IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
dark patriot

Re: The TNA Thread

Post by dark patriot »

yeah i wasnt planning on going but a buddy of mine was really interested so i most likely will end up going. there really isnt anybody there i dont wanna see except Hardy. if Anderson or Bischoffs kid were on it itd be easier to stay away. same card three days in a row so gotta give them a F in creativity.
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

TNA-I'll probably never buy a PPV or DVD again, but I'd go if they had a house show in Raleigh. I'll never go to another WWE show at the RBC center again after the horrible time I had at the last show I went to there, so I guess in that respect TNA trumps WWE for me.
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
cviens

Post by cviens »

icyhot wrote:TNA-I'll probably never buy a PPV or DVD again, but I'd go if they had a house show in Raleigh. I'll never go to another WWE show at the RBC center again after the horrible time I had at the last show I went to there, so I guess in that respect TNA trumps WWE for me.
Which show did you go to? I went to the 2011 draft at the RBC center and had a good time.
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

So...does anybody like this whole ODB/Eric Young thing they've got going on? I for one don't mind it and actually think they're a pretty good pairing together. :P
icyhot

Post by icyhot »

cviens wrote:
icyhot wrote:TNA-I'll probably never buy a PPV or DVD again, but I'd go if they had a house show in Raleigh. I'll never go to another WWE show at the RBC center again after the horrible time I had at the last show I went to there, so I guess in that respect TNA trumps WWE for me.
Which show did you go to? I went to the 2011 draft at the RBC center and had a good time.
I don't remember what year it was. There was maybe twenty minutes of wrestling on it. Kane squashed CM Punk in like 90 seconds or something. 2009 maybe?
Support REAL Indy Wrestling and small business.
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

Has anybody heard and/or cared about Jesse Sorensen's injury he suffered at TNA's PPV last Sunday?

Well I did/have and I'd just like to say, I wish him a quick and speedy recovery back to the squared circle. Get well soon man, get well soon. :)
cviens

Post by cviens »

I didn't even hear Sorenson was injured. Then again I don't keep up with TNA. I did watch the X-Division contract matches they had and he looked good. I haven't seen anything since then. Any recommendations?
FairPlay

Post by FairPlay »

cviens wrote:I didn't even hear Sorenson was injured. Then again I don't keep up with TNA. I did watch the X-Division contract matches they had and he looked good. I haven't seen anything since then. Any recommendations?
Not really lol. I haven't really watched TNA since about Nov. or so...but I just thought I'd bring up that Sorenson got hurt (its pretty serious too) and see what people had to say about it...apparently not much lol. :P
necrobaker

Post by necrobaker »

I DVR Impact to watch Austin Aries and James Storm.

Speaking of Aries, he's only 23 days away from becoming the longest reigning X-Division Champion in history. I hope it happens.
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

I'm surprised anyone can still muster the attention to watch TNA.
crimsonmasque

Post by crimsonmasque »

Mr. Small Package wrote:I'm surprised anyone can still muster the attention to watch TNA.
Since Hogan has taken a back seat, for now, it has gotten better, IMO.

The X Division matches are always exciting to watch, and as far the main eventers; I've been impressed with Roode/Storm/Hardy.

Most of these guys can really wrestle, it's just always been the BS with Hogan and Bischoff that has made it unwatchable.
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

TNA has a roster of talent, but it's more complicated than just Hogan being in the spotlight. Russo is finally gone except that still leaves Hogan, Bischoff, and Sting. Not to mention there's Dixie Carter, quite possibly the worst thing to happen to wrestling since the Katie Vick angle. I used to have faith in TNA, however, over the years they've really turned themselves into something I can't even bear to watch. The X Division still isn't up to par with how it was years ago.
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

