IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
famicommander

Re: IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:57 am
famicommander wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:53 am Slight increase in viewership (109,000-->113,000) this week but the demo rating was cut in half (0.04-->0.02)

The troubling pattern remains, though. After each of these shows:
Slammiversary
Against All Odds
Under Siege
Rebellion

The follow up episode lost viewers from the go-home episode.

The last time they gained viewers after an Impact Plus or PPV card was when they gained 2000 viewers for Sacrifice. The last time they gained a statistically significant number of viewers was way back in February.

Can't imagine what this upcoming mixed gender tag show is gonna do to viewership.
That’s on Impact +. Generally speaking, if you’re a hardcore fan, you already have the app. If you’re not interested in the event, you won’t watch or buy the app. I bet the amount of people that watch the event and THEN decide to stop watching Impact is super small.
I think the more likely scenario, like with the viewership drops from previous Impact Plus and PPV shows, is that a segment of the TV audience is reading the results and becoming less enthused about the upcoming episode.

Four consecutive instances of viewership drops after the PPV/Impact Plus card isn't a coincidence. The "smart" segment of the audience, the ones either buying the shows/subscribing or at least bothering to read the results, aren't happy.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Impact's Youtube numbers are in the shitter too. AEW and ROH are more or less flat versus 2020 and both up versus 2019.

Beyond and Limitless barely even exist anymore but they still pull great numbers somehow, but still down significantly.

EDIT: Thurston from Wrestlenomics made the chart and he says he tried to account for videos that had been taken down, such as the episodes of MLW that got pulled for Mil Muertes and all the stuff NWA pulled when they bolted for Fite.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Impact lost another 10,000 viewers versus the pre-Homecoming episode.

103,000 viewers, second lowest of the year. Only the episode that wasn't listed properly on cable guide services scored lower.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

122,000 viewers this week, best total since June 10 but still pretty low.

Down 23% from the same week last year.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:50 pm 122,000 viewers this week, best total since June 10 but still pretty low.

Down 23% from the same week last year.
Up 19,000 viewers. The Missy Hyatt and Kenny Omega stuff must be working!
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

So that's how Omega drops the title. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHHA. Everyone defending this shit....there ya go. He put over that young IMPACT Wrestling stud *checks notes* Christian Cage................
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

And…Kenny Omega just lost the Impact Title before he lost the AEW Title. For months “know it all” Famico said that Kenny would not lose the Impact title before the AEW title, based on some Tony Khan interview. Famico is so deep into the dirt sheets, he just got worked. LMAO! You don’t know as much as you think you do, and this is proof positive.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Shanahan wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:24 pm So that's how Omega drops the title. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHHA. Everyone defending this shit....there ya go. He put over that young IMPACT Wrestling stud *checks notes* Christian Cage................
But Famico has been telling us for months he wouldn’t lose the Impact Title before the AEW Title. Guess he’s reading the wrong dirt sheet.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:26 pm
Shanahan wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:24 pm So that's how Omega drops the title. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHHA. Everyone defending this shit....there ya go. He put over that young IMPACT Wrestling stud *checks notes* Christian Cage................
But Famico has been telling us for months he wouldn’t lose the Impact Title before the AEW Title. Guess he’s reading the wrong dirt sheet.
He lost it to an AEW guy (who used finisher on a chair) who is gonna go on to job to Omega at the big PPV. This kills IMPACT title & it also ruins Page's eventual Title reign. It's just fucking shit all around. If you can't see that then i envy you.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:44 am
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:44 am
famicommander wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:29 am It got us talking about how stupid Impact is and how this hurts their loyal fanbase in pursuit of a casual audience that only cares about Omega and will leave along with him when he's done with Impact.

There is no way this can be spun into a positive for Impact. They have buried their world title and kicked their long suffering fans square in the dick.
And you know this how? Dirt sheets? Some interview with Khan? I guess since it was a “shoot” interview, he can only tell the truth. Rich Swann lost to Kenny Omega, not Bad Bunny or 2000 David Arquette. I don’t know how losing to a legitimate champion in the #2 promotion is “burying a title”. Ridiculous.
Tony Khan has already said nobody is pinning Omega to get their belts back until after he has lost the AEW title.

That's assuming Omega is pinned at all to lose the other companies' belts. He could just as easily drop them in a 3 way or vacate them.

But, best case scenario, someone like Moose gets to pin Omega to regain the Impact World Title after he has already been pinned for the AEW title, and possibly the AAA title or other titles he may win in the interim.

So that already establishes the AEW title as well above the Impact title. So why would anyone want the Impact title and why would fans give a shit?

This isn't complicated. This is the most basic booking logic possible.

And if Tony Khan turned out to be lying and does allow everybody to pin Omega before he drops the AEW belt, then Khan is even dumber than Dixie Carter or Billy Corgan because he'll have buried his own world title.

When one guy has multiple world title belts there's no way to save all of the belts. Inevitably, one belt comes out of it looking the best and all the others are necessarily buried.
Wrong!
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

He lost it to an AEW guy.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Basically, the reason I was wrong about my prediction is because both AEW and Impact are even stupider than I could possibly have comprehended.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:32 pm
Still lost it before the AEW belt. You didn’t say that he would lose it to an AEW guy, but here you are trying to backtrack. Thinking you’re a know it all. You’re just wrong.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:33 pm Basically, the reason I was wrong about my prediction is because both AEW and Impact are even stupider than I could possibly have comprehended.
Well Tony Khan said it in an interview! All good promoters give away future storylines in interviews!!!
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:34 pm

Still lost it before the AEW belt. You didn’t say that he would lose it to an AEW guy, but here you are trying to backtrack. Thinking you’re a know it all. You’re just wrong.
Both titles are buried now. I was wrong, and I admit it, but the only reason I was wrong is because both companies are next level stupid.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Shanahan wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:31 pm
He lost it to an AEW guy (who used finisher on a chair) who is gonna go on to job to Omega at the big PPV. This kills IMPACT title & it also ruins Page's eventual Title reign. It's just fucking shit all around. If you can't see that then i envy you.
Dude, I don’t care. I don’t hold belts of predetermined matches as the holy grail. They’re a prop. In 5 years, nobody will care about any of this.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:35 pm

Both titles are buried now. I was wrong, and I admit it, but the only reason I was wrong is because both companies are next level stupid.
Nope. The fans there liked the result. They didn’t sit on their hands. Only the 1% internet 24/7 dirt sheet guys like yourself will claim both titles are “buried”.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:37 pm

Nope. The fans there liked the result. They didn’t sit on their hands. Only the 1% internet 24/7 dirt sheet guys like yourself will claim both titles are “buried”.
They just blew off a 9 month build to put over a 46 year old they're about to bury on the next PPV. All the heat for both companies is gone.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

famicommander wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:39 pm
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:37 pm

They just blew off a 9 month build to put over a 46 year old they're about to bury on the next PPV. All the heat for both companies is gone.
Bingo. It's a WWE move to pin your champ and then have a rematch 3 weeks later...fucking sad.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

A 9 month build that you and others have shitted on, but now you’re upset they had ex-Impact star Cage win the belt. Ratings really didn’t go up, but now we’re upset about heat for both companies going away. Okay….