IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
Big Red Machine

Re: The TNA Thread

Post by Big Red Machine »

ROHFanAnthony wrote:Anybody bought tickets for the NYC shows in June? I'm thinking of getting them because I've never been to a TNA show, to see the Wolves live again, and since a lot of TNA stars do signings before the show I would like to meet Taryn Terrell(if she will be back by then). Though, I don't know if I should waste money and time on an overall sub par product.
I have also been considering this, and the thing that pushed me to not try to get tickets is the fact that the tapings will be weeks ahead of what is on TV, so I likely won't have any idea what is going on, anyway.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

supersonic wrote:
ROHdk wrote: Should the New York Rangers make it that far, I'd definitely recommend seeing a game in the Stanley Cup finals in Madison Square Garden. Unless tickets are more or less impossible to find.
Exactly. Asking to go to a TNA show is the equivalent of asking if he should attend a Flames @ Islanders game.
I'd go to an Islanders game, one of the more exciting young rosters in the NHL today.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

bik100 wrote:
supersonic wrote:
ROHdk wrote: Should the New York Rangers make it that far, I'd definitely recommend seeing a game in the Stanley Cup finals in Madison Square Garden. Unless tickets are more or less impossible to find.
Exactly. Asking to go to a TNA show is the equivalent of asking if he should attend a Flames @ Islanders game.
I'd go to an Islanders game, one of the more exciting young rosters in the NHL today.
A bottom five team in the league that hasn't been relevant in three decades.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

supersonic wrote:
bik100 wrote:
And yet remains fun to watch as they tend to put on a good performances most of the time, win or lose. Since people go to see good games, more than 'relevant' ones.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

DBSommer wrote:
supersonic wrote:
bik100 wrote:
And yet remains fun to watch as they tend to put on a good performances most of the time, win or lose. Since people go to see good games, more than 'relevant' ones.
I'm sure the ratings reflect that argument of yours.
Big Red Machine

bik100 wrote:
supersonic wrote:
Well you'll get a good view, because you'll probably be the only person in your section
Big Red Machine

Another atrocious show from TNA. More of this totally unexplained, never actually used "the belts have power" bullsh*t... but this time it is coming form a guy who is ALREADY IN CHARGE OF THE SHOW!
bik100

Post by bik100 »

supersonic wrote:
bik100 wrote:
supersonic wrote: Exactly. Asking to go to a TNA show is the equivalent of asking if he should attend a Flames @ Islanders game.
Entertainment > Relevance

Everyone who knows anything about hockey knows the Islanders have been desperately trying to re-build for a long time and are in a tough spot atm.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Big Red Machine wrote:Another atrocious show from TNA. More of this totally unexplained, never actually used "the belts have power" bullsh*t... but this time it is coming form a guy who is ALREADY IN CHARGE OF THE SHOW!
Don't you love the way MVP portrayed the belt as some kind of mystical artifact... then brush it off thirty seconds later like it's a worthless piece of scrap metal that EY can keep for a few more weeks ?
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I just find it funny that ROH is replacing TNA at a ballpark where TNA drew it's largest US crowd ever.

Also hearing that a lot of TNA wrestlers have been in contact with both Ring of Honor & Jeff Jarrett due to the nervousness that's apparently growing each week that goes by without a new TV Deal.

In regards to the Sound Stage in Orlando, it's apparently booked though September so TNA won't be able to use it again until October at the earliest.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I just find it funny that ROH is replacing TNA at a ballpark where TNA drew it's largest US crowd ever.
Didn't they do around 10.000 for Lockdown last year ?
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

Thelone wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I just find it funny that ROH is replacing TNA at a ballpark where TNA drew it's largest US crowd ever.
Didn't they do around 10.000 for Lockdown last year ?
7,200 according to wikipedia.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

TNA also drew around 7,000 at their 10 year anniversary show.

