IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
TNAmarkFrmIndia

Re: The TNA Thread

Post by TNAmarkFrmIndia »

Impact Wrestling conducted a media conference call featuring Executive Vice Presidents Scott D'Amore and Don Callis. You can listen to the conference call here.
  • In regards to breaking news of Aries as Champion, D'Amore said "Something that is new that we are trying going to monitor and we will see what response is to it"

D'Amore "We have made a drastic change in regards to how we deal with IP, we sat down and its important all wrestlers know that right is available to including Matt Hardy and we wish them all success"

D'Amore "Important that we find fresh talent and its important that we look to grow the knockout division"

Callis " We are moving towards a future where you have to embrace whats going on in the business. The power is in the hands of the wrestlers."

D'Amore on Impact WRESTLING taping location "We do feel strongly its important that we get out in front of fans in US and hopefully around the world, good chance you will see us in Canada and other US locations"

D'Amore on twitch Impact WRESTLING deal "You will see an Impact channel on twitch including historic and new content. Behind the fourth wall and wrestlers not in a studio setting"

Callis on going back to 4 sided ring "Both shared view that primary importance is creating environment where talent can flourish from top to bottom. Talent prefer 4 sided ring"

D'Amore on contract expires of EC3, Lashley and other "Always look for a combination of established talent as well as influx of new talent. This is a business where we work together but sometimes we part ways and see you down the road"

Callis on role at Impact WRESTLING "I have no plans to be in front of the camera"

Callis on how its been since returning to Impact WRESTLING "Being around the boys has been great. Its a steep learning curve being around the TV filming. Its an intense learning experience but I'm having fun"

D'Amore on what we won't see from Impact WRESTLING going forward "Decisions made for anything other than what we feel is best for the company. Talent won't be treated as assets and as human beings."

D'Amore regarding PPV schedule "Currently evaluating schedule in a world that is ever changing in content delivery the PPV business has changed. PPV will be area we will look to grow."

There will be a live PPV in April coming shortly

D'Amore on partnership with AAA and NOAH "We have an open door policy as discussed we want to work with as many partners as we can. We want to focus on bringing in great talent from around the World."

D'Amore on plans to bring Impact WRESTLING to the UK "The UK has been a huge market for this company historically. We are excited and stoked to be working with Spike UK and part is getting product on TV and other part is engaging with live events."

Callis on rumour of Rey Mysterio joining Impact WRESTLING "Read lot of rumours so I kind of don't put a lot of stock into rumours. Fans look at who they like to see and I totally get it."

D'Amore on new Impact WRESTLING Title belts "There will be new Title belts for April"

D'Amore on plans of Impact WRESTLING tapings in the UK "We want to get out in front of UK fans in live event setting, TV would be fantastic if we could get to that point again"

D'Amore on WOS "Was really excited to work on relaunch of WOS before but if opportunity comes up again we would be very open and exciting for an opportunity like that"

D'Amore on Austin Aries winning the Title "Austin is a tremendous talent who has long history with Impact. Getting him in the mix is a great opportunity for us. He has a mindset which aligns with a lot of things we are looking to do here"

D'Amore on bringing back British Bootcamp "Tremendous talent pool in UK which certainly deserve opportunities on broader skill. One of great things about Bootcamp was to get a connection to these talents. Proved to be a successful concept. Something we will look at."

Callis on what's next Impact WRESTLING "We have a short honeymoon period and have to make the most of that. My goal is focusing on delivering product wrestling fans want to see and lets make this place a destination for fans and talent"

D'Amore "The proven approach in any business is that there is a lot of little things that need to be done to lead to better times. Not one move will change the world of Impact WRESTLING"

D'Amore "Trust has to be built with fans, wrestlers, others in the wrestling industry. We can say it all we want but as we sit here at beginning of 2018 there is speculation. We need to consistently put out a product that fans can get invested in."

Callis on marketing plans "The best bet for any company is you first have to have the product. Talk about show me not tell me. Before we get into it too much we have to show people what we are about. What is the Impact story."

Callis on Moose injury speculation "He tweaked his knee. He is being evaulated today but we think he is going to be ok"

Callis on goals for next 12 months "Hard to pick out one thing. We want to have a buzz about the product that is second to none. If you have the buzz that means you are reaching customers and your fans. If we do that lot of other pieces fall into place."

D'Amore on seeing another Impact WRESTLING video game "We would love to explore opportunities. I'm sure its something we will look to tackle in 2018. We would be foolish to say we didn't want a video game."

Callis "We want to be accessible to media where we can. Want to get the word out and of course and have an open door policy. Scott, Ed and I want to make this place a destination for fans and talent."
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Saying (mostly) the right things but a surprise return winning the world title in street clothes in a taped match seconds after he returned isn't exactly separating this new regime from what we have come to expect from TNA.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

In addition, one of our darlings getting the title means nothing without adequate writers. SmackDown’s main event scene has shown zero improvement (thanks to Road Dogg and crew) after shifting the title from Mahal to Styles and the challengers from Orton and Nakamura to Zayn and Owens.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So Garrett Kidney recently announced that he got by hired by TNA as a digital producer. For those who don't know, Garrett was a writer on Voices of Wrestling and is (pretty much) the foremost expert when it comes to TNA (he's seen pretty much every match in company history multiple times). If anyone deserves a job with TNA, it's Garrett.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:32 pm Saying (mostly) the right things but a surprise return winning the world title in street clothes in a taped match seconds after he returned isn't exactly separating this new regime from what we have come to expect from TNA.
You've perfectly worded my feelings on this situation. I wouldn't have had an issue with Aries winning the belt that just feels like the most TNA way ever.
TNAmarkFrmIndia

