. »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
ICHIFUJI wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:

I saw at http://www.noah.co.jp
What's the date on that show?
http://impactwrestling.com/impact-profe ... rtnership/
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Does TNA still work with AAA?

AAA/NOAH/TNA makes sense if ROH/NJPW/CMLL are all going to stay buddies. WWE is truly going global and it's probably not going to be a good thing for companies like AAA and NOAH.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

famicommander wrote:Does TNA still work with AAA?

AAA/NOAH/TNA makes sense if ROH/NJPW/CMLL are all going to stay buddies. WWE is truly going global and it's probably not going to be a good thing for companies like AAA and NOAH.
I don't think so. Konnan was Jeff Jarrett's connection to AAA, but since Konnan had a bad falling out with them recently, that connection is pretty much done. Since Konnan is working with the Crash Promotion (I believe as the booker, but don't quote me on that), it looks like they'll be TNA's Mexico connection (The Hardys worked there recently, and Jeff Jarrett is working on one of their upcoming shows).

It seems like the trio is going to be CRASH/NOAH/TNA, which is a fascinating triangle, to say the least. A company like NOAH needs working partners (especially with a depleted roster following their recent sale and the termination of their working relationship with New Japan), and TNA is a good fit for them. If guys like Lashley, The Wolves, Moose, Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett, & DJ Z go over there, that could add A LOT to NOAH.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Life imitates art. Factions are built in wrestling storylines against an overlord(s). Factions built between wrestling companies against WWE Globalism.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Marufuji, Shiozaki, and Nakajima.

If TNA can get them to make some meaningful appearances, I'd love to see it
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Matt & Jeff Hardy and Drew Galloway still haven’t signed. A thing to watch out for is that the Hardys, Matt in particular, had been given free reign for their gimmick, and with the Jarrett crew back in charge of creative, whether that will continue remains to be seen. The one thing TNA had as its advantage over everyone else as far as the Hardys being here is that they knew they could do their ideas whereas elsewhere they wouldn’t have nearly the control. One would think the thing that would threaten their deals more than anything, aside from a pay issue, and in their case, I don’t see that happening because they are considered top guys, is if the Hardys no longer had full control over what they were doing
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So Eddie Edwards, Moose, & James Storm will all be on NOAH's next big show in Yokohama on March 12th.
Brada

Post by Brada »

The Josh Mathews twitter feed has been comical the past few days. He is now on a rant saying he is the best announcer in the business......lmao.

I think he has short man's syndrome. Give it a rest there short stack. You are very average.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So yeah, the Impact Wrestling "reboot"? Terrible television...
marcgeo13

Post by marcgeo13 »

Last time I tried was when they brought back Hogan, they just keep disappointing
marcgeo13

Post by marcgeo13 »

Only thing worth watching was Broken Hardys and you could see all that on youtube
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So I gave TNA, or I guess, Impact Wrestling, another try this week. There are still issues, but it was definitely a step up from Week 1 of this "reboot". I really enjoyed the return of LAX, which is now Konnan, Homicide, EYFBO (a tag team from the Northeast who are probably best known for their work in Beyond Wrestling and, most recently, CZW), and Diamante (aka Angel Rose, from the Florida independent scene).

DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Brada wrote:The Josh Mathews twitter feed has been comical the past few days. He is now on a rant saying he is the best announcer in the business......lmao.

I think he has short man's syndrome. Give it a rest there short stack. You are very average.
I've always been curious about that term. What is it called when someone of average height does the exact same thing? And what is it called when it's someone that's tall doing it?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I can't wait for the next set of tapings. I will avoid spoilers and go in blind. See if JJ can recapture some of the 2004-09 magic.

I liked last week's episode okay but I had already read the spoilers.
TNAmarkFrmIndia

Post by TNAmarkFrmIndia »

IMPACT's chief creative officer and new WOS executive producer Jeff Jarrett says World of Sport Wrestling's return to ITV is just the first step in the revamped brand becoming "a full-on wrestling promotion".

Jarrett said: "Being a part of this opportunity is great, but from the very beginning, it's a full-on wrestling promotion. It goes with everything.

"This show is already being shopped internationally around the world. We are going to look at live touring, merchandise, licencing, who knows, maybe a pay-per-view in the future.

"But it's a full-on wrestling promotion. It's not going to just be a television show."

He confirmed there would be no restrictions on WOS talents working for other independent promotions, but said they could not appear on other TV shows.

"As far as on-screen, on television, that's the nature of the business we're in, so they won't be participating in other television programmes, but independent promotions, yes."