IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: The TNA Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Regarding AJ Styles leaving TNA, it is not part of the storyline that they began a few months ago. Things could change between now and December 16th but Styles is indeed leaving TNA if they don't.

Styles is currently taking independent bookings and word is that he's asking between $3,000 and $4,000 per appearance. It was noted that Styles' scheduled Q&A tour of the UK was pushed back due to a Diamond Dallas Page tour taking place around the same time but another reason for the delay is that TNA's lawyers sent legal letters to the promoters to make sure they weren't infringing on anything TNA owns rights to.

The main problem between TNA and AJ is money. TNA simply would not give him what he wanted. Now there's a feeling within TNA, with so many contracts coming up in the next year, that a lot of guys are going to end up singing deals for less than they were previously making just to keep their jobs. The feeling is if TNA wouldn't give AJ Styles more money, then they probably won't be giving any one else more money.
Hm....I'm assuming that's a good deal of money for indy bookings. Ring of Honor might be able to pay that, if they only use AJ for selective shows like Paul London and they're willing to invest money in bringing him in. Not sure about PWG...
MFKR78

Post by MFKR78 »

ShaunSperling wrote:AJ should try his hand at WWE at this point in his career. It's now or never. There is litterally nothing left for him to do in TNA except for pick up an easy paycheck from a stupid money mark. If that bint had any sense, she would realise this and put her time and effort into somebody else. I doubt she will, for the same reasons that she is an idiot.
I don't think so to be honest. For one I don't think he has any intention of going there and being on the road that much for probably very little pay. WWE have seemingly shown that they don't hold him in high regard and for him to go and slum it on low pay and be a nobody there wouldn't be so good. Also as I say I don't see that Vince sees him as anyone to make a big deal out of so at this stage it would be a black mark on his career rather than anything to achieve.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

AJ's dead in the water if he goes to the WWE, there's absolutely zero chance he even gets past NXT/jobber status.
TNAmarkFromIndia

Post by TNAmarkFromIndia »

AJ's best bet may be NJPW. Don't think WWE is interested in him.
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

I'm a TNA fan but this headline says it all... "TNA Impact Wrestling Audience Drops Despite No NFL Competition" - Enough with this Thursday Night Football shit. Unopposed and supposedly an important free TV "PPV", crowning a new World Champion. So frustrating/disappointing.
Smile

Post by Smile »

TNA and Roderick Strong are in talks right now.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Hellfont93 wrote:I'm a TNA fan but this headline says it all... "TNA Impact Wrestling Audience Drops Despite No NFL Competition" - Enough with this Thursday Night Football shit. Unopposed and supposedly an important free TV "PPV", crowning a new World Champion. So frustrating/disappointing.
Completely agree. TNA have almost become masters of frustrating and disappointing their fan base.

Also, the Dixieland Match....what a dumb concept.
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Hellfont93 wrote:I'm a TNA fan but this headline says it all... "TNA Impact Wrestling Audience Drops Despite No NFL Competition" - Enough with this Thursday Night Football shit. Unopposed and supposedly an important free TV "PPV", crowning a new World Champion. So frustrating/disappointing.
Completely agree. TNA have almost become masters of frustrating and disappointing their fan base.

Also, the Dixieland Match....what a dumb concept.
I'm glad Magnus is getting pushed and it should feel like a really big deal... but the "Dixieland" concept takes all the steam out of it. Don't over complicate things, just do a Ladder match or a Cage match for christ's sake :lol:
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

Smile wrote:TNA and Roderick Strong are in talks right now.
If this is true, kinda unsure what to think. I actually remember seeing Roddy wrestle AJ Styles on the very first Impact on Spike - that was over 8 years ago! I feel so old... :cry:
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Hellfont93 wrote: I'm glad Magnus is getting pushed and it should feel like a really big deal... but the "Dixieland" concept takes all the steam out of it. Don't over complicate things, just do a Ladder match or a Cage match for christ's sake :lol:
Same here.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

I didn't think they could come up with a top heel stable that was more pathetic than Aces & Eights but boy did TNA sure prove me wrong.
thebrettclark

Post by thebrettclark »

@JeffJarrettTNA: On December 22nd, 2013 I officially resigned from TNA Entertainment. Thanks to everyone involved for all the fantastic memories! #grateful
Via twitter.

Wonder what happened.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

The soul of TNA is gone from the company, his last heel run was amazing, some of his best work.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So Jeff Jarrett is gone from TNA? Very interesting. Losing Jeff Jarrett, the guy who founded the company, and AJ Styles, the heart & soul of TNA, is a pretty significant blow.

Speaking of Styles, his agent Bill Behrens, issued this statement today:
"We continue positive discussions with TNA but not exclusively. AJ has not yet agreed to a new deal nor signed a contract with anyone."
JSP

Post by JSP »

Wait, are we still supposed to believe your gimmick?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

JSP wrote:
I know, right? This is the same guy who said AJ was still under contract until 2014 :roll:
LariatWinslow

Post by LariatWinslow »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
JSP wrote:
I know, right? This is the same guy who said AJ was still under contract until 2014 :roll:
And the same guy who said that Tito Ortiz was NOT the mystery guy a few months back.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

So I guess Jarrett will go to AAA USA then?
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

Player vs Gamer Episode 2: A Frag Doll Meets a TNA Wrestler

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/player-v ... 0-6416700/
In this week's episode of Player vs. Gamer, see if Austin Aries can hang in the roman arena against Frag Doll Rachel Quirico as they face off in Ryse: Son of Rome. It's gonna be a blood bath!
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Just watched the Final Resolution iMPACT! and it really wasn't as bad as you guys are making it out to be. First things first, the 2 out of 3 falls match with Angle and Roode was great. I wish it'd went a little longer, but they only have 2 hours of tv time and did what they could. The knockout's tag match was also pretty good (not as good as the 2 out of 3 falls match but decent.) Women's wrestling in both WWE and TNA is getting a whole lot better than it used to be. And finally, the main event. Dixieland. The gimmick sounds stupid. The match however, was actually really good. I loved the cage match portion of the match a lot. I hadn't seen anyone do the spot where someone tries crawling out of the camera hole since Mick Foley did it in 2009 and when he did it you knew he couldn't fit, Hardy could've. And when they both escaped the cage I figured that's when things would break down but it really didn't. I could've lived without the interference, but I see what they're going for and it worked for what they're going for. Plus Hardy took a NASTY spill off that ladder onto the stage. I thought Magnus looked great in the match. Personally, I would've done the match stipulation a little different but I really don't think it was bad by any means. I would've just done something like a 3 stages of hell match, first being a cage, 2nd being a ladder with the belt above the ring, and 3rd if necessary being last man standing or i quit and just ending it with the ladder fall having magnus getting 2 straight.

Here are my Final Resolution ratings

Match 1- 2 Out Of 3 Falls Match- Bobby Roode vs. Kurt Angle ***1/2
Match 2- Tag Team Match- ODB & Madison Rayne vs. Gail Kim & Lei'D Tapa **1/4
Match 3/Main Event- TNA World Heavyweight Title Final Dixieland Match- Magnus vs. Jeff Hardy ***3/4
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.