IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: The TNA Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Fidel Costco wrote: And for the record, I like a good chunk of the TNA roster. They just can't seem to ever utilize their talent properly.
SO ACCURATE!!!
Fidel Costco

Post by Fidel Costco »

I can't help but laugh about Bobby Lashley. If they had signed him when or around his departure from WWE him being on the roster might have been a big deal. Same with MVP. But, then again, TNA would probably have fucked that up, too.

King Midas had the gold touch. TNA has the kiss of death.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
You're in denial. This company has been having big issues with paying people for a good year now.
Probably am, but the likelihood of a company having pay issues then being able to pay after being threatened seems very unlikely to me. Especially since I know a few of the guys who do production work for TNA who've received late paychecks in the past. This story has got way too many plot holes in it to be true. Hard to blame TNA for this issue anyways as it's probably accountants from the Panda side that are to blame.
TNAmarkFromIndia

Post by TNAmarkFromIndia »

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

bik100 wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
You're in denial. This company has been having big issues with paying people for a good year now.
Probably am, but the likelihood of a company having pay issues then being able to pay after being threatened seems very unlikely to me. Especially since I know a few of the guys who do production work for TNA who've received late paychecks in the past. This story has got way too many plot holes in it to be true. Hard to blame TNA for this issue anyways as it's probably accountants from the Panda side that are to blame.
TNA pays them. Not Panda. Panda gives TNA money to help keep it afloat, (although reportedly not a lot anymore because Mr. & Mrs. Carter are unhappy with all of the money their daughter has wasted on this without turning a profit), but the names on the check say "TNA" and TNA is responsible for paying all of its people with its own money.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

supersonic wrote:I have a solution for TNA, and am happy to provide this idea for nothing in return. This will certainly be best for business, leading to not only rave reviews, but cracking the door open for astronomical box office numbers and a second-to-none TV contract by the end of 2014.

It is time for TNA to do something truly cutting-edge and memorable,, something that'll get both casuals and smarks alive giddy with anticipation. My suggestion solves those issues.

Hell Without Glory Match
Kane vs. Sam Shaw

It's a SIX SIDED Hell in a Cell match, but there are special extra ingredients to make this extra memorable.

A blowtorch or flamethrower is set on the roof of the cage. Both men start inside the locked cage in the ring. The object of the match is to obtain the weapon, and the participants are welcome to use it on each other. HOWEVER, in order to win, one must burn a hole on the ring canvas and then "drag his opponent to Hell." If the weapon runs out of fire, the individual that has his finger on the trigger at the time of the weapon going on empty is disqualified.
This is utterly ridiculous. Why would you even suggest this match when we all know that TNA would never book it. Just look at the situation you've laid out here: How are they supposed to do a ref bump?!
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Big Red Machine wrote:
supersonic wrote:I have a solution for TNA, and am happy to provide this idea for nothing in return. This will certainly be best for business, leading to not only rave reviews, but cracking the door open for astronomical box office numbers and a second-to-none TV contract by the end of 2014.

It is time for TNA to do something truly cutting-edge and memorable,, something that'll get both casuals and smarks alive giddy with anticipation. My suggestion solves those issues.

Hell Without Glory Match
Kane vs. Sam Shaw

It's a SIX SIDED Hell in a Cell match, but there are special extra ingredients to make this extra memorable.

A blowtorch or flamethrower is set on the roof of the cage. Both men start inside the locked cage in the ring. The object of the match is to obtain the weapon, and the participants are welcome to use it on each other. HOWEVER, in order to win, one must burn a hole on the ring canvas and then "drag his opponent to Hell." If the weapon runs out of fire, the individual that has his finger on the trigger at the time of the weapon going on empty is disqualified.
This is utterly ridiculous. Why would you even suggest this match when we all know that TNA would never book it. Just look at the situation you've laid out here: How are they supposed to do a ref bump?!
*SPOILER ALERT*

The referee is set on fire, silly.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Hernandez was released today. Can't remember the last time he was on TV...
Smile

Post by Smile »

Big Red Machine wrote:TNA pays them. Not Panda. Panda gives TNA money to help keep it afloat, (although reportedly not a lot anymore because Mr. & Mrs. Carter are unhappy with all of the money their daughter has wasted on this without turning a profit), but the names on the check say "TNA" and TNA is responsible for paying all of its people with its own money.
This is incorrect. Panda handles the payroll. They make out the checks for all TNA staff members.
ROHdk

Post by ROHdk »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Hernandez was released today. Can't remember the last time he was on TV...
I don't watch Impact, but I did watch One Night Only: Joker's Wild on Sunday. He was on that. That show aired May 2013, but was taped in January 2013. So, um... Yeah.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Anybody bought tickets for the NYC shows in June? I'm thinking of getting them because I've never been to a TNA show, to see the Wolves live again, and since a lot of TNA stars do signings before the show I would like to meet Taryn Terrell(if she will be back by then). Though, I don't know if I should waste money and time on an overall sub par product.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Go to a Yankee game instead.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

You can also spend your money on tickets to a CHIKARA show instead. :)
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Eh they should be good shows wrestling wise as they'll be getting the majority of the BFG Series though.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

supersonic wrote:Go to a Yankee game instead.
I've been to plenty of Yankees games.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So TNA spoofed the Jay-Z/Solange Incident with Dixie Carter & Rockstar Spud....

[cornette]

This was so stupid.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

I don't see anything wrong with it.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

ROHFanAnthony wrote:Anybody bought tickets for the NYC shows in June? I'm thinking of getting them because I've never been to a TNA show, to see the Wolves live again, and since a lot of TNA stars do signings before the show I would like to meet Taryn Terrell(if she will be back by then). Though, I don't know if I should waste money and time on an overall sub par product.
Go for it. Live is always better than TV. and if it isn't that great you know not to do it again.
ROHdk

Post by ROHdk »

Should the New York Rangers make it that far, I'd definitely recommend seeing a game in the Stanley Cup finals in Madison Square Garden. Unless tickets are more or less impossible to find.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

ROHdk wrote:
Should the New York Rangers make it that far, I'd definitely recommend seeing a game in the Stanley Cup finals in Madison Square Garden. Unless tickets are more or less impossible to find.
Exactly. Asking to go to a TNA show is the equivalent of asking if he should attend a Flames @ Islanders game.