Apparently, the Barbed Wire Massacre Match between LAX and oVe for next week's episode will not air on television as Pop TV deemed it "too violent". Instead it will be posted onto Twitch.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Seems like a really stupid spot to even try. I hope Eddie is ok.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Those Grand Championship spoilers... TNA gonna TNA...
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

On twitter Don Callis basically confirmed it was a way to bury that belt. Consider it defunct.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Meltzer:
Eddie Edwards is okay, at least compared to fears last night. He had a broken nose, some other broken bones and has a black eye from when a baseball bat accidently ricocheted and hit him in the eye doing an angle with Sami Callihan, and he was rushed to the hospital.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

kovs27 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:36 pm On twitter Don Callis basically confirmed it was a way to bury that belt. Consider it defunct.
Apparently not, from the looks of the spoilers today...
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:43 pm
kovs27 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:36 pm On twitter Don Callis basically confirmed it was a way to bury that belt. Consider it defunct.
Apparently not, from the looks of the spoilers today...
Oh man, don't tell me Mathews is defending the title
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

nope, worse
Spoiler: show
They had Sydal take the title back, then win the X Division title to become a double champion, then drop the Grand Title to Austin Aries who is now a double champion less than a week after returning to the company. No idea why they need to bury Sydal like that the day after he won the X-Division title.

If they wanted that title on Aries, why not just have him win the stupid thing himself? Or, if you're getting rid of it anyway, why not unify it with the X-Division belt? Unifying it with the Grand Title would elevate the X-Division belt; the #2 and the #3 title being unified makes it mean a little more. Instead, you unify it with the #1 title by having him pin the X-Division Champion.

Just makes the X-Divison belt seem like shit.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I watched Barbed Wire Massacre 3 on Twitch. I think this is the first time since they left Spike, that I have watched contemporary TNA. I might have watched an Impact when they first went to Destination American,but it's been 3 years at least.

It's very unTNA to have only done 3 Barbed Wire Massacres in a 12 year span, I'd of thought they'd be on their 25th by now.

This match was shown on the internet I would have liked if they didn't censor they middle fingers or the time Homicide yelled "fuck you" defiantly at Sami Callihan.

I liked that both teams wore Bunkhouse Brawl gear for this match. This is the kind of wild match stip that you wear jeans, T shirts and cowboy boots. Also speaking of gear I'd wear a Wu-Tang Style Homicide shirt.

There was some crazy spots, and a lot of use of the barbed wire and other weaponry. The unprotected chair shots were vicious, a tad foolish but vicious. It was violent but obscure cable wrestling violent. I was expecting a lot of barbed wire spots and a tons of blood, being pulled from TV and all. I thought there was gonna be a ton of blood or someone tangled up like ridiculous but there was nothing in this match that you couldn't have shown on TV.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I thought it was a good plunder match. It was weird seeing so many barbed wire spots and not blood but it didn't take much away from the match. It was the right match for 2 factions that hate each other.
TNAmarkFrmIndia

Don Callis on Killing The Town podcast:
I've watched the first show and was very entertained by it. Its got me very excited for what we plan to do with the company. Part of that was my first creative session, writing TV for talent that I have never met before hand. It was a very weird experience. Now after being with them and talking to the talent I am now starting to get ideas. And I'd like to emphasise this is not going to happen overnight quoting Mike Babcock, this is going to take a year at least, we're not going to become your ECW 1996 or 1997 overnight. There will be some departures some who have been with the company for a long time and changes this week but we won't be hurt by them at all and some of those changes are very exciting. If there are any departures, there will be incomings. You may think I'm biased but I would like to hear your thoughts on it and I think people will like it.

Please don't give us comments "OH YOU GUYS SHOULD SIGN AUSTIN OR ROCK" or "Just fucking die". No we bring in guys who we feel we can make stuff happen with and of course try to bring in who people like. Our new social media guy who has been fantastic so far, will be putting out a few surveys for fans to do if they wish. He's Irish too.

Recommendations I make for you are Brian Cage, the kids a stud and does incredible things in the ring. Bobby Lashley was blown away by him and heavily put him over backstage. On the female side there are 2 or 3. Su Yung's presentation is tremendous certainly one of the best out there right now and of course our franchise woman. Rosemary. Who is as over as you can get and I believe is one of the most creative women in wrestling. But Kiera Hogan is a real hot and upcoming talent she connected with the crowd instantly and I really can't wait to do more stuff with her.

But again I'd like to reiterate, these tapings are just the start of our vision and please be patient.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Can't afford to be patient because they could have an entirely new brain trust by the time the next tapings roll around.
TNAmarkFrmIndia

Dave Meltzer: Kevin Kelly and Don Callis Could Be Announcing Impact Wrestling

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/stat ... 0213371904
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
The never-ending pay issues are that now the checks come six weeks after the appearance and some guys now, since Impact is booking guys for indie dates, are mad at losing their own indie dates where they’ll get paid that night and working indie dates for Impact where they’ll be paid six weeks later instead