IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
TNAmarkFrmIndia

Re: The TNA Thread

Post by TNAmarkFrmIndia »

Austin Aries vs Pentagon Jr. vs Fenix to main event IMPACT's April PPV Redemption.
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/sta ... 65089?s=20
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

famicommander wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:17 am crap show, crap production, Del Rio no showed

crist brothers suck ass
The show was fun live brother. Crowd was hot for it. Scott Steiner wore an nWo Wolfpack t-shirt on an Impact Wrestling show it was great.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Scott Steiner looked like he was forced to wrestle that match at gunpoint, and did the bare minimum to get out of there without someone blowing his brains out. Sad.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I didn't get that vibe at all. What do you want Scott to do besides hit a couple suplexes and flip a couple birds.

He was billed to be lived and uncensored but never took the mic and that was a little disappointing.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I watched it on Twitch and enjoyed the show. Nothing ground breaking but I was entertained.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

WebConn wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:31 pm I didn't get that vibe at all. What do you want Scott to do besides hit a couple suplexes and flip a couple birds.

He was billed to be lived and uncensored but never took the mic and that was a little disappointing.
He just stood there the whole match, took the hot tag, got the win, and waddled out of there.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

This isn't Scott Steiner 1992. What did you expect.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

A minimal amount of effort, perhaps? I've seen him look a hell of a lot better than that pretty recently.
KingOfHinor

Post by KingOfHinor »

I gave up on them after they let AJ go. Trying again since they brought Cage in.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Impact axed from UK television.

That was the only TV deal besides the Indian one that gave them significant revenue. They'd better be kissing Sony Six's ass because if they decide to pull the plug whenever their deal is up, I don't see how Impact survives.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Need a source for that please.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

It quietly disappeared from all UK TV listings and they sent out this tweet today:
https://twitter.com/IMPACTonSPIKE/statu ... -days.html

In addition, they aired exactly 52 episodes. Stands to reason that they signed a one year deal that has not been renewed.

They may indeed have something else in the works. For their sake I hope they do.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

WebConn

Post by WebConn »

TNAmarkFrmIndia

Is IMPACT working with NJPW? Bringing in Taiji Ishimori as Bone Soldier is one thing, using the NJPW logo on the graphic is another.
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/sta ... 86562?s=20
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

TNAmarkFrmIndia wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:34 am Is IMPACT working with NJPW? Bringing in Taiji Ishimori as Bone Soldier is one thing, using the NJPW logo on the graphic is another.
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/sta ... 86562?s=20
I'm not really concerned, since Impact runs a different market right now anyway. I'm actually hoping this leads to more ROH/Impact co-operation.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I think this is a mistake for NJPW. Whatever number of the 300,000 people per week that watch Impact and also care about NJPW are extremely likely to follow ROH anyway.

The only party that benefits from Impact jumping into the ROH/NJPW/CMLL group is Impact.

And if there is a relationship going forward, what does this mean for Impact/AAA/NOAH?
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

I mean honestly maybe NJPW is trying to replace ROH with iMPACT!. What more does NJPW have to gain from the relationship they have with ROH? iMPACT! has a fresh talent roster and would be a much more interesting partnership. The ROH/NJPW relationship is stale.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Impact runs a minimal amount of shows which minimal amounts of people attend, and even fewer actually pay to attend.

ROH has close to a national footprint, they tour year round, they run shows with paid attendance in 4 countries every year (US, Canada, Japan, UK), they actually draw fans, and they don't have the massive stink of failure attached to them. They have more TV distribution in the US than Impact, and whenever the Tribune merger finally goes through they'll have even more.

ROH is a growing brand. It's bigger now than it ever was and it's still growing. Impact is barely alive.

Also, Impact isn't enforcing TV exclusivity anyway. ROH is using Impact's undisputed champion to put over a TV champion as we speak and they didn't even mention Impact by name on the TV broadcast.

So if you can book anybody working for Impact anyway, what exactly do you have to gain by associating with their poison brand in an official capacity?
TNAmarkFrmIndia

I don't think NJPW knows or really cares about the poison brand that TNA was as much as a lot of the fans, or even the attendances for IMPACT considering NJPW lets their talent work even smaller promotions than that. What they did care about was the relationship they used to have and how NJPW talent was treated back then by TNA. But in Callis and D'Amore, they have two guys they trust in now and seeing the way Ishimori was booked on IMPACT before he came to NJPW probably relieved some of their concerns and they gave him the go ahead to appear on IMPACT.

There's no saying yet where this relationship, if there is one, will lead, but it wouldn't hurt NJPW to have access to IMPACT's talent pool, including the likes of Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett, DJZ, Dezmond Xavier, LAX, OVE, Brian Cage and others.