Mr. Small Package wrote:TNA has a roster of talent, but it's more complicated than just Hogan being in the spotlight. Russo is finally gone except that still leaves Hogan, Bischoff, and Sting. Not to mention there's Dixie Carter, quite possibly the worst thing to happen to wrestling since the Katie Vick angle. I used to have faith in TNA, however, over the years they've really turned themselves into something I can't even bear to watch. The X Division still isn't up to par with how it was years ago.
I always used to think "If that guy got released he'd be great in ROH" for a lot of the guys. TNA has quickly made me not care about a lot of wrestlers I really used to like (AJ, Joe etc.) and now the only guy I still give a damn about in that company is Alex Shelley, I would love him to work the Indies and Japan again, by far the most underutilized guy in TNA.
MFKR78

Post by MFKR78 »

I've enjoyed and given up on TNA a million times over it feels like. Found it in something like 06 and enjoyed it until Russo came back and everything went to shit. Basically then I've wanted to like it and gone back time and time again thinking things are going to improve, then they haven't ever since.

Just recently gone back again since I'm completely tired of WWE and had enough and actually I'm really enjoying it for more than one weeks episode for once. Russo being toned down has been very evident and now he's gone I only hope it's going to get better still.

Great points about TNA for me right now are Roode being a great shit heel champion, Storm is a great face in the Stone Cold mould, Hardy is doing well since he seems to be clean finally (always rooted for him but had thought he'd never beat his demons) Aries is on fire in the X Division, Shelley being back is great too (can't wait for Sabin aswell) Bully Ray has totally refreshed himself and changed my opinion on him and become an amazing singles heel and the Knockouts are getting back to their best since Gail Kim returned and has been taking on Mickie James and Tara.

Bad points for me would be the TV title being worthless, I don't know why they don't put it on someone like Daniels or even a main event player who can't currently be in the main event like Anderson or RVD to elevate the title. Have it defended each week and have people like Pope, Anderson, RVD, Daniels etc care about it and it would begin to slowly mean something. The X Division is pretty thin these days, especially since they just lost Sorensen long term. They have some guys with potential like Ion and Nese but they need a few strong guys in there like they used to like Petey Williams, Jay Lethal etc. It just needs a couple more good guys to fill out the division. Eric Young's comedy act needs to stop, he can do it but I'd much rather see him just be a serious wrestler....in the X Division would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Young was great when he was facing Shelley for the X Title years back and I do like him in the ring but the comedy is too lame to get behind. The tag division also needs a lot of work since they let the Bucks go and Beer Money split. Roode and Storm are great main eventers but they need some more REAL tag teams like they used to have. Anarquia is a poor mans Homicide, the Guns are on the shelf and we really only have 2 guys thrown together as the main teams. This just needs building a bit again. Garrett Bischoff is on TV way too much aswell but I think he could be good further down the line, just not a fan of how much they're pushing him down our throats.

On the whole I feel more positive about TNA right now than I have in years. Enjoying the shows and hoping it keeps getting better.
MFKR78

Post by MFKR78 »

Also have to say having just seen it that Aries and Shelley had an awesome match at Against All Odds. Loved it.
cviens

Post by cviens »

After I finish watching this NJPW/AJPW/NOAH joint show I'm going to check out some TNA matches that catch my eye. Aries/Shelley is one.
MFKR78

Post by MFKR78 »

It was a great match, one of the best I've seen on TV for ages and it legit got me excited to be watching which is something I haven't been able to say in years probably.

AJ Styles vs Kazarian was also a pretty good match from the same show. Bobby Roode and James Storm have had some good ones recently, Storm vs Angle from an Impact a while back was especially good.
Hammond Eggar

Post by Hammond Eggar »

TNA has been pretty good over the last 6-7 weeks. The UK shows were easily the best Impacts in history.
cviens

Post by cviens »

I've heard Russo is gone, which can't be anything other than good.
TelkEvolon

Post by TelkEvolon »

cviens wrote:I've heard Russo is gone, which can't be anything other than good.
Russo is nowhere near the issue that Hogan & "EZE" are.

Russo was with TNA for all of their great years. Hoagn & Eric have only been there and made it worse, just before they came TNA was at their best level since 2007.
"Each generation wants new symbols, new people, new names. They want to divorce themselves from their predecessors."

- Jim Morrison