IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
DougN

Re: IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

Post by DougN »

The Josh Alexander video/doc was REALLY well done.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Impact/AEW partnership is over after tonight. LMAO
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

I was planning on going to BFG, but it sold out. I'm guessing Sam's Town Live is running at reduced capacity, but still, good for Impact.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They actually fucking did it.

That was amazing!!!
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I really liked the X Division title match. That was my match of the night. Both main events were fine. The swerve at the end is interesting and I know a lot of people want to see that guy as champ but it really do much for me especially since the match prior wasn't as good as I thought it would be.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I will say this im completely done with impact after their dumb fans have made jokes about roh possibly going away and turning who will sign where into a game i rather watch Monday night raw every week then support a company that has a lot of fans like that
Indynut

Post by Indynut »

Hard To Kill was ve4y good the other night.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Indynut wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:42 am Hard To Kill was ve4y good the other night.
I watched the show. It was pretty good. I could have lived with less hardcore gimmick matches.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Last night was my first true live Impact ppv - No Surrender via the youtube ultimate insiders 5$.

Top of bottom, I thought it was a very balanced, enjoyable show. The 4 way x-division was a great opener, the middle card matches were pretty good, the impact title match was better than I was expecting. The tag title match had a big surprise. I was surprised the Impact vs Honor no more main evented, and thought they knocked it out the park. Ending was super predictable, but still enjoyable.

I’d give it a solid 8/10. Pretty good for their monthly special.

Backstage notes say morale was high, and Dalton Castle was there, but just backstage.
Indynut

Post by Indynut »

I didn't think the show was that great. I was falling asleep during the 10 man tag. Going into the show, Hard To Kill would be a tough act to follow.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Indynut wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:58 am I didn't think the show was that great. I was falling asleep during the 10 man tag. Going into the show, Hard To Kill would be a tough act to follow.
Yeah, I could see where expectations play a factor. I was coming in with little-no expectations. Typically I’m not a big impact fan, but to be fair they’ve picked it up quite a bit lately, adding guys like Mike Bailey and the ROH talent. Seems like the story is better. Cardona is hot now. Moose is being presented as a champion should.

I didn’t see hard to kill, but think I have access to watch that now. For 5$ a month, it’s not a bad deal. I’m not ready to spend like $30+ on a ppv. (Money isn’t an issue, I just have better things to spend it on)
Indynut

Post by Indynut »

I have enjoyed Impact since last year's Rebellion pay pee view.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Nice promo by Eddie Edwards at the end of Impact.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Sacrifice was a really good show. Go out of your way to check out Jay White vs. Alex Shelley.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Just want to make sure i'm not missing something here...

Signed up for Impact plus at No Surrender on FEB 19th.

March had Sacrifice on March 5th

April has "multiverse of Matches on April 1st and Rebellion on APril 23rd, Both on PPV, not impact plus.

May has Under Siege on Impact Plus.

Seems like Multiverse show, should be on Impact plus, but it's just going to PPV. Wanted to make sure that's right. Guess the reply would come to impact plus.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:26 am Just want to make sure i'm not missing something here...

April has "multiverse of Matches on April 1st and Rebellion on APril 23rd, Both on PPV, not impact plus.

Seems like Multiverse show, should be on Impact plus, but it's just going to PPV. Wanted to make sure that's right. Guess the reply would come to impact plus.
They use Impact Plus for the minor monthly shows but the major ones are PPV only. Good luck getting someone to answer you from Impact. I've had nothing but problems with the app and can't get a response from customer service.
Montana

Post by Montana »

kovs27 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:38 am
Montana wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:26 am Just want to make sure i'm not missing something here...

They use Impact Plus for the minor monthly shows but the major ones are PPV only. Good luck getting someone to answer you from Impact. I've had nothing but problems with the app and can't get a response from customer service.
I was trying to figure that out. Looks like i'm just subscribed through Youtube, which is cheaper/better from what i've heard. Honestly i haven't really watched it, except for the monthly PPV shows. Feels like i should cancel, but it's 5$. Was just kinda hoping to catch the multi-verse show.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Montana wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:47 am
kovs27 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:38 am

I was trying to figure that out. Looks like i'm just subscribed through Youtube, which is cheaper/better from what i've heard. Honestly i haven't really watched it, except for the monthly PPV shows. Feels like i should cancel, but it's 5$. Was just kinda hoping to catch the multi-verse show.
Don’t the PPVs show up on Impact + after a few weeks? Not bad if you don’t mind waiting a bit to see them.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I haven't finished watching Under Siege yet, but it was a pretty solid show.

Laredo Kid vs. Mike Bailey vs. Rich Swann - 3.5 Fun X-divison match.

Steve Maclin vs. Chris Sabin - 3.75 - Very good wrestling match

Trey Miguel vs. Ace Austin - 3.75 - Another enjoyable X-Division match

Honor No More vs. Bullet Club - 3.25 - 3.5 - Fun, more of a brawl; surprising finish. I think Taven vs. Switchblade is a match i never thought i wanted; but kind of do. (Also think think Taven is a future Impact champ, if he stays with the company)

Briscoes vs. VBD - 3.25 - OK match; but good to see the ending

Sami Callahan & Mia Yim Return

I haven't watched Josh Alexander vs. Ishii yet; but i'm assuming that match will be pretty good as well.

All in all, 8/10 show for me. Had a bit of everything, surprises, high flying, some technical wrestling, some brawls, and a well put together show. For 5$ on their monthly Youtube; it's a good value.

Maybe i'm ROH biased; but i feel like this is the best Impact/TNA has been since like 2006-07 for me personally. Solid upper card, solid X-Division, good women's division, filtering in/out lots of talent. It's not even just the ROH guys, but like ALexander, Moose, Steve Maclin has been impressive, Chris Bey, Trey Miguel, Ace Austin, Matt Cardona, Mike Bailey, Jonah, they have a strong roster. Seems like they are getting away from some of the gimmicky type stuff now too.... at least for now. (IE: wrestle house) but they still do have PCO doing some gimmick work.
roacheyyy

Post by roacheyyy »

Impact for promotion of the year