IMPACT Wrestling Official Thread

All wrestling outside of ROH discussion welcome here!
bik100

Re: The TNA Thread

Post by bik100 »

The cost cuts have just been on guys they aren't using at this point. TJ's appearing on Ten, they're allowed to finish up dates while they're on the roster and on IMPACT weekly as well. Joey Ryan was on PWG up until December last year.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

DieHard wrote:
bik100 wrote:

LOW KI BACK IN TNA!
Looks awesome. Hopefully it's Low Ki and not Hardcore Holly lol
Adam Pearce is another person I've been hearing...
bik100

Post by bik100 »

I'm not sure on Pearce, where does he fit in and why give it away on Twitter?
JSP

Post by JSP »

He was on Gut Check, but other than that, it wouldn't make much sense. Neither would Low Ki, but W8NC I guess
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Just found out Chris Sabin is TNA world champ, how and when did that happen? Pleased for the guy, might start checking it out or is it still all Aces and 8s?
Hellfont93

Post by Hellfont93 »

classic-cabana wrote:Just found out Chris Sabin is TNA world champ, how and when did that happen? Pleased for the guy, might start checking it out or is it still all Aces and 8s?
He won it a couple weeks ago. He cashed in his X Division title and beat Bully Ray (They had a Destination X TV special) - and Yeah, Aces & 8s still exist and are still pretty crap.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

classic-cabana wrote:Just found out Chris Sabin is TNA world champ, how and when did that happen? Pleased for the guy, might start checking it out or is it still all Aces and 8s?
His match with Bully Ray was on the Destination X TV Special (July 18th). Basically they did the same thing they did with Aries last year where Sabin handed over the X-Division Title for a World Title Shot. Yes, Aces & Eights are still prominent. I think Sabin & Bully Ray are having a rematch in a Steel Cage on the Hardcore Justice TV Special in a few weeks.
JSP

Post by JSP »

Don't bother checking it out. Sabin won the title on a fluke and really shouldn't have gotten the title in the first place. They tried to recreate the Aries moment but failed due to a really bad match (sorry, but as good as he is, Sabin only getting a couple moves in for 15 minutes is bullshit) and rushed build. The only reason people gush on it is because Sabin used to be an indy guy. If it was anyone else, most of you would shit on it.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

JSP wrote:Don't bother checking it out. Sabin won the title on a fluke and really shouldn't have gotten the title in the first place. They tried to recreate the Aries moment but failed due to a really bad match (sorry, but as good as he is, Sabin only getting a couple moves in for 15 minutes is bullshit) and rushed build. The only reason people gush on it is because Sabin used to be an indy guy. If it was anyone else, most of you would shit on it.
I watched maybe 4-5 matches of him from his indy days (and 4 of them were MCMG's matches). So yeah, no. Some of us were excited because it was an awesome moment and well-deserved, especially after everything Sabin went through in the past two years.
MOOSE!
JSP

Post by JSP »

It wasn't the moment it could have been. Sabin won the title with a hammer shot and wasn't really all that credible to begin with. It reeked desperately of TNA trying to do something odd (and I'll be the first to admit that I didn't expect it) and emulate something that worked surprisingly well last year. I might be a little more receptive had he not gotten his ass handed to him for 15 minutes and then won by hitting Bully with a hammer. How does that equal an awesome moment? To me, it was an overbooked fluke.

You have different opinions and good on you, but Chris Sabin isn't World Title type talent to me. X-Division ace? Sure. World Title esque? No. He hasn't shown me anything that sets him apart from your regular X-Division worker. And like I said, it doesn't help that the booking of the match itself was dire.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Chris Sabin is the man, they're building him as an underdog champion which is a good idea. He's starting to get over also.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

So far, he's the guy who won the title by total accident and cheating.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

A major problem I have with Sabin's win is he didn't have much momentum going in, while Aries last year was the hottest thing in the company.

The fans seemed to pop more in a "Wow, we just saw a world title change!" direction as opposed to actually being happy for Sabin. As long as he doesn't quickly drop the belt to Ray again, I think the whole thing can be salvaged.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Another August 1st Video

DieHard

Post by DieHard »

I don't know. Looks like Hardcore Holly to me.
MOOSE!
bik100

Post by bik100 »

Low Ki or Lashley.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I doubt it's Hardcore Holly. I think it'll be Low Ki or Adam Pearce.
JSP

Post by JSP »

bik100 wrote:Chris Sabin is the man, they're building him as an underdog champion which is a good idea. He's starting to get over also.
Well if he's JUST STARTING to get over, why should he be World Champ? World Champs should be extremely over before they even go for the belt.
bik100

Post by bik100 »

JSP wrote:
bik100 wrote:Chris Sabin is the man, they're building him as an underdog champion which is a good idea. He's starting to get over also.
Well if he's JUST STARTING to get over, why should he be World Champ? World Champs should be extremely over before they even go for the belt.
Nah I think it's better to try to get him over as champion, TNA doesn't have a variety of options to get a guy really over right now. It's something new people aren't trying, might as well take the risk.
JSP

Post by JSP »

Well they interrupted a pretty good Bully Ray title reign for a guy that isn't very over yet. That's my main qualm. I'm not dogging on your opinion or anything, but I think they should have stayed with Bully.