I really don't think ROH will get as many fans at MCU Park as TNA did because the latter had a lot of star power. I just hope ROH breaks their attendance record there. It will be very disappointing if they get less fans than they would if they sold out Hammerstein.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I guess it must have been highest attendance at the time. Lockdown 2013 drew pretty well.
ROHFanAnthony wrote:I really don't think ROH will get as many fans at MCU Park as TNA did because the latter had a lot of star power. I just hope ROH breaks their attendance record there. It will be very disappointing if they get less fans than they would if they sold out Hammerstein.
I guess it's going to depend on what the card is and if they bring anyone special in.
Smile

Post by Smile »

Also hearing that a lot of TNA wrestlers have been in contact with both Ring of Honor & Jeff Jarrett due to the nervousness that's apparently growing each week that goes by without a new TV Deal.

In regards to the Sound Stage in Orlando, it's apparently booked though September so TNA won't be able to use it again until October at the earliest.
lol don't believe everything you read. Spike has already offered TNA a deal but TNA is shopping the show around with the help of UTA before they agree to a deal with Spike.

And TNA opted not to book the Cyclones park this Summer because they're taping Impact in NYC in June and August. Instead they'll be doing the Basebrawl event on June 29th in Lakewood, NJ which is the park for the Phillies minor league team.
ROHdk

Post by ROHdk »

Big Red Machine wrote:
Well you'll get a good view, because you'll probably be the only person in your section[/quote]
I hope this will change for them, when they move to Brooklyn. I think they should just change their teamname to Brooklyn <something>. Brooklyn Brawlers would be a fun name for obvious reasons... ;) And they should change their colours so they match the Nets.

But I'm a Rangers fan, so Islanders fans will probably just hate on these suggestions.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Smile wrote:

lol don't believe everything you read. Spike has already offered TNA a deal but TNA is shopping the show around with the help of UTA before they agree to a deal with Spike.

And TNA opted not to book the Cyclones park this Summer because they're taping Impact in NYC in June and August. Instead they'll be doing the Basebrawl event on June 29th in Lakewood, NJ which is the park for the Phillies minor league team.
You haven't given us any reason to believe anything you read.

Again, TNA going to the Manhattan Center with a very subpar product after ROH & New Japan tore the house down? Yeah that crowd is going to tear TNA apart. Besides, there are plenty of others things you can do in NYC instead of going to TNA.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

I hope TNA gets the same treatment there as wwe did when they ran the new ecw at Hammerstein. That's one of the reasons I am considering going. That would be so fun to be a part of :lol:
Smile

Post by Smile »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Smile wrote:

You haven't given us any reason to believe anything you read.

Again, TNA going to the Manhattan Center with a very subpar product after ROH & New Japan tore the house down? Yeah that crowd is going to tear TNA apart. Besides, there are plenty of others things you can do in NYC instead of going to TNA.
lol...you said the same thing to me when I told you not to believe the nonsense that WWE was going to replace TNA on SpikeTV.

And I'm not sure what the TNA show has to do with the ROH show. You're making the assumption that the two fanbases overlap, which is foolish. Most TNA fans haven't a clue what ROH is. But if ROH fans wants to spend $50 on tickets for a TNA show, feel free.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Smile wrote: lol...you said the same thing to me when I told you not to believe the nonsense that WWE was going to replace TNA on SpikeTV.

And I'm not sure what the TNA show has to do with the ROH show. You're making the assumption that the two fanbases overlap, which is foolish. Most TNA fans haven't a clue what ROH is. But if ROH fans wants to spend $50 on tickets for a TNA show, feel free.
I don't ever recall saying WWE was going to Spike TV. I believe it was brought up in conversations (in general discussions, not just here) as a potential possibility and TNA being in trouble if it happened (if being the key word). Now that WWE has re-signed with Universal, it's a mute point.

It's the fact that they're doing a show in New York City, a place that is known for having smart wrestling crowds as well as being a WWE & ROH stronghold. If you think that crowd won't be tearing TNA to shreds, you're fooling yourself. Won't be surprised if their are a lot of edits made before those tapings go on TV.

By the way, I should note that TNA was handing out advertisement while we were waiting in line for War of the Words. I threw mine away, because I just don't care. Plus I guessed you missed the massive "Fuck TNA" Chants when Bullet Club was in the ring on Saturday...